Fuel pressure anyone actually measure it? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Fuel pressure anyone actually measure it?

Has anyone ever actually checked theirs? I have been told the v6 cars run at 60psi, old school Ford was always measured at 43.5 psi or basically 3 bar, I know my vette was in the 50's stock and the Mustang has an early return system like the vette, just wondering?

13 V6 Coupe Base MT6
Home built 62mm Turbo Kit

"Old Bo and Luke didn't need no GPS or big old fancy computer cause the one thing those old Duke boys were good at was finding Cooter!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013
PONY Member

Its actually set at 55 psi. The system is set by the fuel pump. There isnt even a sensor in the system to measure fuel pressure. That's all in the computer. I have my system set at 65 psi on the fuel regulator. We had a fun time figuring out that the computer is just told that the fuel pressure is at 55 psi. So even though im running 65 psi we tell the computer its only seeing 55psi. If not then the computer goes ape and doesn't like life.

If you need a fuel system let me know mine is looking for a new home for half the price of building one. lol

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrdogg View Post
Has anyone ever actually checked theirs? I have been told the v6 cars run at 60psi, old school Ford was always measured at 43.5 psi or basically 3 bar, I know my vette was in the 50's stock and the Mustang has an early return system like the vette, just wondering?
Would it possible to get this info onto ***? It might come in handy one day.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013
KILLER

Here's a pic I took that shows fuel pressure is 62 psi.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013
Rookie

info on bumping it up

how do you adjust fuel pressure ? And how did you trick the computer.
on my old school 5.0 I just bought a adjustable regulator .Can this be done with the 3.7 ?
I would like to bump it up a little due to the CAI has made a small lag on take off because of all the extra air over fuel at take off

2012 3.7
75MM TB
CA intake
3.31 rear gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page