MAC headers coming soon - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

MAC headers coming soon

I just called MAC and spoke to Manny for more info This is the deal with their headers.

-Product pictures will be up by Friday
-Product to market within a month
-MSRP:
LTs = $469 ceramic/$349 chrome
STs - $379 ceramic/$319 chrome

The 3/4 chrome coated BBKs are going back, hopefully MAC does a much better job? I will likely go ceramic coated with them, I am wrapping them anyway so I do not care what they look like but want them to last and not rust out eventually.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

If you're getting ceramic coated then why wrap them?

Lots of times the wrap just traps water and causes them to rust out.

post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
If you're getting ceramic coated then why wrap them?

Lots of times the wrap just traps water and causes them to rust out.
Because the wrap insulates much better than ceramic coating so I am told? I am in S FL and do not need any additional heat in my engine bay! Ceramic because it will insulate even that much more and also protect against rust.

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013
FiK
PONY Member

Garage
Does that water trapping also account for wrap methods using heavy amounts of silicon paint to further insulate?

2011 3.7L Performance Pack (3.31 gear); BMR Springs (1.0, 1.25), Adj Panhard, UCAM, UCA, CABs, LCAs; Tokico DSP-12s; GT500 Strut Mounts; DSS AL Driveshaft; JLT Oil Catch; TSW Interlagos 20x8.5 & Falken 255/35R20 x 4; Audio Sys; Amsoil Sig Series 5W-30/EAO17; Pypes 3" Catback;
On the shelf: H&R SS (1.7/2.4); MM 11+ CC Plates;

RICE
is anyone driving any vehicle with Race-Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I have the BBK ceramics and like them. Good fit, well made. Im sure any headers will work wonders on this engine though. Good luck !

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013
Banned

Well, it's moot if you're going turbo later but the wrap will accelerate rust on even ceramic coated headers. I'd imagine moreso in the humidity down there. The ceramic coating has always had what starts as tiny little specs of rust after being on a while. They might last long enough for you though. Just a heads up to those thinking they're safe wrapping coated headers long term.
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Well made....

Got any pics?

2011 V6 Mustang PP - UJ
MT/ 3.31
_____
Procharger P-1SC, Pypes 2.5 dual M-80's Cat-back/ 4" Resonated tips, Airaid Synthamax filter, SCT/Procharger Tune
_____
Boss Front Fascia, Saleen grill, GT500 Lower Rear Diffuser, leather interior
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013
Apprentice

How long before there is a Mac Merged Header thread?

2013 V6 Base Coupe - Performance and Tech Packages - Ingot Silver

Bama Tuned with Airaid CAI - GT front brake upgrade - More to come.
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPinTX View Post
How long before there is a Mac Merged Header thread?
3....2......1 lol (j/k)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post
I just called MAC and spoke to Manny for more info This is the deal with their headers.

-Product pictures will be up by Friday
-Product to market within a month
-MSRP:
LTs = $469 ceramic/$349 chrome
STs - $379 ceramic/$319 chrome

The 3/4 chrome coated BBKs are going back, hopefully MAC does a much better job? I will likely go ceramic coated with them, I am wrapping them anyway so I do not care what they look like but want them to last and not rust out eventually.

you getting long tubes or shorties? have you cought the nitrous bug and ditched the turbo idea.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

glad theres another option for us out there. did they specify what midpipe(s) will be offered?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

PONY Member

Don't hold your breath on these. Mac promised them a month out more than six months ago. They have had pages for them since the end of last year using the 4.0 v6 specs. Call me skeptical.
BOSS Member

Any word on whether they'll be releasing a catted or O/R X pipe to go with them?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Land if you plan to ceramic coat them yourself then buy them bare (see if they cut you a discount) as they will need to be stripped prior to being coated. Or if you meant you were going to purchase the ceramic coated ones done by MAC then I also agree do not wrap them as it is not needed.

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANEKiTA View Post
Well made....

Got any pics?
If you are referring to my comments, no pictures. But the headers are on and they fit great. I looked them over carefully before install and although not perfect, they are as good a it gets for the price IMO.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page