Anybody using Brembo50 55D rear springs w/Koni Yellows? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Anybody using Brembo50 55D rear springs w/Koni Yellows?

Hi guys

I have installed Steeda Sport Springs on my 12-V6 earlier this summer to find that the front end lowered only inch because of lighter engine, but still got a full inch in the back. Did not like the leveled (was totally flat) look and did not like the balance of the car either, so i reinstalled the stock rear springs and kept the front ones. The front works great with the Sport Springs and HD Mounts, so i am keeping it as is and work on the rear-end.

So now, with stock rear springs, my Mustang sit a little high and with the Steeda's it sits a little low. So i am aiming right in between for a drop of about inch in the back to complement the i got in front. Been looking at spring seats to lift the rear about using the Steeda springs, but cannot find anything that fits the 2005+ Mustang, except what comes with coilover kits but i can't seem to find the spring perch only. Then again, i would probably not be able to get around " with an adjustable spring perch.

So, i have been looking at the Brembo50 55D Spring Kit as an option to lower my rear-end about inch. The spring rate would probably be between the stock spring and the Steeda, so i believe that might be a good match for my Koni Yellows.

So, anybody here already running the 55D kit with Koni Yellows? Better yet, anybody matched those springs with front Steeda Sport Springs? Long shot and expecting "no" as an answer, but who knows, i may be surprised ;-)

Can't wait to finish that project. I explained my problem to the Mustang specialty shop in my area and the guy wanted to sell me a kit of Eibach springs. A Steeda rep offered me to swap my front Sport Springs with Ultralights as a better match for the rear Sport Springs, but the front end is perfect as it is now and not touching it.

Please share your toughts. Thanks. Sorry for the long post.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013
PONY Member

I have a brembo car with stock springs and koni yellows. They took the bounciness out of the ride, I am running the rears at 1/4 turn from full soft at the moment and the car feels pretty balanced.

2011 Mustang GT - 6 Speed, White, Brembo package
Vortech v3si, homemade intake, Koni yellows, GT500 strut mounts and mufflers, BBK LCAs, Barton 2 post, MT Street Comp tires 255F 285R
567hp/460ft*lb wheel [email protected] / 1.883 60' ([email protected])
1973 Mustang Mach 1- Fuel injected 351c, toploader 4 speed, 9" trac-lok, Hotrod Flatz OD green
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwardspiral View Post
I have a brembo car with stock springs and koni yellows. They took the bounciness out of the ride, I am running the rears at 1/4 turn from full soft at the moment and the car feels pretty balanced.
Thanks for your input. I am asking about the 55D spring kit from Route 66 Speed Shop that lowers the rear about ", but they are supposed to be the same rate as the OE Brembo package springs. So your input is valuable.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013
Sean Reilly

Yup, I know that my buddy put the 55D's with the Koni Yellows on his Base GT. And after I took it for a nice spin, I could not believe how nice and tight this setup was!

Sean
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013
Apprentice

I also have an '11 brembo car with Koni yellows and 55D's. The spring rate does feel the same as stock. I think it is a good balance between ride quality and firmer handling. I would want stiffer and lower springs if it wasn't my daily driver though.

2011 Brembo GT.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013
PONY Member

I thought the brembo brake package was the 55d package, is it definitely a different spring?

2011 Mustang GT - 6 Speed, White, Brembo package
Vortech v3si, homemade intake, Koni yellows, GT500 strut mounts and mufflers, BBK LCAs, Barton 2 post, MT Street Comp tires 255F 285R
567hp/460ft*lb wheel [email protected] / 1.883 60' ([email protected])
1973 Mustang Mach 1- Fuel injected 351c, toploader 4 speed, 9" trac-lok, Hotrod Flatz OD green
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013
PONY Member

cheapest solution: cut the front springs.

2012 V6 Base. 6-speed. 3.31. Roush Wheel Hop Kit. BMR 38mm Front Swaybar. Camber Modded Koni Yellow Struts. Linear Steeda Sport Springs. J&M Camber Plates. J&M Panhard Bar. Airaid Intake. 93R Bama Tune. BBK Ceramic Shorties. Carbon Fiber Trac-Lok w/ Finned Cover. Hawk SR pads. GT Rotors. Spec Al Flywheel & Stage I Clutch, 18x10.5 ET38 Enkei PF01 Wheels. 285 30 R18 RE-71r tires. Boss 302 Radiator.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwardspiral View Post
I thought the brembo brake package was the 55d package, is it definitely a different spring?
Yes they are different springs then the "Base" GT setup, however people with the Brembo Pack call them the "55-D" springs. Ive heard guys with the Track-Pack option call them the "55-R" springs. It is just the reference to which Package you have....... But in truth, they are both the Same spring with factory Ref.# Br33-5560-G .....

Sean
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I should have specified in the title that am interested in the Route 66 Speed Shop 55D Spring Kit, not the Ford 55D springs. The aftermarket springs have the same spring rate but lower the rear 0.5", wich is just what i need to complement the 0.5" front drop from the Steeda springs on V6. I basically want to know how those aftermarket 55d springs pair with Koni Yellows

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulozzz View Post
I should have specified in the title that am interested in the Route 66 Speed Shop 55D Spring Kit, not the Ford 55D springs. The aftermarket springs have the same spring rate but lower the rear 0.5", wich is just what i need to complement the 0.5" front drop from the Steeda springs on V6. I basically want to know how those aftermarket 55d springs pair with Koni Yellows

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ahhhhh......."I See", said the blind man.........Boy, do I feel like a Knuckle-Head

Sean
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

ordered a set of Route 66 Speed Shop 55D rear springs. I am expecting to get the original rake back with the car inch lower all around. It seems to be the only spring set with only inch of drop. Not touching the front as i feel it is very good as it is.... if it ain't broke, don't fix it .

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Update

Update, i installed the Route 66 Speed Shop 55D rear springs and they are a very nice match for my Koni Yellows running at about turn. The drop is subtle, but it is there and the rake looks stock. I am happy.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulozzz View Post
Update, i installed the Route 66 Speed Shop 55D rear springs and they are a very nice match for my Koni Yellows running at about turn. The drop is subtle, but it is there and the rake looks stock. I am happy.
Got any photos (before, i.e. stock, and after, i.e. the current setup, would be especially helpful)?

How's the handling balance? Have you taken your car onto the track?
GT Member

i have the sports on my v6 and the gap between the tire and wheel well is the same front and back. i think it looks better that way than to have the front lower than the rear. The plastic trim running along the side still angles down toward the front so it doesnt look flat. I also have a racing jack and spare tire in the rear and usually a full tank of gas.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page