2012 V6 Pony Dies Intermittently - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

What's your voltage? A computer running in emergency mode might run rich, and fail to leave a code?

When I was young I bought a minivan for $500... found out a LOT about cars!

Once a neg. battery cable got loose on me and the car died for no reason, then restarted fine, only to die again. Might be worth it to check physical connections of underhood components, ESPECIALLY where the alarm work was done.

Good luck!!!!:yelpleased:

SEARCHING FOR A NEW MUSTANG!!!!!!

Last Mustang - 2012 Kona Blue/Stone Top-Interior V6/AT convertible. Panavise Phone Mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane 2012 Pony View Post
I have a 2012 3.7 Pony. Yesterday the engine died out of the blue on the freeway. Upon trying to re-start, the starter would run for a few seconds and stop. The same thing happened today on a surface street at about 30 mph. The dealer can't find any codes and could not reproduce the situation. Does anyone have any ideas about this problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane 2012 Pony View Post
I had thought about the possibility of bad gas. after sitting for a few minutes, it would start again. Now, it will start, run rough for about 20-45 seconds and die. there is an odd exhaust smell... possibly non-combusted fuel. I will get some seafoam tomorrow and try it. It looks to me like it has to either be fuel or computer related.
I have not modified anything, other than some striping and decklid panel... nothing that makes the car do anything but look different.
Also, intermittently, the service advancetrac message and lights would come on, about once a month for the past 4-5 months. Other than that, the car has run excellent.
Hello Shane 2012 Pony,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Please, make another appointment with your dealer as soon as possible. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2012 , 3.7 v6 , pony , power loss

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page