Need info on TSB 11-11-11 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

Need info on TSB 11-11-11

Has anyone done this by themselves? I have the shifting flare issues along with the delayed reverse engagement. I have aftermarket gears along with MPT tune and I'm not sure how my dealership will be if I brought this up. Does anyone know how it's done, where the solenoids are located and what are the exact part #'s needed? If anyone can help with some info, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Same here. I need to bring my car in to the shop to get this fixed, but I'm afraid as to what they will say with my aftermarket gears/tune, even though my car has always had shift flares/delayed reverse engagement and falls under the build date.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

I'm just over 36k too..so I'm assuming it wont be covered under warranty either?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcollin24 View Post
I'm just over 36k too..so I'm assuming it wont be covered under warranty either?
powertrain warranty is 5 year, 60k

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013
5POINTO

As far as I know it is four or five solenoid's that need to be replaced. You have to drop the pan to get to the parts and the transmission needs to be re-flashed afterwords.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcollin24 View Post
Has anyone done this by themselves? I have the shifting flare issues along with the delayed reverse engagement. I have aftermarket gears along with MPT tune and I'm not sure how my dealership will be if I brought this up. Does anyone know how it's done, where the solenoids are located and what are the exact part #'s needed? If anyone can help with some info, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaseleblanc View Post
Same here. I need to bring my car in to the shop to get this fixed, but I'm afraid as to what they will say with my aftermarket gears/tune, even though my car has always had shift flares/delayed reverse engagement and falls under the build date.
You should speak to your Service Managers first, guys. They will be able to provide you with the best info.

Deysha
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013
Rookie

I just had warranty transmission work on my 2011 auto V6. I believe the dealership performed TSB 11-11-11. My service receipt lists that the following parts were installed.

QTY, P/N, DESCRIPTION
1, AL3Z-7G383-L , SOLENOID - ELE
2, AL3Z-7G383-N, SOLENOID - ELE
10, XT-10-QLVC, OIL - AUTOMATI
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013
GT Member

11-11-11 that is the day I bought my car

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
You should speak to your Service Managers first, guys. They will be able to provide you with the best info.

Deysha
Hi Deyaha,
My car is a 2011 Mustang and I also have the shifting flare issues along with the delayed reverse engagement. The problem is intermittent. My car was built in June 2010, and is qualified under TSB 11-11-11.
My dealership tells me they can't do anything unless they can duplicate the problem. I am not a liar and simply want the problem fixed before my warranty expires.
This car is my daily driver, so I can't leave it at the dealers until they can duplicate the problem.
I would appreciated any help you can give me.
Thanks
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBun View Post
Hi Deyaha,
My car is a 2011 Mustang and I also have the shifting flare issues along with the delayed reverse engagement. The problem is intermittent. My car was built in June 2010, and is qualified under TSB 11-11-11.
My dealership tells me they can't do anything unless they can duplicate the problem. I am not a liar and simply want the problem fixed before my warranty expires.
This car is my daily driver, so I can't leave it at the dealers until they can duplicate the problem.
I would appreciated any help you can give me.
Thanks
I understand, ThunderBun. Make an appointment with them and let me escalate it. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

The dealer is doing this TSB for me no problem. im very pleased with them.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

My car is also in the shop right now for the 11-11-11 tsb work. Should be done by Saturday. I have before videos of the shift flaring that I can post on here and may make a definitive topic on this issue including how the car drives after the work is done with videos.

Banned

I'd love to see the video. Mine seems to have just started... the rpms will shoot up on upshifts which is something I never noticed it doing before.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire003 View Post
I'd love to see the video. Mine seems to have just started... the rpms will shoot up on upshifts which is something I never noticed it doing before.
I can get this escalated for you as well, Livewire003. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page