MAC headers coming soon - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Is it Friday yet?

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf stang View Post
Is it Friday yet?
Right there with you. I keep checking this thread hoping theres updates lol. Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That's cool I'm eager to see how they look. Eventually get some track times for both the MAC and the BBK shorties. I doubt they will look much better than the BBK's but we shall see. Mine don't look to bad and they perform nicely on the butt dyno so I'm happy with em for the price I paid.

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

Banned

I'd love a set of these in ceramic... Hmm...
Apprentice

Mac is always hit and miss on fitment. Would not want to be the guinea pig. Had an entire exhaust system from them that looked like it was welded together in a jig that someone ran over with a fork lift.

2013 Grabber Blue Premium Couple, Auto, FRPP N Springs, FRPP Dampeners, Lund Tune
post #21 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaman View Post
Mac is always hit and miss on fitment. Would not want to be the guinea pig. Had an entire exhaust system from them that looked like it was welded together in a jig that someone ran over with a fork lift.
For the price point I am not expecting top quality but hopefully fully coated unlike thee partially coated BBKs I got. The guy Manny at MAC seemed cool, knowledgeable and committed to a good product. **** happens, hopefully they have improved QC since you got your set?
post #22 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

I wonder why MAC put out a SS exhaust for the V6 at $449 but is not offering SS headers?
Apprentice

I wish someone would come to the table with stainless, I'd love to be able to bolt them on and not worry about them rusting out down the road, especially with salty winters.

2013 V6 6MT w/ tech pkg | Steeda Intake | MPT Tune | Barton Shifter | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
PONY Member

Is it Friday yet?

Oh wait, it is! Anyone have the pictures yet?

166,xxx miles
2011 3.7L MT82 Kona Blue GT/CS Pedestal Spoiler, Cervini's HE hood, Stillen chin spoiler, BBK headers, GT T/B, Steeda tune, Ram 9.5 Dual Disc clutch, 3.15 axle T2R Torsen, 285/35/18 w/ Steeda 18"x 9.5"+44mm Q1s, Steeda Sports springs/Koni struts/Viking shocks, Shelby adj front sway bar, Boss302 Rear sway bar, Whiteline Watts Link, 14" "Brembo-ish" brakes and 3/4" front wheel spacers/ARP studs.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare37 View Post
Is it Friday yet?

Oh wait, it is! Anyone have the pictures yet?
THIS!!!!

post #26 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

I just talked to Manny. He is doing everything he can to have them posted under the V6 section of their site today. He said worst case if things do not work out it may be Monday.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post
I just talked to Manny. He is doing everything he can to have them posted under the V6 section of their site today. He said worst case if things do not work out it may be Monday.
So does that mean they are available to order you just have to call them? Did Manny give a part number?

[LEFT][SIZE=2][B][FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Red]2013 V6 Base, Manual / Race Red / Roush CAI / Roush Axle Back/w square tips / Steeda tower brace.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/LEFT]
post #28 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

I thought I had posted above that the pictures will be posted Friday and they will be on the market within a month?
PONY Member

I refer you back to post #13. That is your answer.
Banned

I refer you back to post #13. That is your answer.

Post #13 above asks about a mid-pipe. What is it that #13 answers??

For most of the summer, MAC has had

21405 Ceramac (sic) Short Tube Headers
31405 Chrome Short Tube Headers

They also list a Pro Chamber mid pipe for Short or stock headers, PC2126.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page