advice for first quarter mile run in '12 v6 tonight - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned

Can you post a slip? That would make it easier to understand what exactly happened. My first trip running Bama 93R, 3.55 gear and a CAI netted 14.0 @ 102 on my best runs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned

That MPH is way too high for a 14.0...

Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Did you run it at street fights? I meant to go all summer but never got around to it

Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
That MPH is way too high for a 14.0...
Not if you are spinning the tires!
PONY Member

A 14.2 sounds about right for a 2.73'd car..... The only thing that sounds odd is that he is having wheel spin in an auto... I used to launch mine at 2400 rpms for the best launch on stock energy savers. Little to no spin every time (with 3.73's).
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Guys I did not mean to type 14.2, I meant to type 15.2. I feel like everyone's car even with the same mods is so much faster than mine.

Yes it was street fights

And my back tires are only like 40% tread left

2012 v6 mustang base grabber blue auto
Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
whoa whoa whoa...

15.2? You need to post your timeslips ASAP. Also, please report the track you ran at, the time, and date so we can check your DA. 15.2 @ what mph?

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Post your time slips.

I am sure you are killing the run within the first 60'.

Seat time and more seat time so that you get to learn the car, the tires, the track, best way to launch.

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
Banned

Something is wrong. The old V6's with more than 100 LESS horsepower run faster than that...
Site Sponsor

I agree more seat time will net you more improvements, just like it does with anything else. I would try my advice listed above the next time you hit the track. Try to leave on idle (hair higher), but with a light foot brake to take away any drivetrain slack. Then roll into the throttle while you leave. This has worked best for us, especially with street tires!

Don't get discouraged, you just need some practice!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'll post my time slip in the morning when I go out to my car. But if it helps for now, it was at thunder valley in Bristol, tn. It was probably like 70 degrees at the time. I don't understand why mine is this slow.

Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears
post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

here is the only slip i had left out of three runs. as i said my best was a 15.2 with a power launch and this was the one with the idle launch. sorry its crumbled up, i was furious that it was going this slow. i did have a person in the car but she was only a 100 pounds so i dont think that would account for a second or two. i always thought the rule of thumb was a hundred pounds is worth a tenth of a second. its really disheartening that ive put a bunch of money into the car and its this slow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpg
Views:	93
Size:	554.2 KB
ID:	268978  

Banned

Yeah, something IS wrong. It doesn't matter how crappy of a driver someone is, if they push the pedal to the floor they're going to run more than 91MPH in the 1320...
Apprentice

I also ran lousy time. The tune wasn't the best, some breaking up at every gear. Those gears will kill us everytime. I was 15 flat every run. I will go with 3.73 and get a real dyno tune soon.

11 AT 3.7 BBK ceramic LT. ORX w/res. Borla S. BBK TB. Roush CAI. Bama 93R. 2:73 candy red w/black. Saddle int.
14 MT82 3.7 Performance Package GHIG 3.31gear. Stock.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

There is something wrong in your tune. There's no way with your mods you should be trapping 91 mph in the 1/4. No way unless your tune is terrible or something is wrong with the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page