Frpp TOURING case material - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

Frpp TOURING case material

The photos on various sellers websites make the FRPP Touring case look much darker than the FRPP Sports; is it the same material? What material is it? The descriptions say the Tubing is SS but doesn't mention the case (for both the Sports and Touring). The reason I'm curious is I'm going to drill a weep hole and want to know if it's SS, aluminized, or just painted. Have pretty much decided on Touring, either Borla or FRPP, because I don't want too much volume. I understand Borla's case is SS but FRPP doesn't specify.

Also, who do I PM at AM to get the forum discount code?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Bob Dobbs View Post
The photos on various sellers websites make the FRPP Touring case look much darker than the FRPP Sports; is it the same material? What material is it? The descriptions say the Tubing is SS but doesn't mention the case (for both the Sports and Touring). The reason I'm curious is I'm going to drill a weep hole and want to know if it's SS, aluminized, or just painted. Have pretty much decided on Touring, either Borla or FRPP, because I don't want too much volume. I understand Borla's case is SS but FRPP doesn't specify.

Also, who do I PM at AM to get the forum discount code?

Thanks.
Just an FYI: Borla makes FRPP, but Borla has the better warranty. I think they're both very similar in price. I would probably go with the Borlas for the warranty. Go to Borla's website and you can find more information there. Their video is also very good. Hope that helps.

2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB | Airaid CAI | SR Performance STB | JLT Oil Separator
MPT Tuned | SCT X4 | MMD Classic Louvers | Roush Upper & Lower Grilles
BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires | Windows Tinted @35
Flux Capacitor v3.2.1 | Mr. Fusion Generator v4.2 | DB Hover Conversion
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

It's my understanding via reading tons of threads, that Borla's are "straight through" while FRPP are chambered, with FRPP being a little quieter and deeper. Quieter and deeper is what I'd prefer, but would probably go with Borla if the case material is better.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013
PONY Member

I have the Borla Touring axle-back and am really happy with the system, both in regards to sound and fit/finish.

You can PM AMDanBailer here, and he can shoot you the forum discount code.

'14 V6 Prem. 6 speed Perf. Pkg. Oxford White/Saddle
Mods in profile
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The Borla Touring are the same muffler as the FRPP Touring from my understanding, and the Borla is Stainless Steel.
Here are mine with BBK Short Tube headers and the FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe
Borla 002 - YouTube

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013
GT Member

I have the FRPP Tourings, I was told by a FRPP guy they are made by Borla but different design than the Borla Tourings....either way they are great quality, quiet/deep at low rpm's, nice growl over 3000 rpm's, only disadvantage is FRPP only 1 year warranty.

Now: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback-Magnetic Metallic, Ford Racing Touring axle-backs, Ford Racing front strut and k-brace, K&N CAI, sound tube delete, 1975 Corvette Coupe-L48, 4-speed

Past Lives: 2001 Corvette Z51 Coupe, 2012 Mustang Grabber Blue Coupe, 2008 Mustang Torch Red Vert, 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, 1985 Nissan 300ZX, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 1972 Fiat 124 Vert, 1971 Chevelle, 1970 Challenger
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013
PONY Member

I am so happy to see that folks are using much deeper quiet exhaust like touring. I love that setup. Not yet there. So far I have shorty headers not installed. But it would be with OEM exhaust setup.

If the shorty will be too silent I will add FRPP Touring. Straight through Borla is not to my taste.

Thank you for uploading a bunch of videos of that setup!
Sounds great!

2012 v6 Tri Yellow Performance Package.
Upgrade to interior only so far.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

After over a year of internal debate, I ordered the FRPP Touring today from AM, and will post my opinion after they're installed. Thanks all.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013 Thread Starter
Banned

And for the answer to the original post, the case is 409 stainless. They were ordered From AM Thursday and delivered Friday.
PONY Member

Borla axlebacks sound good. I would have gone with them if i had known they were made only 120 miles from where i live

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Rookie

If you do plan on adding weep holes make sure to use a carbon tipped bit.

If you used hardened steel you could end up leaving steel deposits which can cause a location for rust to form.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page