Ford Mustang Forum banner

MAC headers coming soon

10K views 80 replies 31 participants last post by  2011 GT 4 ME 
#1 ·
I just called MAC and spoke to Manny for more info This is the deal with their headers.

-Product pictures will be up by Friday
-Product to market within a month
-MSRP:
LTs = $469 ceramic/$349 chrome
STs - $379 ceramic/$319 chrome

The 3/4 chrome coated BBKs are going back, hopefully MAC does a much better job? I will likely go ceramic coated with them, I am wrapping them anyway so I do not care what they look like but want them to last and not rust out eventually.

#3 ·
Because the wrap insulates much better than ceramic coating so I am told? I am in S FL and do not need any additional heat in my engine bay! Ceramic because it will insulate even that much more and also protect against rust.

#4 ·
Does that water trapping also account for wrap methods using heavy amounts of silicon paint to further insulate?

#5 ·
I have the BBK ceramics and like them. Good fit, well made. Im sure any headers will work wonders on this engine though. Good luck !

#6 ·
Well, it's moot if you're going turbo later but the wrap will accelerate rust on even ceramic coated headers. I'd imagine moreso in the humidity down there. The ceramic coating has always had what starts as tiny little specs of rust after being on a while. They might last long enough for you though. Just a heads up to those thinking they're safe wrapping coated headers long term.

#7 ·
Well made....:what:

Got any pics?

#15 ·
Well made....:what:

Got any pics?
If you are referring to my comments, no pictures. But the headers are on and they fit great. I looked them over carefully before install and although not perfect, they are as good a it gets for the price IMO.

#9 ·
3....2......1 lol (j/k)

#10 ·
I just called MAC and spoke to Manny for more info This is the deal with their headers.

-Product pictures will be up by Friday
-Product to market within a month
-MSRP:
LTs = $469 ceramic/$349 chrome
STs - $379 ceramic/$319 chrome

The 3/4 chrome coated BBKs are going back, hopefully MAC does a much better job? I will likely go ceramic coated with them, I am wrapping them anyway so I do not care what they look like but want them to last and not rust out eventually.

you getting long tubes or shorties? have you cought the nitrous bug and ditched the turbo idea.

#14 ·
Land if you plan to ceramic coat them yourself then buy them bare (see if they cut you a discount) as they will need to be stripped prior to being coated. Or if you meant you were going to purchase the ceramic coated ones done by MAC then I also agree do not wrap them as it is not needed.

#16 ·
Is it Friday yet?

#18 ·
That's cool I'm eager to see how they look. Eventually get some track times for both the MAC and the BBK shorties. I doubt they will look much better than the BBK's but we shall see. Mine don't look to bad and they perform nicely on the butt dyno so I'm happy with em for the price I paid.

#20 ·
Mac is always hit and miss on fitment. Would not want to be the guinea pig. Had an entire exhaust system from them that looked like it was welded together in a jig that someone ran over with a fork lift.

#21 ·
For the price point I am not expecting top quality but hopefully fully coated unlike thee partially coated BBKs I got. The guy Manny at MAC seemed cool, knowledgeable and committed to a good product. **** happens, hopefully they have improved QC since you got your set?

#22 ·
I wonder why MAC put out a SS exhaust for the V6 at $449 but is not offering SS headers?

#23 ·
I wish someone would come to the table with stainless, I'd love to be able to bolt them on and not worry about them rusting out down the road, especially with salty winters.

#24 ·
Is it Friday yet?

Oh wait, it is! Anyone have the pictures yet?

#26 ·
I just talked to Manny. He is doing everything he can to have them posted under the V6 section of their site today. He said worst case if things do not work out it may be Monday.

#28 ·
I thought I had posted above that the pictures will be posted Friday and they will be on the market within a month?

#30 ·
I refer you back to post #13. That is your answer.

Post #13 above asks about a mid-pipe. What is it that #13 answers??

For most of the summer, MAC has had

21405 Ceramac (sic) Short Tube Headers
31405 Chrome Short Tube Headers

They also list a Pro Chamber mid pipe for Short or stock headers, PC2126.

#31 ·

For most of the summer, MAC has had

21405 Ceramac (sic) Short Tube Headers
31405 Chrome Short Tube Headers

They also list a Pro Chamber mid pipe for Short or stock headers, PC2126.

Yes BUT those are (STILL) listed as:

**MAC Parts Coming Soon**
TF2105 Ceramac Long Tube Headers
TF3105 Chrome Long Tube Headers
21405 Ceramac Short Tube Headers
31405 Chrome Short Tube Header
PC2126 Pro Chamber to MAC Short Tubes or Stock
21205 Pro Chamber to MAC Long Tube Headers
rage-smiley.gif

#32 ·
And it's probably smart money to bet they still will be a week from now, 2012v6Pony.

#34 ·
Well I guess it wasn't updated today.....let's see tomorrow.

#35 ·
I'm not surprised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.