Switching form Bama tunes to ??? - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtu245 View Post
Physix, do you have any videos of your exhaust setup? Curious of what it sounds like with Magnaflow Quad-Tips and the Shorties.

Thanks!
I do not however I'm sure I can make one this weekend. It's LOUD and burbles quiet a bit when you rev it once it's warmed up.

Airaid CAI, BBK Shorty Headers, Magnaflow Competition Quad Tip Axle Back, 93R Bama Tuning, 3.31 Gears, PP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

My MPT tunes are open tunes. I can change wheel-tire size and gear ratio's myself. Once your standard mods (headers, c.a.i. ect.) are finished, you won't have to have your tunes changed anyway. Just saying.........

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Apprentice

I'm really interested in buying my first tune for this car. The ghost came tune from MPT seems pretty neat, but I don't know if I would run that all the time. I don't know if this is possible, but does a tune exist that adds more popping and crackling in the exhaust overrun?

Airaid CAI, Roush axle-backs, Roush high flow upper grill, Raxiom Smoked Projector HIDs

PONY Member

I went to MIR for a track rental on Friday, so had a chance to compare the tunes that I have from D&L (Doug), Bama, and MPT. I ordered the MPT after reading great reviews and wanted to compare them.

I have to say that the MPT didn't impress me. In the best air of the day, with a DA of -1,000, it was consistent. But it was also the slowest with the car running 14.1 every time. It had the advantage of the longest cool down too. I couldn't do a burnout with it after the first pass (the initial pass I was able to do a burnout to heat the drag radials; it was a cold day with frost on the car when we headed to the track), the transmission acted like it was on the stock tune and limited to 2,000 rpm with the brake on. I pulled the #47 fuse to defeat the adaptive transmission learning with no change.

Loaded the tune that Doug sent me last year when he was using my car to figure out how to get around the torque management system that limits the car to 2,000 rpm. With just the time it took to load the new tune and heading right back out to the burnout box the car had no problem with a burnout, taching up to stage was no problem, and the car ran 0.3 quicker. Every run 13.8 - with a hot lap and with a cool down of 45 minutes.

I then switched to Bama race tune that they updated for me. That also had no problems with a burnout and ran quicker than the MPT tune by 0.2. Every pass was 13.9.

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
PONY Member

Two datalogged tunes vs a standard MPT tune doesn't seem like a fair fight.
post #66 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3_3.7 View Post
Two datalogged tunes vs a standard MPT tune doesn't seem like a fair fight.
I have about 10 datalogged tunes from Bama... and my out of the box MPT is SO much better.
PONY Member

Neither the Bama nor the Doug tune were data logged either. Bama simply updated the tune because I was running the first tune they wrote and I asked them to give me any update that they have done in the last year.

I spoke with MPT today though and we are going to do some data logs. They were just as surprised at the results on Friday as I am and want to take a look to see what was different in the way my car ran on it. So this weekend I'll get the data logs to them so they can start the review and adjustment. I plan on going to the track one last time this year on November 9 so maybe I'll have a chance to give it another test.

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm pretty damn surprised as well. I did a datalog of my MPT tune this past friday. I sent the results to both bama and MPT and told them both to see if they could improve upon it. Bama accepted and sent a revised tune. It feels absolutely no different than before. I still have absolutely NO power below 3k RPM's. MPT has not responded yet, but bama just doesn't seem to get the picture... I gave them not only the datalog, but the MPT tune itself. It seems that its as simple to me as merging the MPT settings with the bama tune and bumping everything up a bit. Unfortunately, bama is tuning WAY too conservatively and it's starting to really get under my skin. I'd rather them go too far the first time and dialing back than have to datalog 50 times and bump everything up in small increments.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Neither the Bama nor the Doug tune were data logged either. Bama simply updated the tune because I was running the first tune they wrote and I asked them to give me any update that they have done in the last year.

I spoke with MPT today though and we are going to do some data logs. They were just as surprised at the results on Friday as I am and want to take a look to see what was different in the way my car ran on it. So this weekend I'll get the data logs to them so they can start the review and adjustment. I plan on going to the track one last time this year on November 9 so maybe I'll have a chance to give it another test.
I guess I misunderstood where you said Doug gave you a tune modified to adjust torque management and a new Bama tune that was updated.
MACH I Member

Does Steeda ship to Canada? When I attempt to estimate shipping on the steeda.com website I can only select USA or Puerto Rico.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
GT Member
S197 Member

I don't have experience with Steeda tunes but I do with Bama and Brenspeed. First I had Brenspeed loved it then tried Bama for the hell of it and about two hours of having the Bama tunes I put my Brenspeed ones back on lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page