Switching form Bama tunes to ??? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

So I thought I was one of just a couple people with MPT, who knew it was so popular after all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPinTX View Post
I see a lot of people complaining of their BAMA tunes not getting the car to shift right, so it seems there are a lot of folks running slush boxes and I suspect that might increase the difficulty of getting the tune just right since you not only have a complex TIVCT engine to manage, but also a 6 speed, adaptive shift transmission that has to play nice with the engine. As I drive the manual and I am seriously considering a tune, I am curious about others' experiences with different tunes on manual equipped cars specifically.
Its not so much the 11/12 auto trans as it is the 13/14 auto trans that are trickier to tune.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Its not so much the 11/12 auto trans as it is the 13/14 auto trans that are trickier to tune.
Is that because the newer ones are SelectShift?

2013 V6 Base Coupe - Performance and Tech Packages - Ingot Silver

Bama Tuned with Airaid CAI - GT front brake upgrade - More to come.

post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Is that because the newer ones are SelectShift?
They have SelectShift. But there are just some extra things going on in the software for the 13's and 14's. Bama tunes doesn't seem to be able to quite get rid of it.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1naylor View Post
They have SelectShift. But there are just some extra things going on in the software for the 13's and 14's. Bama tunes doesn't seem to be able to quite get rid of it.
I was reading more about this on another thread I found. I think having a manual makes it a little easier to tune...I hope.

2013 V6 Base Coupe - Performance and Tech Packages - Ingot Silver

Bama Tuned with Airaid CAI - GT front brake upgrade - More to come.
post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
I was reading more about this on another thread I found. I think having a manual makes it a little easier to tune...I hope.
No worries with a stick.
PONY Member

For just $75 give MPT a try. You won't be sorry....

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Wrong thread sorry

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Try steeda

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Try steeda

123?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1naylor View Post
123?

15 words are needed so I just put 123 because it was really close sorry.

post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ahhh hell sorry man that's funny. I've Bern drinking already

Apprentice

Garage
I too am having issues with Bama getting it dialed in well. I have had many revisions and have submitted a datalog, but it still seems like a stock tune. Not a noticeable difference honestly...

2013 Sterling Gray Metallic 3.7L V6 Premium, Pony/Comfort/Security Package, Airaid CAI, Bama V2 91P tune, GT 80mm Throttle Body, Dynomax Catbacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Eibach rear & GT front Sway Bars, SR Performance LCA's, BMR Panhard Bar, Koni Str.t shocks, Michelin Pilot SS
Banned

I've had issues where I would load a tune and it wouldn't take. I swapped it into another slot on my tuner and it worked. This happened with 2 tunes, not sure exactly what the cause was.
PONY Member

Just got my MPT tune 93.

Everything so far is sport on. 373 gears match my speedo.
Feels like it has more in it then Bama Tunes.

The idle feels smoother, gets to high rpm a lot faster as I'm shifting quite a bit quicker. I actually was testing it out and ran into a subie, turbo'd but not intercooled, he riced me as I was cruising so I caught up to him and ate him a live. More responsive and less clunky.

My bama tune has been great for 2.5 years, but I just wanted to try something new.

Our cars are adaptive and for the most part I cruise along. So I'll test it out until Saturday and then revert back to my 93 Hybrid tune from Bama and compare again as I have never unplugged my battery or took out the fuse to clear the adaptive learning.

Car feels great with the MPT tune, I'm not sure what they do but they did a great job and were spot on. Bama's tunes are great as well, just wanted to see if I can get more so I bit the bullet for 75$

Next on the list is throttle body from BBK

Cobb Access Port
MAPerformance Tune, CAI, and Intercooler
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs
Everything else is for show.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page