Eibach Sportline Shocks and Struts - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Eibach Sportline Shocks and Struts

Anyone running them? How do you like them? Anyone have them paired with the SR springs. I came across an opportunity to buy a pair that's been used for about 8k miles for 200 dollars. Good price?

I really have been hating how bouncy the car is on the stock shocks/struts. Seems like a good time to upgrade. I would probably wait until the stockers blow out to install the Eibachs.

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have my SR Sprigs from AM being delivered this Thursday. I'd be very interested in this answer as well. I had my mind set on Koni STR.Ts but I keep looking at other options now. On AM's site, the Koni's seem to have gone up to about the same price as a new set of Eibach's too.

I'm debating, Eibach's, STR.Ts, or FRPPs dampeners. For $200 it's not bad. I think you can get a new set from AutoAnything for $379.99 with the 15% welcome code too. 8k miles is nothing though.

Sorry I can't give much feedback, but atleast you get a bump. Will almost any dampener be ok to use with the SR Springs? Is it the ride height or the spring rates that dictate which dampeners match best?

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013
Site Sponsor

powerwhee,

Those Eibach struts/shocks should work perfectly with your SR Performance springs. They'll certainly reduce the excessive bouncing you're experiencing and firm up the ride a good bit. Plus, it sounds like you found a sweet deal on a used set, assuming they're in good condition.

Make sure those struts are designed to be used with 11+ strut mounts too, if you're keeping the factory mounts. Otherwise, an 05-10 GT500 strut mount is required to fit 05-10 struts properly to 11+ Mustangs. Changing over to the 05-10 GT500 mount isn't a big deal either. I would say it's more common for 11+ owners to do so than actually purchasing struts designed for the 11-14 mounts. It's just an added expensive I wanted to make sure you're aware of!

Let me know if the used Eibach's don't work out. We'll find you a setup that performs within your budget!

Shane

mtu245,

You're gonna love the ride height and handling of the SR springs! They're even better when paired with a set of performance struts/shocks, of course. Even still, IMO the SR springs are one of the smoothest street springs available when used with factory struts/shocks. Most hardcore racing springs have a much bouncier ride if not paired with performance dampeners.

To answer your question - Yes, most aftermarket dampeners will work perfectly with your SR Springs. What really sets struts/shocks apart is longevity, design, and adjust-ability. All three of these categories are very important, but I would say longevity is the biggest concern with a street car. With that in mind, it's wise to stick with name brand dampeners such as Koni, Bilstein, Tokico, KYB, Eibach, etc. All of these guys have been in the suspension business for a long time and have fine tuned their dampeners to perfection.

There's a lot of if, and's, or but's, when it comes to suspension components. It's easy to get things mixed up and confused, especially when working around a budget. So feel free to give me a shout if you guys have more questions! We'll figure out a setup that works best for you!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013
Apprentice

What type of suspension components would be needed to build the ultimate handling /drag racing mustang?? I wanna do a little of both, but If i had to choose one over the other I
i'd choose to have a heavier emphasis on dragracing.
I'm new to the sportscar world so I don't have a clue what to buy suspension wise and need some guidance.. Used to own the fastest nissan titan that was turbo'ed though.. So I guess you could say I'm addicted to modding and speed

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Forgestar CF5's /w Michelin PSS tires, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, Bama 93R Tune, Borla S Catback, DSS Alum driveshaft, BMR springs, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relo brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page