Look what's on my desk, 3.7 ARP STUD sex! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Look what's on my desk, 3.7 ARP STUD sex!

Got in my ARP studs, figured out what all the fuss was about, pm me if you want a deal.

What else is on my desk? I see one of Land To Sea's NOS distribution blocks,a broken EZ UP tent part, an aluminum muffler end piece (WHAT?), hmm guess that's all the camera picked up..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010011.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	664.7 KB
ID:	264593  

13 V6 Coupe Base MT6
Home built 62mm Turbo Kit

"Old Bo and Luke didn't need no GPS or big old fancy computer cause the one thing those old Duke boys were good at was finding Cooter!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

Is someone being more careful with what is in the pictures? haha

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I have no idea what you are talking about?

13 V6 Coupe Base MT6

"Old Bo and Luke didn't need no GPS or big old fancy computer cause the one thing those old Duke boys were good at was finding Cooter!"
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013
Banned

How is the build going Kerr?. I hope it goes smoothly for you.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Waiting on parts...

13 V6 Coupe Base MT6

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrdogg View Post
Waiting on parts...
seems like this is the downfall of all 3.7 built motors. I hope you have more success then others. Good luck buddy.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, I'd love to build my motor before I blow it up, but I want someone to lay it all out and there to be a blueprint to follow. I dont want uncertainty and lots of $$$ flushed down the drain.

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Problem is there are so few being built no one wants to jump on board, you can have pistons in 20 days, rods, well only Manley stepped up to the plate and only thru MMR and they have to buy ten sets at a time, they are being cautious and pre-selling most of the order before it is place so you get the wait time.

I am just stuck waiting for my local guys, they are holding me up from designing my intake...

13 V6 Coupe Base MT6

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Good luck with that intake we can't wait to see what it looks like, flows like and costs like

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013
Banned

Keep an eye out that the shank doesn't bottom out on the deck surface before getting full thread engagement. I've had to chamfer the bolt holes in a deck before. Maybe the stock block bolt holes already are but just a heads up on something to look out for. A bolt is supposed to stretch at the shank, not the thread is why you do this.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Have you spoken to anyone that has a living built motor??? I hate to see you like everyone else and kill it 500 miles later. Has anyone gotten one of these to stay together?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

It seems these 3.7 are Govt. issued Top Secret, I think I have been the most forthcoming with what happened to my engine, why I think it happened and what can hopefully be done about it while talking in common guy talk. That being said I am also doing some secret pretty cool stuff, if it works I'll tell you about it, Land (Chris) got to see one of the items last night and wanted them bad, I forgot to have him frisked before he left last night so hopefully they are still in the shop .

My engine builder is one of the best in the Mod / Coyote world, he states that this engine reminds him of a Coyote JR. we have talked to Dan Millen at Livernois, Manley, Ferrara, ARP and MMR about what they are using and what advice they can give. My engine build is pretty straight forward, it's a std bore new block with performance hone to get proper cylinder clearance. The rings will be gapped correctly and are designed for what we are doing as are the forged pistons and rods. We are looking at upgrading the valve spring pressure to compensate for the boost and finally I am working with some people in regards to an intake redesign. I think I am in good hands, as far as other builds going wrong, I know Solo posted that he had a pin shear that caused piston to valve issues, what caused that I don't know for sure, I heard a few things but I don't know the facts. Not sure of anyone elses build so????

13 V6 Coupe Base MT6

PONY Member

You and supersixmotorsports have definitely been the most forthcoming with tech information, and I for one surely appreciate it. MMR and NPG also seem to have a lot of valuable knowledge on these engines, but understandably they do a pretty solid job of keeping details under wraps until they're ready to make a move. I wish there was a mutually beneficial business arrangement that could be found in order to make availability of parts better, but I don't see any way of that happening. Fortunately I think this is a platform with incredible potential, and the kinks will be worth working out.

Base Vehicle- Black 2012 3.7L V6 Premium, Pony Package
Banned

Kerr have you looked into a harder steel for the cam pins? like a tool hardened steel or tungsten carbide?since there was a possible failure there.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

It's on my discuss list for sure. As are oil pump gears.

Back when I had a couple friends running FFW Street Warrior class my friend Steve built a Vertigate shifter for a T5 (it was bad ass) problem was the pins would shear that held the thing together a couple night before a race we ended up with drill bits in the lathe cutting grooves for e clips, hardened drill bits saved the day.

13 V6 Coupe Base MT6

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrdogg View Post
It's on my discuss list for sure. As are oil pump gears.

Back when I had a couple friends running FFW Street Warrior class my friend Steve built a Vertigate shifter for a T5 (it was bad ass) problem was the pins would shear that held the thing together a couple night before a race we ended up with drill bits in the lathe cutting grooves for e clips, hardened drill bits saved the day.

I know the pins are a press fit how hard would it be to just make it threaded that way if there are issues you can remove it and replace like saying for wear issues of if it gets bent and needs a quick change.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page