condensation issue - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

condensation issue

I get condensation on the outside of my window all the time, and i cant get rid of it no matter how hot or cold i put the fan. The only way i get rid of it is if i turn on the wipers, and i dont really like to do it when its not raining since they streak, and it just comes back again. I figured it would be me just running the fan too cold, but i get it even when my fans not running and sometimes i get it when i start my car and its garaged and i dont run the fan in the morning. i also thought might be my heater core leaking but that would just give me condensation on the inside.
any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130916_172757.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	421.7 KB
ID:	267722  

2013 V6, Candy Red, Auto, Base
FRPP Sport Axle Back, FRPP X-Pipe MMD side Louvers, Roush CAI, Brembo Brakes, H&R SS springs 1.7/2.1" - SOLD

2015 GT black premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013
Apprentice

I have that same issue :/ I found blasting the heater on it till it goes away seems to work best, however it is only temporary . Sorry I hope some one has found a fix for it.

2011 V6 Black Mustang Automatic: Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights, 93H-R3.1 Bama tune, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Ah yes, the classic mustang "bat-symbol". 9 years of engineering and I have the same issue on my 2014 GT as in my 2005 GT. Better off the condensation happens on the outside anyway, easier to clean with wiper blades than getting all up on the glass with microfiber.

. . . Just another thing that makes you wonder "how did FORD not catch this during QC, or fix it in subsequent years". I mean it's a non-issue, but certainly annoying.

2014 GT 6MT Ruby Red | Brembo Pkg | 3.73 Axle | Torsen Diff | Accessory Pkg 5
Order: 02/12/13 | VIN: 02/28/13 | Build: 03/11/13 | ETA: 04/01/13, Revised: 03/27/13 | Delivery: 03/26/13
Vossen CV3Rs 20x9/20x10.5, Michelin PS4S 255/35/20 295/30/20, Borla S-Type ABs, Resonator Delete, JLT CAI, Barton Shifter, Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs, BMR LCAs, BMR LCA Relo Brackets, BMR Panhard Bar, Raxiom Smoked Fogs, Engine Dress-up, Tint

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit View Post
I get condensation on the outside of my window all the time, and i cant get rid of it no matter how hot or cold i put the fan. The only way i get rid of it is if i turn on the wipers, and i dont really like to do it when its not raining since they streak, and it just comes back again. I figured it would be me just running the fan too cold, but i get it even when my fans not running and sometimes i get it when i start my car and its garaged and i dont run the fan in the morning. i also thought might be my heater core leaking but that would just give me condensation on the inside.
any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated.
Hi Amrit,

Were Ford technicians able to diagnose the issue yet? Please send me your Mustang's year and odometer reading; this will help me assess the next step.

Bianca

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.565.FORD
t: @FordServiceCA @FordMustang @FordCanada
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/FordCanada
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
Banned

I think all these cars have this problem lol
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I get condensation on the inside of the windshield when the temperatures drop . But It does away when I put the defrost on. Im sure not going to condemn my Mustangs, for what I feel is such a miniscule problem . Im used to the old days, when carburetor icing, poor defrosters, slow warm up,etc was the norm. When I see what my new Mustangs have to offer in terms of performance and other creature comforts, well I don't sweat it. Just my .02.
For what its worth.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page