What's your best and worst mods? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member

for a pure best bang for buck mod my fav was removing the lower rocker panel stripes.......

other good ones in order of best to least (no dislikes): Motor mounts, Redline MTL, the MGW shifter (with white Sickspeed cueball), used CAI & axle backs, 4 Focal speakers, two rolls of friction tape to cover the 2011/12 base model steering wheel. I'm looking fwd to cold weather and trying my new to me OEM wheels (19" premium 5 spokes) so I don't have run my summer only tires in late fall/early spring (it's a stored in winter toy).

I wish I skipped the spoiler/stripe package and bought a GT500 spoiler instead.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
for a pure best bang for buck mod my fav was removing the lower rocker panel stripes.......

other good ones in order of best to least (no dislikes): Motor mounts, Redline MTL, the MGW shifter (with white Sickspeed cueball), used CAI & axle backs, 4 Focal speakers, two rolls of friction tape to cover the 2011/12 base model steering wheel. I'm looking fwd to cold weather and trying my new to me OEM wheels (19" premium 5 spokes) so I don't have run my summer only tires in late fall/early spring (it's a stored in winter toy).

I wish I skipped the spoiler/stripe package and bought a GT500 spoiler instead.
What motor mounts did you use? I was thinking they should be my first mod, but I never see anyone posting about them and would think they would be the easiest more-power-to-the-ground-mod without changing ECU programming.

Best mod so far: WeatherTech floor "buckets". Love them, kind of like the monster mats in my previous VWs.

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

What do aftermarket motor mounts do?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
What do aftermarket motor mounts do?
Lowers the center of gravity assuming they are the adjustable's that allow you to lower the engine.

Oxford White 2015 Premium GT with 50-Year Pkg | 3.55 Gears | Roush CAI (105mm Velocity tube) | Stainless Works Headers (Jet-Hot ceramic coated), high flow cats, H-Pipe CatBack full 3" with 4" tips| BAMA V2 93 Octane Tune | Baer EradiSpeed-Plus 2-Piece Rotors | JLT 3.0 Oil Separators | FRPP M-20201-M STB | Silver PP Wheels 19x9, 19x9.5 | NITTO G2 255-40-19, 275-40-19 Tires | J&M Jacking Rails & Subframe Alignment Kit | Steeda Subframe Connectors & Bushing Supports | BMR Front Subframe Brace | Cervinis 1232 Functional Ram Air hood | Ford Performance door sills | White Madness Garage Chrome Shifter | Diode Dynamics interior LED conversion stage 1 & XP80 reverse light | 3M Dark Ceramic Tint (25% sides/20% rear) | Lloyds "50 Years" floor and trunk mats...

Performance White 2012 Premium Pony Package | Torsen T2R 4:1 TBR | FRPP 3.73 Gears | GT500 Differential Cover | DSS 3.8" Carbon Fiber DS | Airaid CAI | BAMA 93R tune | Baer DecelaRotors (drilled/slotted) | BMR Adjustable Panhard & Brace | JLT Oil Separator | Boss 302 STB | Nexen N3000 255-45-ZR18Y tires | PP Engine Cover | 25% Tint

All cars should be rated for Smiles Per Gallon!
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I used JHR but I did not lower the engine (you have a choice with them). I put them in as a preventive for shifting and gate blocking from engine torque/twisting. I was pleasantly surprised how they improved the shifting (in my car) but they do increase the NVH a good bit. The V6 flywheel decel vibe is now like going over mild rumble strips. As I said, this is one of my fav mods but if you like your car to be like a Camary this ain't for you. Mine is a nice day toy and I kinda like the mechanical feel.

SHELBY GT 350 Member

They were a pain to install but you can see them, if needed I'll give install hints. I ain't a pro but can turn a wrench it took me 5-6 hrs (I think) I'm sure if you take the hints and are good 3-4 hrs or less.

Rookie

My Best is the Kenne Bell with the Big Tube Intake kit. I love the instant power!! New off-set wheels are awesome with the lowering springs. MGW shifter is so awesome. Front grill delete kit wakes up the front end well. The new rotor and pad kit I just installed is the only thing I am not sure about at this point. Still working out small amounts of trapped air in the break system.
Apprentice

Quote:
Worst: Roush axle backs because they pop too much and are raspy at 3k RPM, but it still sounds mean
You can't be serious... i love the sound they make.... skep.gif
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye010 View Post
Is it similar to the boss side exhaust as in connected to the h pipe.
The factory X pipe is removed and a custom H pipe welded in its place, joined immediately to a pair of 5" dia. cylindrical mufflers approximately 18" in length, that dump out almost 90 degrees into custom made exhaust booms that exit just behind the doors, in front of the rear wheels. No other piping down-stream, so it's not like the Boss. Not like the Cervini Eleanor kit either, that moves back toward the rear axle then does a 180 forward before dumping out the sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoTheKing View Post
I think side pipes are badass. People hate on what is not easy to obtain
Or what is not the same kind of "different" as everyone else, especially when visually displayed online. To this date I get compliments every single day I take her on the road. But...I'm not gonna whine about the online community, though it might sound like I already am. I'm just pointing out the difference I see between the virtual world and the real one I drive around in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman302 View Post
Pics? .
I'll PM a few to you, if I have not already. Pretty sure you've seen them though.

And...they're not the best sounding there is, but a LOT of people do tell me they sound good. I get some funny looks sometimes because apparently I've bridged the gap between the V6 and V8 sound. I've drawn a line that confuses people. No, it doesn't sound like a V8, but then it doesn't sound like a V6 either. V7? Yep. If there were such a creature this would be it.

That covers my best and worst visual mod.

My best performance mod by far is the MPT tune I put in a little more than a week ago!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page