2013 V6 rear end rattle - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN3.7 View Post
My '12 PP has that annoying rear axle rattle - been like that for a year now

So I just need to change the Sway Bar end links?

TIA

Scott
Hi Scott,

Did your dealer get a chace to look at it? Please make an appointment with them at your earliest convenience then PM me your VIN, kilometres, full name, best daytime phone number, and dealer's name. I'll see which options we have to work with.

Bianca

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.565.FORD
t: @FordServiceCA @FordMustang @FordCanada
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/FordCanada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Got my Mustang back from the dealer yesterday. The rattle is fixed, everything else is also fixed. Dealer did a great job and I am very pleased. There is nothing like getting behind the wheel of a mustang after you have not done it for a while.

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanqso View Post
Got my Mustang back from the dealer yesterday. The rattle is fixed, everything else is also fixed. Dealer did a great job and I am very pleased. There is nothing like getting behind the wheel of a mustang after you have not done it for a while.
Thank you for the update, mmanqso!

Deysha

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanqso View Post
Making progress. The dealer pinpointed the rear noise to the metal shelf the speakers are mounted in. The shelf is rubbing against the c pillar wall. One of the welds holding it in place is broken. The dealer is going to re-weld it on Monday. Hope this takes care of it.

Thanks for the update. I have a similar noise and it does not occur on every bump just sometimes. I will have this area looked at.

First 3.7L Mustang in the 12's
All Things 3.7L Mustang; V6MustangPerformance.com
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Kona_Blue View Post
Thanks for the update. I have a similar noise and it does not occur on every bump just sometimes. I will have this area looked at.
Hi SC_Kona_Blue,

Let me escalate this for you as well. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce106 View Post
My rear end clunk is complete gone now. I replaced a rear sway bar and end links with hellwig unit, replaced all of nuts and bolts on lcas and shocks. Also replaced an adjustable panhard bar back to stock. It has been almost 2weeks since and stil no clunk.
It's November now are you still not hearing clunking or rattles.

2011 V6, Race Red, Performance Package, Eibach Sportline Springs, Airaid CAI, Roush Axlebacks, 20x8.5/20x10 Stance VIP Evolution Wheels, Nitto Invo 255x35/20,295x35/20.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hey Guys,

If you’re experiencing this noise, be sure to bring your vehicles in to your dealer and have them checked out. Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you for the update, mmanqso.

Deysha
I still have the slight clunking in the rear end, but hesitant to take it to the dealer because they keep saying they can't find anything wrong and they "lube" the muffler hanger..and charge me $50 diagnostic fee. It's happened twice while I've had it in for other service work.

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
Rookie

I'm also having the exact same issues since I picked the car up in July of 2012 with only 199.7km. I've had both front control arms replaced which did help reduce the front noise but now I have been to my dealer on numerous occasions for the rear end noise which has also been happening since I picked her up. I eventually duplicated it with my dealer who said they can hear it and are not sure of the cause (which in turn I have told them its the sway bar links, ball joints and maybe even a shock) I have worked for numerous car dealerships(Jaguar, Land Rover, Mitsubishi and Volvo) and currently working at BMW I know very well what to expect from a dealer. They did try tightening down all of the rear and that only made it worse. I do get the rear quarter window glass cracking noise as well. Most frustrating thing is the ford service advisor that was making sure the dealer was looking after me ending up quitting and now I get the run around. *No suspension mods* Only MPT 93 Tune & BBK intake which were installed at 12,000 km. I have the feeling I will have to purchase a set of Coilovers /caster camber plates, Pan Hard Bar, Lower control arm w/ relo brackets, and anti sway bar kit. just not willing to spend the money yet to just fix a problem.

I also purchased the Ford Extended Service Plan.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueby View Post
I still have the slight clunking in the rear end, but hesitant to take it to the dealer because they keep saying they can't find anything wrong and they "lube" the muffler hanger..and charge me $50 diagnostic fee. It's happened twice while I've had it in for other service work.
Let me get this escalated for you, Clueby. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13'BlackStang View Post
I'm also having the exact same issues since I picked the car up in July of 2012 with only 199.7km. I've had both front control arms replaced which did help reduce the front noise but now I have been to my dealer on numerous occasions for the rear end noise which has also been happening since I picked her up....
Welcome to the forum, 13’BlackStang. Please be sure to PM FordServiceCA with your info for further assistance.

Deysha
Rookie

Thanks Deysha! I have sent him a PM! Ill let you know how i make out!
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13'BlackStang View Post
Thanks Deysha! I have sent him a PM! Ill let you know how i make out!
I see she already replied to you. This will be taken care of before you know it.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page