What's your best and worst mods? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740weapon View Post
If it sounds nasty, it's probably because it was hitting the fender in a weird way and rattling.
My nasty sound was not a mechanical sound. It was the groan from the engine. I like noise out the rear of the car...not from the engine compartment...

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
My best mod was the Roush hood scoop. No bad mods, but do not understand anyone saying that covering the quarter windows makes a blind spot. They offer no view at all.
I use the 1/4 windows all the time in parking lots reversing out. Saved me a few times already.

2013 Mustang V6 Premium Pony Package, Sterling Gray
FRPP Sport Axle Backs - Stack Racing Front Strut Brace - Airaid CAI - JLT Oil Separator
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
My nasty sound was not a mechanical sound. It was the groan from the engine. I like noise out the rear of the car...not from the engine compartment...
You mean the growl before you push the throttle hard enough to cause a downshift for the automatics?
To me, and it seems many others, that's not noise...
Tune adjustments can go a long way if done as well.

Oxford White 2015 Premium GT with 50-Year Pkg | 3.55 Gears | Roush CAI (105mm Velocity tube) | Stainless Works Headers (Jet-Hot ceramic coated), high flow cats, H-Pipe CatBack full 3" with 4" tips| BAMA V2 93 Octane Tune | Baer EradiSpeed-Plus 2-Piece Rotors | JLT 3.0 Oil Separators | FRPP M-20201-M STB | Silver PP Wheels 19x9, 19x9.5 | NITTO G2 255-40-19, 275-40-19 Tires | J&M Jacking Rails & Subframe Alignment Kit | Steeda Subframe Connectors & Bushing Supports | BMR Front Subframe Brace | Cervinis 1232 Functional Ram Air hood | Ford Performance door sills | White Madness Garage Chrome Shifter | Diode Dynamics interior LED conversion stage 1 & XP80 reverse light | 3M Dark Ceramic Tint (25% sides/20% rear) | Lloyds "50 Years" floor and trunk mats...

Performance White 2012 Premium Pony Package | Torsen T2R 4:1 TBR | FRPP 3.73 Gears | GT500 Differential Cover | DSS 3.8" Carbon Fiber DS | Airaid CAI | BAMA 93R tune | Baer DecelaRotors (drilled/slotted) | BMR Adjustable Panhard & Brace | JLT Oil Separator | Boss 302 STB | Nexen N3000 255-45-ZR18Y tires | PP Engine Cover | 25% Tint

All cars should be rated for Smiles Per Gallon!

BOSS Member
S197 Member

Mods ? They are all good. Everything I do makes me like my V6 even more.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
PONY Member

Best: Aftermarket door speakers, 40% tint all around including windshield, Steeda shift bracket, and LED map/license plate lights
Worst: Roush axle backs because they pop too much and are raspy at 3k RPM, but it still sounds mean
PONY Member

Best. Gears and tune.
worst. None.

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
11Red3.7

Best: VLEDs for the interior, JLT CAI and Tune for go and awesome sounds.
Worst: None so far.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
then you never had a supercharger

a man's most expensive hobby started with a 97 cent hotwheels

1999 saleen s281sc vert 11k miles #261/421 built 1/170 vert 1/10 exact combo
2000 Roush v6 sport 78k miles
Apprentice

The Roush axle-backs are hands down my favorite mod so far. I love the volume and sounds, not to mention the overall feel they give the car. Next would have to be 30% window tint...I hate people being able to see me on the road.

Airaid CAI, Roush axle-backs, Roush high flow upper grill, Raxiom Smoked Projector HIDs
GT Member

The roush axle backs are great until you do other exhaust mods... and then they become too much lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
PONY Member

Best = gears
Worst = side marker tint (starting to flake)
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoTheKing View Post
Best: Aftermarket door speakers, 40% tint all around including windshield, Steeda shift bracket, and LED map/license plate lights
Worst: Roush axle backs because they pop too much and are raspy at 3k RPM, but it still sounds mean
Did you have the base model radio? If so, what speakers worked well? Did you do it yourself? I'm not a audio fanatic but the base model set up is "functional" at best.

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
PONY Member

Best: Borla ATAK exhaust system.

Worst: I love them all, but if I had to choose one thing that bothers me, I would say the after market striping. Although I love the stripes, I have a few scratches on the rear deck stripes from our cat jumping on the car. They are not tearing off by any means, and have held up very well over the last 2.5 years, but the scratches in them bug me a little. Therefore, I'll pick the stripes as the worst, although I certainly do not regret having them put on. They really define the car.

Received!: 2016 GT Premium, 5.0, 6 speed manual, Competition Orange, Ebony Leather Interior, 401A, GT Performance Pack, Enhanced Security Pack, Reverse Sensing System, Nav.

Build date: 12/22/2015 - Date received: 1/16/2016

Sold March 2015: 2012 Mustang GT Premium.
Apprentice

Best: Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks: some people don't like the crackling and popping from a 3k decel, but I love it!!

Worst: Steeda Rear Upper Control Arm Mount: this basically did nothing

2011 Mustang V6 MCA PP Manual
Rookie

Best Mod ever: Kenne Bell Supercharger
Worst Mod ever: Techco Supercharger

Cammed, Slammed, Stroked and Blown.
694rwhp/677rwtq
[email protected]
JDM 302E Stroker w/Stage 3 Heads & Cams, Kenne Bell S/C, FRPP T/B, ARH Long Tubes w/X pipe and 3" Magnaflows
4:10's and Tru-Track, 6 point Roll Bar, Electric W/P, 1000ID Inj, Walbro Fuel pumps, Alum. D/S,
Various billet blings and shiny stuff throughout.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page