What's your best and worst mods? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Garage
Best: CDC Classic chin spoiler, Saleen/PJ Heritage rear wing, Nitto NT555s, fog and taillight tint. Worst: Stick-on taillight tint (only done to see if I liked tinted taiilights).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbo View Post
I use the 1/4 windows all the time in parking lots reversing out. Saved me a few times already.
Well, more power to you. I use the mirrors and rear camera only. I now have a worse mod, but it is no big deal. I put the vinyl cover on my quarte windows. It looks good on the driver side, but the passenger side was a bit too long in the rear. Makes it less than perfect, and trying to trim it made it worse. Since it will soon be covered by louvers, it won't matter, but I will still try to find a way to trim it.

GT Member

Best: Headlight relay harness. The halogens suck ass, but the relays help them suck less.

Worst: Dynomax cat back. I put a lot of company miles, sometimes 6 or 7 hour drives, and the exhaust note sucks for long haul. I want to listen to the radio at a lower volume. But it was still cool, especially around town.

2016 GT Premium black out 6 speed.

Banned

Best: Airaid CAI.

Worse: Smoked tail light covers. Mine fell off in the rain and I ended up having to buy some tint instead! I knew it wouldn't fall off that time. I replaced the stock tape (because it was in the path of the light and made it look ghetto) with some other Velcro stuff, but I guess it didn't hold well. Lesson learned!
Apprentice

Interesting topic. I like the idea.

My best mods were by far the 4.10's and MGW shifter. Then for sound my Focal setup is the best.

Worst mod(s): Magnaflow mufflers (Replaced with Flows), Bullit pedal covers, 03 cobra spoiler, Any of my collection of bolt-ons, Kicker subs and door speakers.

Petunia - 05 Mustang 4.0 - Waiting for little brother to come of age

Matilda - 01 Cobra 4V 4.6 - SOLD

Bernadine - 09 Mustang 3V 4.6 - Daily Driver
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Best: homemade side pipes. The public LOVES them! I get compliments everywhere I go, and almost every single day since I installed them a year or two ago. It's especially nice to get kudos from Rat Rodders and bikers.

Worst: homemade side pipes. I get flamed on the forums. Apparently the digital world hates different ideas that are actually different.
Rookie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post
Best: homemade side pipes. The public LOVES them! I get compliments everywhere I go, and almost every single day since I installed them a year or two ago. It's especially nice to get kudos from Rat Rodders and bikers.

Worst: homemade side pipes. I get flamed on the forums. Apparently the digital world hates different ideas that are actually different.
Pics? .

Cammed, Slammed, Stroked and Blown.
694rwhp/677rwtq
[email protected]
JDM 302E Stroker w/Stage 3 Heads & Cams, Kenne Bell S/C, FRPP T/B, ARH Long Tubes w/X pipe and 3" Magnaflows
4:10's and Tru-Track, 6 point Roll Bar, Electric W/P, 1000ID Inj, Walbro Fuel pumps, Alum. D/S,
Various billet blings and shiny stuff throughout.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbo View Post
I use the 1/4 windows all the time in parking lots reversing out. Saved me a few times already.
I agree with you. I use mine all the time.

2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium w/pony package, Magnaflow Street axle-backs, LED license plate light, LED interior lights, Strip LED trunk lights, MMD Hood struts, SCT X4 Tuner with Steeda tunes for life, Boss 302 strut tower brace, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman302 View Post
Pics? .
Hey Fabman, this afternoon two AC repair guys a block up the road hopped in their truck and actually stopped by my house to ask me about it. They saw me driving past a few minutes earlier. Said it sounded great! I done a little something right, I reckon.
Rookie

Quote:
Hey Fabman, this afternoon two AC repair guys a block up the road hopped in their truck and actually stopped by my house to ask me about it. They saw me driving past a few minutes earlier. Said it sounded great! I done a little something right, I reckon.
GLAD TO HEAR IT!

Cammed, Slammed, Stroked and Blown.
694rwhp/677rwtq
[email protected]
JDM 302E Stroker w/Stage 3 Heads & Cams, Kenne Bell S/C, FRPP T/B, ARH Long Tubes w/X pipe and 3" Magnaflows
4:10's and Tru-Track, 6 point Roll Bar, Electric W/P, 1000ID Inj, Walbro Fuel pumps, Alum. D/S,
Various billet blings and shiny stuff throughout.

PONY Member

Quote:

I think side pipes are badass. People hate on what is not easy to obtain
Apprentice

Best: Roush upper and AM lower front grilles. Also love my FRPP Sport axle back exhaust, Race Red painted mirror covers, window tint and JL Audio speakers.

Worst: None

'15 Mustang
'11 BMW 328i (wife's car)
'02 Corvette Z06
'02 Corvette Convertible
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:

Is it similar to the boss side exhaust as in connected to the h pipe.
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Update: I am the person who complained about the nasty sound out of my CAI. I just reinstalled my Airaid Cold Air Intake several days ago. This time, it is a completely different story. The sound is so thrilling instead!!!

I don't know what went wrong the first time I installed it.

===
2014 Mustang V6 3.7L 6-spd manual, with MGW shifter, Airaid CAI, BBK shorty headers, Corsa Sport axle back, strut tower brace, JLT oil separator, GT500 differential cover, BG Synchro Shift II gear oil, Redline differential oil.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Good deal. I'm glad you gave it another shot. Wondering though... just how is it sounding different this time?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page