Ford scaming drivers out of warranty!!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1989 View Post
Actually FORD Cannot. Void your warranty unless they can prove that something, You(customer) did damaged a part that is covered by warranty in other words if I blow a piston I'm screwed!! Because of all the engine mods but if My alternator goes bad as it did in the past they have to warranty it! Like they did , long story short a supercharger has no effect on your AC system !! And much less does it explain a incorrect diagnosis just to charge you more for something they did not do yet you(customer) are still paying for , last time I when I had my timing gear problem they made me pay another 110$ for a diagnosis that said that my tuner! Messed up turned out that the pin on my timing gear was so weak that an incorrect shift caused the pin almost break in half. Bottom line something has to be done about these corporate thieves. The explanation I got was labor is 100$ a hour I was being charged 500$. So when I asked to get a breakdown adding freon takes 1.4 hours that roughly an hour and 25 minutes TO ADD FREON!!! It took me literally 5 minutes and then what. 3 and a half hours to put a relay and 2 fuses? Or like they call it "CIRCUIT BREAKERS" .. I will so all I can to get some closure I'm not Ms. Jackson that goes to get her oil done and to find out why she has no washer fluid I'm a mechanically inclined person and I know when I'm being screw.
Sure, they can't void it but they can run you in circles until you give up or pay up for a lawyer. There have been endless threads on warranty issues with modded cars. It's not worth it so don't tune or mess around with the engine until you warranty is expired. Simple as that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

First, if *you* added the supercharger, or if you replaced a seal, your engine warranty is probably void.

Second, they always charge a diagnosis fee, and that fee is taken out of the cost of repair (if performed).

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
That's like saying that just because a freshise of McDonald's does not represent McDonald's because he's private... They are still part of it and people don't know dealerships as the dealership in 49st. They know it as The Ford Dealership
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang No.7 View Post
If there is any electrical connection between the supercharger and the fan circuit, it is an opportunity for a denied warranty claim for anything that fails on that circuit. I might add that there is still the question of why the fuse failed in the first place. As well, while I do perform mods on my vehicle, I am also fully aware that I may be required to expertly refute a dealership's claim of said mods being the source of part or equipment failure. In addition, labor charges are determined by a guide book and may or may not reflect actual time necessary to accomplish any given task. Further, the things that you claim you were being "charged" for are on the estimate. You weren't actually charged for anything other than an hour of labor for a diagnosis that you dispute. Finally, have you followed the contact instructions provided on Ford's website for unresolved issues with dealerships? The problems that people have with dealerships of ALL brands and makes are legend. While it is distressing that you have had this experience, it is not unique to Ford as a corporation, this could happen at a Chevy, Toyota or Mercedes dealership. Ultimately, the onus is on the owner of a modified car to follow the chain of contact and expertly refute the claims of a service manager. Unfortunately, this is a responsibility that comes with the act of performing mods on your car.
Nitro what I think you fail to understand is that the dealership provides the service which is what you are having a problem with. You do not have a problem with the product. Therefore you are just looking to place blame on everyone.

Mustang #7 has such an eloquent way of putting it. Bravo

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-

Apprentice

Try taking it to another dealer???? I went to three dealers when i had condensation in my headlight after 6000kms... the first two dealers said it was overspray from when i got my bumper painted... dont know how i get overspray on the inside of my headlight, and i had to pay a diagnosis fee too the first two times.

2013 V6, Candy Red, Auto, Base
FRPP Sport Axle Back, FRPP X-Pipe MMD side Louvers, Roush CAI, Brembo Brakes, H&R SS springs 1.7/2.1" - SOLD

2015 GT black premium
SHELBY GT 350 Member

thx guys....when I start to think these forums all full of Koolaid Drinkers, Haters, Fanboys, & Basement living whiners the majority of the responses have been good. It sounds like the OP modded/damaged his car and is pissed at Ford for the results. The majority of us understand that any major mod will void most of your wtty (regardless of direct cause or not) but when the modded part causes the problem how an you ***** about the outcome.

OP it sux your car is having problems but.................

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Bob Dobbs View Post
I honestly tried to read that, but my brain fried in the process.
^+1 agreed, punctuation was invented for a reason

2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB | Airaid CAI | SR Performance STB | JLT Oil Separator
MPT Tuned | SCT X4 | MMD Classic Louvers | Roush Upper & Lower Grilles
BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires | Windows Tinted @35
Flux Capacitor v3.2.1 | Mr. Fusion Generator v4.2 | DB Hover Conversion
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang No.7 View Post
If there is any electrical connection between the supercharger and the fan circuit, it is an opportunity for a denied warranty claim for anything that fails on that circuit. I might add that there is still the question of why the fuse failed in the first place. As well, while I do perform mods on my vehicle, I am also fully aware that I may be required to expertly refute a dealership's claim of said mods being the source of part or equipment failure. In addition, labor charges are determined by a guide book and may or may not reflect actual time necessary to accomplish any given task. Further, the things that you claim you were being "charged" for are on the estimate. You weren't actually charged for anything other than an hour of labor for a diagnosis that you dispute. Finally, have you followed the contact instructions provided on Ford's website for unresolved issues with dealerships? The problems that people have with dealerships of ALL brands and makes are legend. While it is distressing that you have had this experience, it is not unique to Ford as a corporation, this could happen at a Chevy, Toyota or Mercedes dealership. Ultimately, the onus is on the owner of a modified car to follow the chain of contact and expertly refute the claims of a service manager. Unfortunately, this is a responsibility that comes with the act of performing mods on your car.

Mustang #7 As you can understand Customers have rights just as companies and often more than not we waive our rights because Companies have bigger and stronger muscles, as STATED by THE Consumer Protection ACT! SEMA REPORT A company cannot just simply void your warranty for using an aftermarket part they NEED PROF not words... ACTUAL PROF that what you changed or what you did damaged the part being warrantied.

@djhayes1963 just because a company does it and companies are regulated does not make it right or acceptable, with Muscle (MONEY) comes power and that power can be used to buy out! or intimidate others with less Muscle(MONEY) to back off which explains why 1 customer cant go against a COMPANY.

@RandoTheKing typical mind of the consumer thats exactly how companies what you to think and they fight everyday to take your rights away.

@jsimmons Obviously i MODDED the engine I'm not there for "ENGINE" warranty
and they charge a diag fee because it is no business to them to tell you what the problem is and then u go fix it yourself or go somewere cheaper, so thats why they charge you to tell you what the problem is , Only 1 catch there THEY ACTUALLY HAVE TO TELL YOU WHAT THE PROBLEM IS! NOT GIVE U A ******** COVER STORY TO CHARGE YOU!.

@Smurf stang ok smurf im not sure you understand whats going on here.... I am not looking to place blame on " EVERYONE " i am looking to get my stolen money back and to stop this kind of behavior and theft to happen in the future which is what your are failing to understand, Ford and their dealers are not separate as long as their dealerships have their name on the location they have to Follow their rules and policies because they represent the COMPANY when you go to a dealership it does not say DEALERSHIP it says FORD DEALERSHIP, See that first word ? that's what makes it owned by FORD MOTOR COMPANY.

Ultimately here is a Detailed explanation for those of you who umm.... is taking it longer to get whats going on here.

they were charging me 40$ for a relay i DID NOT NEED!
and 2 "CIRCUIT BREAKER' AKA FUSES at 5$ EACH which i also DID NOT NEED!

They also charged me $11.87 For and i quote! COST AND PROFIT!!! to the motor vehicle facility... for SUCH AS! MISC shop supplies!! Which they used none!
OR WASTE DISPOSAL Which they did not do Either to my Car... So here again
another 11.87 dollars stolen from the customer.

I HOPE this explains everything and gets in the head of those who are still skeptical about the real intentions of dealers .

Mobile Mod Performance
Mustang Performance
v6mustangperformance.com
Leading 3.7L Database Website
Banned

Quote:
I HOPE this explains everything and gets in the head of those who are still skeptical about the real intentions of dealers .
Well... I hate to break it to you, but a Dealership is a business. What is the goal of a business? To make money. If they can tack on ~12 bucks to everyone's bill, and people pay it? Whether you like it or not, that's just business.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Topic title should be changed from "Ford" to "Dealership"

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
[email protected] stang ok smurf im not sure you understand whats going on here.... I am not looking to place blame on " EVERYONE " i am looking to get my stolen money back and to stop this kind of behavior and theft to happen in the future which is what your are failing to understand, Ford and their dealers are not separate as long as their dealerships have their name on the location they have to Follow their rules and policies because they represent the COMPANY when you go to a dealership it does not say DEALERSHIP it says FORD DEALERSHIP, See that first word ? that's what makes it owned by FORD MOTOR COMPANY.

Ultimately here is a Detailed explanation for those of you who umm.... is taking it longer to get whats going on here.
Oh I understand but again that is not "Ford's" fault.

Also Ford does not own the dealerships again you have no idea what you are talking about. So calling all of us slow well I guess you need to look into the mirror little man.

Thirdly when you signed the estimate form did it not have it explained that you would be charged a "diagnosing fee"?

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
Apprentice

If you are going to mod a car, would it be better to buy a used car?
You can probably get a used mustang for $10K less than a new one, and that $10K will pay for a lot of repairs.
PONY Member

When a dealership does warranty work they are paid by Ford - so really there isn't any incentive for them to "cancel your warranty" since they have a better chance getting paid by Ford.

But they are required to follow certain protocols to keep Ford happy too and paying the bill, which means if the modification causes an issue then it isn't the fault of Ford and the Ford warranty can't be honored by the company. Ford warrantees the car that Ford built, not the one that we built by modification of the car

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This is turning into nothing more than an argument so we are done here.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page