New motor parts.. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

New motor parts..

I haven't seen anyone around here talking about it... but Supersixmotorsports has all kinds of stuff out for our motors.. cams, heads, even a 4.0L stroker kit. Does no one know about it, or am I missing something and the parts aren't worth looking at?

Super Six Motorsports - V6 products that make your life faster

There's the link, most of their stuff is advertised right on the front page lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong6 View Post
I haven't seen anyone around here talking about it... but Supersixmotorsports has all kinds of stuff out for our motors.. cams, heads, even a 4.0L stroker kit. Does no one know about it, or am I missing something and the parts aren't worth looking at?

Super Six Motorsports - V6 products that make your life faster

There's the link, most of their stuff is advertised right on the front page lol
Yeah, it's been talked about. AFAIK no one has pursued this. I definitely wouldn't do it with an auto and a stall as much trouble as I've had just getting the auto trans tuning done. We just started all over. WOT will be easy but it's the torque converter shudder workaround with a stall that seems to be giving my tuner and had given LandtoSea's tuner some trouble too. Now a stick car, that would be easier.

I'd be curious as to the tuning aspect of those reground cams like the timing of them and adjusting that if needed. That would likely take some dyno tuning time to see what works best and I wonder what tuner would be willing to do that as opposed to the quick money of tuning stock top end 3.7's.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013
Apprentice

Most people know about them, but prices are high for the performance you gain. A lot of that stuff will show good gains with boost, but idk how much you can gain while staying na.

FRPP 3.55 - DSS driveshaft - LMR SVE Drift 19x9.5 - Falken FK452 275/40/19 - Eibach Sportlines - Airaid Intake - Bama Tune

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013
Banned

Seeing the cost, complexity, and unreliability of the FI apps besides box stock Procharger at least...I think NA would be the ticket.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Anyways when you start taking about motor work, machining and what have you budget becomes and issue.

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Im sure if the 3.7 stays in production long enough, there will be a variety of speed parts coming on the market. Not like the old days though when the motors were big. And power gains came easy.

There's also an old saying, and it certainly applies here. "The only subsitute for cubic inches , is cubic money" Enough said.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
I definitely wouldn't do it with an auto and a stall as much trouble as I've had just getting the auto trans tuning done. We just started all over. WOT will be easy but it's the torque converter shudder workaround with a stall that seems to be giving my tuner and had given LandtoSea's tuner some trouble too. Now a stick car, that would be easier.

I'd be curious as to the tuning aspect of those reground cams like the timing of them and adjusting that if needed. That would likely take some dyno tuning time to see what works best and I wonder what tuner would be willing to do that as opposed to the quick money of tuning stock top end 3.7's.
Not sure what tuner you guys have but my DiabloSport InTune lets me adjust my transmission settings myself. Line pressure and shift points(both MPH for low shift point and WOT max RPM) per gear...
Main reason I bought it was to be able to make adjustments.

Oxford White 2015 Premium GT with 50-Year Pkg | 3.55 Gears | Roush CAI (105mm Velocity tube) | Stainless Works Headers (Jet-Hot ceramic coated), high flow cats, H-Pipe CatBack full 3" with 4" tips| BAMA V2 93 Octane Tune | Baer EradiSpeed-Plus 2-Piece Rotors | JLT 3.0 Oil Separators | FRPP M-20201-M STB | Silver PP Wheels 19x9, 19x9.5 | NITTO G2 255-40-19, 275-40-19 Tires | J&M Jacking Rails & Subframe Alignment Kit | Steeda Subframe Connectors & Bushing Supports | BMR Front Subframe Brace | Cervinis 1232 Functional Ram Air hood | Ford Performance door sills | White Madness Garage Chrome Shifter | Diode Dynamics interior LED conversion stage 1 & XP80 reverse light | 3M Dark Ceramic Tint (25% sides/20% rear) | Lloyds "50 Years" floor and trunk mats...

Performance White 2012 Premium Pony Package | Torsen T2R 4:1 TBR | FRPP 3.73 Gears | GT500 Differential Cover | DSS 3.8" Carbon Fiber DS | Airaid CAI | BAMA 93R tune | Baer DecelaRotors (drilled/slotted) | BMR Adjustable Panhard & Brace | JLT Oil Separator | Boss 302 STB | Nexen N3000 255-45-ZR18Y tires | PP Engine Cover | 25% Tint

All cars should be rated for Smiles Per Gallon!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have the Super Six ported heads. I haven't done a good after dyno yet but here are my before and after 1/4 mile runs corrected for DA so that they can be compared. The after was on an initial tune by Lund before any data logging/tweaking was done. This was also done before I got the ported upper and lower intakes from Tom @ Super Six. I had traction issues before I had the heads installed and of course it got worse afterwards. I just got SVE drag wheels and M/T ET Street Radial tires but haven't made it to a track yet. I planned on going tonight to a local 1/8 mile but it got rained out. I'll probably be going to Orlando Saturday night.
2.168 - 13.618 @ 103.00 - before heads and intakes
2.176 - 13.387 @ 105.31 - after heads / before intakes
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Oh and since then while doing data logging with Lund for the tune he had to add 8% more fuel to the tune to compensate for the ported heads and intakes. For comparison Lund added 3% more fuel for Z's tune after his ported intakes.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

With these ported heads....what do they flow? What all was done?

Have you played with cam timing to take advantage of the more air up top?

I look at your mph and I really don't see a huge improvement no offense.

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

All the information is here: http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/_...inderHeads.pdf A few things were done differently to my heads but nothing substantial.

The cam timing has not been altered yet as that will take a long time on a dyno to test properly and keep adjusting.

It wasn't a huge improvement on that run, about 15 RWHP based on the times. Initial tune with no tweaking yet, a front wide band O2 sensor had gone out, the ported intakes weren't on yet to let the heads breathe yet and worse traction. The cams compliment the heads well but they were not ready at the time either.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012v6Pony View Post
Not sure what tuner you guys have but my DiabloSport InTune lets me adjust my transmission settings myself. Line pressure and shift points(both MPH for low shift point and WOT max RPM) per gear...
Main reason I bought it was to be able to make adjustments.
Same here when I bought mine in March 2012 for use on my Charger. Brian at Diablo and I worked together when they supported the Mustang starting in June '12. They did some learning, revising on my car. Also, you should be able to get firmer shifts in select shift mode too, he did for me but when I got a Ford update done in Jan this year, it went away even after him making another tune. Really at the time I didn't appreciate the fact he tuned Select Shift too...I thought it was tunable...

I don't like the 2-4k and 4-7k very broad, no resolution wot a/f adjustment. Now if a tuner would tweak this after a datalog and get you smoothed out and then...offer the range of adjustment I mentioned...that might be ok.

If you have a stall, you gotta have torque converter lockup adjustments. I don't recall my intune I sold last month having that optional adjustment.

As to Diablo tuners...Bama is hit or miss it seems. I think Ryan has forgotten about me again. I've sent 3 emails WITH the idle and step rev datalogs he wanted.

JPC...I've read they're hard to get a hold of. Beyond that...taking it to a non 2011+ experienced shop somewhere...I wouldn't do it.
PONY Member

Unclenad, your build reminds me of a buddy's 5.0 build back in 1992, stock car, we added ported aluminum TFS heads, a small cam, Hooker racing headers, full exhaust, tuned the best we could and the car ran 12.80'[email protected] 106 mph, he had a GT40 intake but the lower was getting ported. One night we installed the GT-40 intake and 65mm throttle body, he went for a test drive and came back screaming "it feels like it has NOS" sure enough next time at the track the car went 12.10 @ 113mph!!! I m betting your intake is bottle necking the airflow to your heads big time, get those pups ported and installed!

13 V6 Coupe Base MT6
Home built 62mm Turbo Kit

"Old Bo and Luke didn't need no GPS or big old fancy computer cause the one thing those old Duke boys were good at was finding Cooter!"
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrdogg View Post
Unclenad, your build reminds me of a buddy's 5.0 build back in 1992, stock car, we added ported aluminum TFS heads, a small cam, Hooker racing headers, full exhaust, tuned the best we could and the car ran 12.80'[email protected] 106 mph, he had a GT40 intake but the lower was getting ported. One night we installed the GT-40 intake and 65mm throttle body, he went for a test drive and came back screaming "it feels like it has NOS" sure enough next time at the track the car went 12.10 @ 113mph!!! I m betting your intake is bottle necking the airflow to your heads big time, get those pups ported and installed!
It's my understanding Supersixmotorsports ported those also.
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
It's my understanding Supersixmotorsports ported those also.

Dan, you are correct they did port his intakes, but according to Mark's post they weren't on the car.

2.168 - 13.618 @ 103.00 - before heads and intakes
2.176 - 13.387 @ 105.31 - after heads / before intakes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page