advice for first quarter mile run in '12 v6 tonight - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
tnclutch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: East
Posts: 55
 
How would I be able to tell if there's something wrong with the tune?


2012 v6 mustang base grabber blue auto
Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears
tnclutch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
MACH I Member
 
PW_Pony's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 2,819
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
Yeah, something IS wrong. It doesn't matter how crappy of a driver someone is, if they push the pedal to the floor they're going to run more than 91MPH in the 1320...
This. Completely stock on 2.73s I'm seeing 14.2-14.3 @ 99 in a 2500 DA.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App


| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PW_Pony is offline  
post #33 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
tnclutch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: East
Posts: 55
 
I mean like how would I check the tune?

2012 v6 mustang base grabber blue auto
Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears
tnclutch is offline  
 
PONY Member
 
1slowstangguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 298
 
You need to" datalog" and send it to Bama! My only guess is that you are running the wrong octane on the tune and the car is pulling timing like crazy!!! The other option is something is mechanically wrong. There is no way your car should be running that time(and 60 ft), unless its broken !!

2011 "Cyclone" V6 Premium MT82 6sp "Michelle"
Factory 3.31 Ratio - 35% Tint- Bama 93 Hybrid Tune - FRPP Sport Exhaust - BBK Shorty Ceramic Headers- Air Raid CAI- TSW Nurburgring 19X8.5- Sumitomo HTR Z III 245/45-19
[email protected], Best Trap speed 103.50 before
[email protected], Best Trap speed 103.52 after headers
1slowstangguy is offline  
post #35 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
tnclutch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: East
Posts: 55
 
All this has made me hate my car. I just want to take everything off, return it stock, and get something else. I put all this money into it and can't even get it to run right.

2012 v6 mustang base grabber blue auto
Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears
tnclutch is offline  
Banned
 
Livewire003's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 269
 
Maybe you can have someone else with a modded six in the East Tennessee area take a look/drive?
Livewire003 is offline  
post #37 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
tnclutch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: East
Posts: 55
 
There's like no one around here with newer v6s

2012 v6 mustang base grabber blue auto
Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears
tnclutch is offline  
Banned
 
McCarthy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 182
 
Go take it to a dyno, see what it's making. Get it compression checked, flash it back to stock, etc etc etc.
McCarthy is offline  
PONY Member
 
chadhtx35's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Lewisville
Posts: 637
 
Couple of questions and suggestions.

1. How much wheel hop are you getting? before I put my LCA's on about 2 and a half years ago I had wheel hop bad and traction stank.

2. When I dropped my car I also used a relocation bracket for my LCA's and UPR double adjustable upper control arms with a few other goodies
(That will help out greatly) LCA's to start with as I understand it's all expensive.

3. If the P-zero tires are not cutting it, try some Nitto NT555 I Graduated to those about a year and a half ago and I drive my car like I stole it and still have good tread left. Expensive, but down the road it may help you out.

4. One of the cheaper items to try - Talk to MPT about getting one of their tunes. I switched from Bama and it was night and day difference as my car accelerated faster and got to high rpm's much quicker Only 75$ and might make you smile again about your Mustang. I had a 93 Hybrid tune from Bama, it was working fine, but I wanted more and I heard a lot of people having good experiences with that tune.

5. One of the mods I recently did was the BBK throttle body 73mm. This made a huge difference with the mods I already had and I'm ripping up to high RPM and I actually chirped today in 4th gear, even though a little baby chirp it was impressive

My suggestion is to get the traction take care of, if that's an issue, and then try a different tuner 75$ is worth a shot. BBK throttle body will help with 1800-4000 rpm.

Cobb Access Port
MAPerformance Tune, CAI, and Intercooler
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs
Everything else is for show.

chadhtx35 is offline  
post #40 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
tnclutch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: East
Posts: 55
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhtx35 View Post
Couple of questions and suggestions.

1. How much wheel hop are you getting? before I put my LCA's on about 2 and a half years ago I had wheel hop bad and traction stank.

2. When I dropped my car I also used a relocation bracket for my LCA's and UPR double adjustable upper control arms with a few other goodies
(That will help out greatly) LCA's to start with as I understand it's all expensive.

3. If the P-zero tires are not cutting it, try some Nitto NT555 I Graduated to those about a year and a half ago and I drive my car like I stole it and still have good tread left. Expensive, but down the road it may help you out.

4. One of the cheaper items to try - Talk to MPT about getting one of their tunes. I switched from Bama and it was night and day difference as my car accelerated faster and got to high rpm's much quicker Only 75$ and might make you smile again about your Mustang. I had a 93 Hybrid tune from Bama, it was working fine, but I wanted more and I heard a lot of people having good experiences with that tune.

5. One of the mods I recently did was the BBK throttle body 73mm. This made a huge difference with the mods I already had and I'm ripping up to high RPM and I actually chirped today in 4th gear, even though a little baby chirp it was impressive

My suggestion is to get the traction take care of, if that's an issue, and then try a different tuner 75$ is worth a shot. BBK throttle body will help with 1800-4000 rpm.
Thanks for the ideas man. I'll give it a shot. It's gonna take a lot to get me smiling while driving it again. All I can do right now is stress over if something is wrong with the motor or tune and how and the hell I could get it fixed. Honestly I think if there was a way to get it to a fully stock tune again and then re enter the custom tunes that might do the trick. I don't think the stock tune on the tuner is actually back to stock because when I originally ordered the tuner from American muscle I accidentally gave them the wrong information. It took me forever to get a tune where the car would half way accelerate right under barely any stress.

2012 v6 mustang base grabber blue auto
Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears
tnclutch is offline  
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
jlawrence613's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,319
 
Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
This is thunder valley in Oklahoma correct? That track is notoriously slow. We have a member here who has bolt-ons and nitrous and is only running a 13.2 @ 109 at the same track. there is also another member who owns a supercharged V6 camaro and his wife owns a bolt-on V6 mustang. Neither of those cars have gotten out of the 14's at Thunder Valley. Before you go suicidal and blame the car, try a different track. I bet you will run faster times.


Also, allow Bama to datalog your tunes since the process is free and they do a good job of trying to work with you to get what you're looking for. Otherwise (I personally did) jump ship and explore your tuning options. I'm not quite sure why after all of this time, BAMA still needs to datalog so many customers.

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
jlawrence613 is offline  
post #42 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
tnclutch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: East
Posts: 55
 
It's the thunder valley in Bristol Tennessee. I ordered new tunes to see if I just have a bad tune

2012 v6 mustang base grabber blue auto
Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears
tnclutch is offline  
PONY Member
 
jasinedward's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Tampa
Posts: 800
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnclutch View Post
It's the thunder valley in Bristol Tennessee. I ordered new tunes to see if I just have a bad tune
That's not the easiest way to do it..... email Don over at Bama and tell him what is going on. Have him send you the info on how to datalog. Follow the instructions and send him the logs via email. He will have a new tune for you within a day...
jasinedward is offline  
Site Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern,
Posts: 1,817
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnclutch View Post
Thanks for the ideas man. I'll give it a shot. It's gonna take a lot to get me smiling while driving it again. All I can do right now is stress over if something is wrong with the motor or tune and how and the hell I could get it fixed. Honestly I think if there was a way to get it to a fully stock tune again and then re enter the custom tunes that might do the trick. I don't think the stock tune on the tuner is actually back to stock because when I originally ordered the tuner from American muscle I accidentally gave them the wrong information. It took me forever to get a tune where the car would half way accelerate right under barely any stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnclutch View Post
It's the thunder valley in Bristol Tennessee. I ordered new tunes to see if I just have a bad tune
tnclutch,

The best thing to do is take a datalog of your current tune and send it in to the Bama Team to be looked over. Ordering another set of the same tunes, won't change anything at all. If there are adjustments that can be made for your specific Mustang, only a datalog will show what's needed.

That being said, I really think we need to look at what's happening at the track. There's a lot of factors that come into play that reflect in your finishing ET and MPH.

For instance, you mentioned traction was an issue and you couldn't prevent the tires from spinning off of your launch. If that's the case, then power isn't the problem for the first initial 60', at the very least. With a 2.5 second 60', there's a lot of timing and mph left on the table. Imagine if you were able to hook up on a set of drag radials and cut a 1.8 60'. That's .8 seconds off of your first 60 feet, which usually equals almost double the time cut at the finish line (1.4 seconds or so).

Regardless of the issue, it cant hurt to datalog your tune send it to the Bama Team. Follow the link I listed above on exactly how to do so. Also, you can give a Bama Tuning Specialist a call at the number in my signature if you have any questions!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
AMWill is offline  
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
powerwhee's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: LA
Posts: 2,153
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
tnclutch,

The best thing to do is take a datalog of your current tune and send it in to the Bama Team to be looked over. Ordering another set of the same tunes, won't change anything at all. If there are adjustments that can be made for your specific Mustang, only a datalog will show what's needed.

That being said, I really think we need to look at what's happening at the track. There's a lot of factors that come into play that reflect in your finishing ET and MPH.

For instance, you mentioned traction was an issue and you couldn't prevent the tires from spinning off of your launch. If that's the case, then power isn't the problem for the first initial 60', at the very least. With a 2.5 second 60', there's a lot of timing and mph left on the table. Imagine if you were able to hook up on a set of drag radials and cut a 1.8 60'. That's .8 seconds off of your first 60 feet, which usually equals almost double the time cut at the finish line (1.4 seconds or so).

Regardless of the issue, it cant hurt to datalog your tune send it to the Bama Team. Follow the link I listed above on exactly how to do so. Also, you can give a Bama Tuning Specialist a call at the number in my signature if you have any questions!

Shane
The 60" isn't the disconcerting part. Or the time. It's the 92 mph trap that is very weird


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App


1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
powerwhee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1