Ford scaming drivers out of warranty!!! - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ford scaming drivers out of warranty!!!

i did some work on changing the Crankshaft Seal out of the car since it was leaking because of a damaged Crank Pulley after improving the pin in the crank timing gear, i put everything together and started the car after a few hours i noticed the car's AC was very dim so i took it to the dealership as i considered i have Warranty i can let them deal with it.
i drop off the car 2 days after i get a call.... says my SUPERCHARGER FAN! was wired incorrectly ( I DID THE INSTALL MY SELF I KNOW FOR A FACT IT WASN'T ) so my fan Blew out a RELAY and A CIRCUIT BREAKER on the AC! it was gonna be 513.58 To fix it because my warranty did not cover it,i go down and start to put 2 and 2 together i ask the guy what exactly went wrong so he tells me that my fan was not working and that the wiring on the fan made a short that blew a Relay and a Circuit Breaker on the AC.
I tell them i will take it and fix it else were they make me Pay 118$ for a DIAGNOSIS!! i start doing some research and i figure out that they were charging me a RELAY! just a Plain relay that goes on either IN or OUT fuse box and then i found out that the " CIRCUIT BREAKER " is actually a Fuse and i was being charged for 2 of them at 5$ EACH! i do more research and test all my fuses found out 1 fuse was blown! i replace the fuse and that fuse actually controlled the PCM Module 3 essentially that means the fan! my fan starts working again.
I start thinking and FAN not working means things GET HOT OVER HEAT! and Rise the Pressure in the AC system if I'm Correct the AC has a Release Valve which will explain why Freon would leak if the pressure rises... making the AC not blow cold air... so i drain the system and refill with 2 cans of 134a and finally Everything Starts working perfectly Fine...
so Problem #1: I was given an INCORRECT diagnosis that i was charged for! Problem#2: I was Denied Warranty on something that had nothing to do with 1 another...
MY QUESTION NOW is if anyone!! i mean anyone!! can help me figuring out what i can do about this Legally?
and if i could go and demand my MONEY back along with putting some legal concerns on them.

Desha I was toled you could shine some light on this if so please reply

Mobile Mod Performance
Mustang Performance
v6mustangperformance.com
Leading 3.7L Database Website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Damn man, that sucks. I'm just glad I haven't had to fool with the dealership (yet), and my warranty is almost up anyways. I do have to take our '13 Fusion in though, but it's still a virgin so I hope it will be a trouble-free experience.

I've always had a bad taste in my mouth about dealerships just because of the stories I hear. This is another one. I hope they straighten things out for you bro. Please keep us updated on any outcome.......

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

You really expected them to warranty the repairs on your car with all the mods you have and not have them deny it because of it?

Even if you could successfully argue with them about the relay they would probably figure some other way around it. With so many changes due to the blower and related mods they have so many things they could claim to be contributing to most any mechanical issue you have on your car.

You can hire a lawyer and take them to court but it'll cost you big $$$, and Ford has lots more money than you do.

If my car had all the mods yours does I wouldn't ever take it back to the dealer for any service.

And FoolnYa, do you already have 60K on your car??? You know the powertrain warranty is 5/60, base warranty is 3/36.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013
FiK
PONY Member

Garage
Last I checked, dealerships aren't manufacturers?

Ford dealership is trying to scam someone != Ford trying to scam someone.

2011 3.7L Performance Pack (3.31 gear); BMR Springs (1.0, 1.25), Adj Panhard, UCAM, UCA, CABs, LCAs; Tokico DSP-12s; GT500 Strut Mounts; DSS AL Driveshaft; JLT Oil Catch; TSW Interlagos 20x8.5 & Falken 255/35R20 x 4; Audio Sys; Amsoil Sig Series 5W-30/EAO17; Pypes 3" Catback;
On the shelf: H&R SS (1.7/2.4); MM 11+ CC Plates;

RICE
is anyone driving any vehicle with Race-Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013
Banned

I honestly tried to read that, but my brain fried in the process.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
You really expected them to warranty the repairs on your car with all the mods you have and not have them deny it because of it?

Even if you could successfully argue with them about the relay they would probably figure some other way around it. With so many changes due to the blower and related mods they have so many things they could claim to be contributing to most any mechanical issue you have on your car.

You can hire a lawyer and take them to court but it'll cost you big $$$, and Ford has lots more money than you do.

If my car had all the mods yours does I wouldn't ever take it back to the dealer for any service.

And FoolnYa, do you already have 60K on your car??? You know the powertrain warranty is 5/60, base warranty is 3/36.
No sir, I "only" have 21k on her now. But I wouldn't take it in for anything mechanical anyways. Such as clutch, tranny, etc.

I'm rather hard on my car..... I wouldn't expect Ford to cover my abuse, I'm just not that guy. (not saying OP is, his issue wasn't really pertaining to his mods, the mods were just a scapegoat for Ford imo)

Now if my a/c started acting funky, or paint bubbled, stuff like that, I would have to try and put that off on the dealership's dime.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Actually FORD Cannot. Void your warranty unless they can prove that something, You(customer) did damaged a part that is covered by warranty in other words if I blow a piston I'm screwed!! Because of all the engine mods but if My alternator goes bad as it did in the past they have to warranty it! Like they did , long story short a supercharger has no effect on your AC system !! And much less does it explain a incorrect diagnosis just to charge you more for something they did not do yet you(customer) are still paying for , last time I when I had my timing gear problem they made me pay another 110$ for a diagnosis that said that my tuner! Messed up turned out that the pin on my timing gear was so weak that an incorrect shift caused the pin almost break in half. Bottom line something has to be done about these corporate thieves. The explanation I got was labor is 100$ a hour I was being charged 500$. So when I asked to get a breakdown adding freon takes 1.4 hours that roughly an hour and 25 minutes TO ADD FREON!!! It took me literally 5 minutes and then what. 3 and a half hours to put a relay and 2 fuses? Or like they call it "CIRCUIT BREAKERS" .. I will so all I can to get some closure I'm not Ms. Jackson that goes to get her oil done and to find out why she has no washer fluid I'm a mechanically inclined person and I know when I'm being screw.

Mobile Mod Performance
Mustang Performance
v6mustangperformance.com
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolnYa View Post
No sir, I "only" have 21k on her now. But I wouldn't take it in for anything mechanical anyways. Such as clutch, tranny, etc.

I'm rather hard on my car..... I wouldn't expect Ford to cover my abuse, I'm just not that guy. (not saying OP is, his issue wasn't really pertaining to his mods, the mods were just a scapegoat for Ford imo)

Now if my a/c started acting funky, or paint bubbled, stuff like that, I would have to try and put that off on the dealership's dime.
Just letting you guys know a dealership is a business and essentially the word business means Someone is getting screwed essentially you(customer) in other words when u buy a car and it comes with warranty don't think for a second that warranty comes from their good will and humbleness your paying for that warranty when u buy the car! Just like. When u buy something online and u get free shipping!!! Your paying for the shipping in the price!! Nothing is free ... If u have something take advantage of it

Mobile Mod Performance
Mustang Performance
v6mustangperformance.com
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

But what I think you may not understand is that Ford has nothing to do with this as this is the dealership.

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf stang View Post
But what I think you may not understand is that Ford has nothing to do with this as this is the dealership.
That's like saying that just because a freshise of McDonald's does not represent McDonald's because he's private... They are still part of it and people don't know dealerships as the dealership in 49st. They know it as The Ford Dealership

Mobile Mod Performance
Mustang Performance
v6mustangperformance.com
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolnYa View Post

Just a guess on my part, but if Ford looks in on these forums & sees your avatar, they are going to figure out that you are not just sitting in a Wally World parking lot waiting for an available parking spot.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If there is any electrical connection between the supercharger and the fan circuit, it is an opportunity for a denied warranty claim for anything that fails on that circuit. I might add that there is still the question of why the fuse failed in the first place. As well, while I do perform mods on my vehicle, I am also fully aware that I may be required to expertly refute a dealership's claim of said mods being the source of part or equipment failure. In addition, labor charges are determined by a guide book and may or may not reflect actual time necessary to accomplish any given task. Further, the things that you claim you were being "charged" for are on the estimate. You weren't actually charged for anything other than an hour of labor for a diagnosis that you dispute. Finally, have you followed the contact instructions provided on Ford's website for unresolved issues with dealerships? The problems that people have with dealerships of ALL brands and makes are legend. While it is distressing that you have had this experience, it is not unique to Ford as a corporation, this could happen at a Chevy, Toyota or Mercedes dealership. Ultimately, the onus is on the owner of a modified car to follow the chain of contact and expertly refute the claims of a service manager. Unfortunately, this is a responsibility that comes with the act of performing mods on your car.

2014 Race Red Base Model-3.7L, MT82, Tech Package, 18" Black Factory Wheels, AirRaid CAI
Banned

Car dealerships are like insurance companies as they deny, obsfucate, and do anything in their power to wear you down to the point that you give up
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
Just a guess on my part, but if Ford looks in on these forums & sees your avatar, they are going to figure out that you are not just sitting in a Wally World parking lot waiting for an available parking spot.
IDK man, around here you have to be on your A-game to get a spot at WallyWorld, gotta hit the tree on Grandma before that Crown Vic whips in there!
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhayes1963 View Post
Car dealerships are like insurance companies as they deny, obsfucate, and do anything in their power to wear you down to the point that you give up
I can't lie, I wasn't sure if that was even a real word, so I googled it, lol. Learn something new every day! (Since it's only 6:30, and I learned my new thing, can I go back to bed?!? )

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page