My awesome little V6 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
I love my 6. With over 300hp stock it's still one of the most powerful motors in a Mustang. The original GT350 was only 306hp. And, GTs can't beat the weight distribution for the corners. I put my first money into cornering. When I bought her I couldn't stand the sloppy corners so I put in some big new sway bars. She corners MUCH better now. I'm glad y'all wrote about what your car can do with a few upgrades.

Go sixxers.
Back then, this was a SAE gross figure and not comparable to current hp ratings. The 3.7 probably makes more HP, thought surely less torque.

2013 V6 Base Coupe - Performance and Tech Packages - Ingot Silver

Bama Tuned with Airaid CAI - GT front brake upgrade - More to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yeah, I know they changed. I was just basically quoting Jay Leno here at about 3:20 into the video:

2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 & Boss 302 - YouTube

Any way you slice it, great V6.

PONY Member

From what I've read you take anywhere between 15-25% off the table comparing gross vs the newer testing. So that 70s era motor would probably be rated around 230-240hp today. If you took your 3.7l back in time, they'd probably rate it around 380hp. That would probably make all those big block v8 guys pass out lol.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureSound View Post
How it usually works out for me:

"I briefly explained to her how the motor was making more torque since I added the...."
She doesn't care

"Ill never forget the look on my girls faced as the car pulled through first, and went sideways for about 30 feet , into second "
She yells at me for the next 30 min
All my other half did after the surprised look disappeared from her face was make a practical comment. She said " you don't want to keep that up, those tires are expensive" To which I nonchalantly replied , "yes they are" lol.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I will say it is amazing how engines have improved over the last 15 years....this type of power/reliability and economy is great.

Mud has been smart enough not to do what it's capable of with Mrs Mud within slapping distance.....

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Apprentice

Automatic What's the point of a auto sports car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Automatic What's the point of a auto sports car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The "point" for me is simply that the car is easy to drive, and does what I want it to do, when I want it to. Shifting gears is nice, to a point. When Im in traffic, or just cruising and listening to the stereo, the automatic is great. Its 2013. Model A Fords are antiques.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
The "point" for me is simply that the car is easy to drive, and does what I want it to do, when I want it to. Shifting gears is nice, to a point. When Im in traffic, or just cruising and listening to the stereo, the automatic is great. Its 2013. Model A Fords are antiques.
AND when you feel like bangin gears, you pull out the procharged beast
PONY Member

Dark wheels.

Prop rod on a $54,000 car?

I was real tempted to do the red and white, but figured it would be a cop magnet. My blue and black, is more subtle on purpose.

`13 DIB, MCA, Perf Pac, Comf Pac, Back Up Camera, MT82, AE Driveshaft, Bama Tune: 93R, BBK Shortys. Borla Touring Mufflers, Air Raid CAI, AM Shift Knob, WeatherTec mats, Stripes and Tint. "Winter 18" GT Wheels and Tires, powder coated black" Redline Hood Struts, Steeda LCAs. Paid Cash.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm always "on my game" when I'm in the 500 and using the HP it has but for some reason when I drive the wife's V6 I often underestimate the power of this fine engine and can be surprised when the back shoots sideways when the AT goes into second. Her GTS is a lot of fun ... but I sure wish I could convince her it needs a Procharger!

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page