MAC headers coming soon - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Meh, these don't look any nicer than the BBKs. I will hold final judgement until I see real pictures of these from multiple angles. I sincerely hope that another company brings a higher quality set of shorties to the market. Ceramic stainless would be the bee's knees and I'd have no problem paying $500-600 for this.

2013 V6 Base Coupe - Performance and Tech Packages - Ingot Silver

Bama Tuned with Airaid CAI - GT front brake upgrade - More to come.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPinTX View Post
Meh, these don't look any nicer than the BBKs. I will hold final judgement until I see real pictures of these from multiple angles. I sincerely hope that another company brings a higher quality set of shorties to the market. Ceramic stainless would be the bee's knees and I'd have no problem paying $500-600 for this.
I hate when 3.7's don't get a stainless option. I would consider stainless shorties and a stainless lethal h pipe, but they don't exist.

I will never run alumanized

Base Vehicle- Black 2012 3.7L V6 Premium, Pony Package

Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigalsixer View Post
I hate when 3.7's don't get a stainless option. I would consider stainless shorties and a stainless lethal h pipe, but they don't exist.

I will never run alumanized
+1^^
Living somewhere where they salt the roads on a regular basis, I can't run anything other than stainless which really limits my options. I don't want to have to replace my exhaust system every two years....
JeffOden

I've used ceramic header paint on Stainless plated headers before with good results. They don't use much salt up here in WA state and it's not as good as ceramic coated headers, but at $9 for a can and as cheap/thrifty as I am it worked for me.
VHT Paints/Flat black FlameProof extreme high temperature coating (SP102) | Paint - Spray Can and Touch Up | AutoZone.com
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaEthan View Post
+1^^
Living somewhere where they salt the roads on a regular basis, I can't run anything other than stainless which really limits my options. I don't want to have to replace my exhaust system every two years....
Same thing if you live somewhere extremely humid and by the ocean, a good part of California. In the northern parts the redwood forests are literally considered rainforests and its one of the foggiest/dampest areas in the world. Toss in a salty ocean breeze and its like living on an island as far as your car is concerned.

Base Vehicle- Black 2012 3.7L V6 Premium, Pony Package
PONY Member

Are they available yet?
post #68 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigalsixer View Post
Same thing if you live somewhere extremely humid and by the ocean, a good part of California. In the northern parts the redwood forests are literally considered rainforests and its one of the foggiest/dampest areas in the world. Toss in a salty ocean breeze and its like living on an island as far as your car is concerned.
Ya but it sounds like a frickin awesome place to live!

I gave up on the shorties and bit the bullet on the Borla SS LTs ordered and shipped today. Install next week and then the battle to keep them hush hush without restricting them. Going to start with current mufflers and a pair of Vibrant resonators after the X....to be continued
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post

I gave up on the shorties and bit the bullet on the Borla SS LTs ordered and shipped today. Install next week and then the battle to keep them hush hush without restricting them. Going to start with current mufflers and a pair of Vibrant resonators after the X....to be continued
Nice I'm sure those Borlas are a quality piece. I'd be interested in your take on them since not many people have the headers. I've seen them for as low as 700 shipped. Great price for name brand quality and stainless steel !1

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post

I really wish I would've went with the Borla now that I just noticed they're on sale.... I just ordered BBK's a couple of days ago. Dang.

Black 2011 V6 - Totaled
Candy red 2012 V6 - Sold
Candy red 2013 V6 PP - SCT tuner with Jon Lund tuning, BBK TB, FRPP Sport Axlebacks, Airaid CAI. SOLDDDDDD
2003 Redfire Terminator - Too many mods to list, SOLDDDDDDD
2012 Yellow Blaze 5.0 - M6, Lund tune, GT500s, O/R H pipe, and some other cool stuff
PONY Member

Is MAC selling these yet?
Banned

I think the Borlas don't sell well because they need the proprietary Borla X-, which comes only in a no-cats version.

Think about it: Off-road compared to off-road, the stainless Borla combination is only $135 more than the mild steel BBK that's chromed on the outside (the BBK headers, not their bare steel X-).
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber2012 View Post
I think the Borlas don't sell well because they need the proprietary Borla X-, which comes only in a no-cats version.

Think about it: Off-road compared to off-road, the stainless Borla combination is only $135 more than the mild steel BBK that's chromed on the outside (the BBK headers, not their bare steel X-).
I paid $320 something for my BBK ceramic shorties and $220 something for my BBK catless x pipe (from headers back). So around $550/shipped for both. Thats a lot of savings, plus I got 2 performance mods (that matter) for less then the stainless BBK LT by themselves.
No doubt stainless is nicer and last longer. Just a lot of coin to come up with up front.
Banned

I thought of it as in me not planning on selling the car anytime soon. That's why I went stainless. Also, I remember shelling out almost $800 on my niche vehicle I owned a couple of years ago for just Mid Length headers alone. I ended up with about $1300 in the whole mild steel setup. The headers were ceramic and the piping was aluminum coated.

It wasn't long before you saw tiny specs of rust coming through the ceramic coating on the headers. The rest of the exhaust was worse. This also happened on ceramic coated headers on a '69 Camaro I restored years ago. It's just very disappointing to me. That and I don't want to replace them again if I can prevent it. I'd just wait longer until I had the money for stainless if I was dead set on headers.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
I thought of it as in me not planning on selling the car anytime soon. That's why I went stainless. Also, I remember shelling out almost $800 on my niche vehicle I owned a couple of years ago for just Mid Length headers alone. I ended up with about $1300 in the whole mild steel setup. The headers were ceramic and the piping was aluminum coated.

It wasn't long before you saw tiny specs of rust coming through the ceramic coating on the headers. The rest of the exhaust was worse. This also happened on ceramic coated headers on a '69 Camaro I restored years ago. It's just very disappointing to me. That and I don't want to replace them again if I can prevent it. I'd just wait longer until I had the money for stainless if I was dead set on headers.
Intense, how does your care feel with the 4.30 gears in it? I'm debating a gear swap... coming from 3.31's I think the only thing that would make a big enough difference is going to 4.10's. With the auto I don't think it will be to bad. How do your 4.30 gears feel? is it to much shifting? is 1st gear useless?

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page