My awesome little V6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
S197 Member

My awesome little V6

Was out cruising last evening. I came up to a stop sign in a remote area and decided it was time to "try it" so to speak. I pulled the automatic shifter down into manual first, and said to my girl " watch this thing go" I briefly explained to her how the motor was making more torque since I added the headers and throttle body. I brake torqued it to around 1200 and punched it. The revs came up violently fast and the car went sideways till I shifted into second at around 6500. I then went into third, and had to slow down before worrying about excessive speed. Which doesn't really matter to me, but might, if a Police officer just happens to be around.
Ill never forget the look on my girls faced as the car pulled through first, and went sideways for about 30 feet , into second as it tore up the Perelli tires that I put on there off the Gt.The engine was doing nothing short of screaming, as it was negotiated through the gears. She looked surprised, an understatement as she is used to riding in my supercharged GT.
Anyone who criticizes the 3.7 V6 , is misinformed.It is an awesome, motor.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013
Apprentice

I agree. We just got our second 6 a few days ago. While I would like to have gt as well the cost is touch for us. The price for the v6 cars are just to good to turn down. The performance is plenty. The fuel economy is great. It's the car for us for sure.

11 AT 3.7 BBK ceramic LT. ORX w/res. Borla S. BBK TB. Roush CAI. Bama 93R. 2:73 candy red w/black. Saddle int.
14 MT82 3.7 Performance Package GHIG 3.31gear. Stock.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013
Apprentice

Where else are you going to get a car for this price with this performance. Toss another roughly $1500 at it for intake/headers/tune and you're going to surprise the heck out of a lot of cars on the road.

2013 V6 6MT w/ tech pkg | Steeda Intake | MPT Tune | Barton Shifter | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

How it usually works out for me:

"I briefly explained to her how the motor was making more torque since I added the...."
She doesn't care

"Ill never forget the look on my girls faced as the car pulled through first, and went sideways for about 30 feet , into second "
She yells at me for the next 30 min

2012 Black V6 Coupe Auto 2.73
BAMA 93+ Race Tune, Magnaflow Comps, 3370lbs
SVT Drift 18", Nitto NT555
13.7 @100mph
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureSound View Post
How it usually works out for me:

"I briefly explained to her how the motor was making more torque since I added the...."
She doesn't care

"Ill never forget the look on my girls faced as the car pulled through first, and went sideways for about 30 feet , into second "
She yells at me for the next 30 min
^^^^^^ This LOL ^^^^^^

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013
PONY Member

With just a few mods like gears, you're in stock 5.0 territory, well, at least until you get to 100, then the larger displacement just beats you down.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3_3.7 View Post
With just a few mods like gears, you're in stock 5.0 territory, well, at least until you get to 100, then the larger displacement just beats you down.
This is why I just beat up on them in the twisties, never get up to 100 MPH on the Dragon or Cherohala Skyway, but in both places the weight distribution and ample power will surprise quite a few people as all they see are tail lights

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I love my 6. With over 300hp stock it's still one of the most powerful motors in a Mustang. The original GT350 was only 306hp. And, GTs can't beat the weight distribution for the corners. I put my first money into cornering. When I bought her I couldn't stand the sloppy corners so I put in some big new sway bars. She corners MUCH better now. I'm glad y'all wrote about what your car can do with a few upgrades.

Go sixxers.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013
Rookie

Luv my 2014 six too, very impressive!
PONY Member

I barked em hard and loud into third gear, last week with the GT tires. This is about all the car I can handle.

`13 DIB, MCA, Perf Pac, Comf Pac, Back Up Camera, MT82, AE Driveshaft, Bama Tune: 93R, BBK Shortys. Borla Touring Mufflers, Air Raid CAI, AM Shift Knob, WeatherTec mats, Stripes and Tint. "Winter 18" GT Wheels and Tires, powder coated black" Redline Hood Struts, Steeda LCAs. Paid Cash.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Ya'll preaching to choir the little v6 is hot and with few mods smoking hot. 373 tune and cold air equals

Preacherman
GT Member

love my 3.7 great story. I got sideways today, like badly in a car cruise and everyone was impressed by my car. They couldnt belive how fast it was, and how good it sounded.

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
PONY Member

Love my 3.7 ... it's always fun to surprise people with a little V6. I've got the Performance Package MCA, so it's got striping and wheels on it that make some people wonder 'what it is' - I've had people ask me if it was a Boss, GT, etc - and I respond with "no, it's the V6" - then they get that look of "oh, sorry to hear that" on their face - until I explain WHICH V6 it is - and that it makes almost the same horsepower as a 2010 GT.

yeah.. not bad for a little V6
Time for new tires - YouTube

2012 Premium V6 (manual) Mustang Club of America with Performance Package, comfort package, electronics package, backup sensors/camera, lava red leather interior
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3_3.7 View Post
Yeah, it can be close as far as the 1/4 mile goes stock GTs can trap 110. Z28 trapped around 109 all NA (before ported intake manifold, i thought may be higher now) and he has every bolt on under the sun. Hard to make up 100HP NA with a smaller displacement engine. Still though, a few boltons can put the 3.7 in the low 13's, as far as most cars on the road goes, that's quick!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page