advice for first quarter mile run in '12 v6 tonight - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

well everyone, im happy to say that bama got my data log and responded very quickly and now everything is exactly where it should be! It honestly feels like a completely different car and and ive fallen back in love with it. Today i also ordered some 285 rear tires so traction wont be a problem either. Next saturday cant get here quick enough.

Side note to everyone that has an sct tuner, always keep check on the firmware update, pretty sure thats what my problem was.

2012 v6 mustang base grabber blue auto
Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

How is the acceleration from a standstill with traction control off? Still bogs down till 3k?

Wife = 2012 Mustang V6 Premium Grabber Blue BBK CAI, BBK LT w/ HFC, Borla ATAK, MPT Tune, DSS Driveshaft, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BMR LCA's | Best = 13.5 @ 105
Husband = 2010 Camaro V6 Synergy Green Edition IPF Supercharger Best = 12.5 @ 111
Closest finish @ the line = Wife by 0.0028 seconds (4.79 inches)

Also own a 2014 Mustang GT Premium, Brembo Package, 401A, Comfort Package, Shaker Pro System, Pedestal Spoiler
post #63 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
How is the acceleration from a standstill with traction control off? Still bogs down till 3k?
she takes off heavy now, as much as you could want for having 2.73 gears

2012 v6 mustang base grabber blue auto
Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears

Apprentice

I called BAMA up and am getting a datalog done now too. The car just feels like it has no power at launch, see if they can modify the tune some to help get it going faster. This will be easier than when I was tuning my Camaro, I had to record my wideband gauge and RPM's with a GoPro camera and send what my AFR was every 500 RPM's to the tuner to fix the misfires it was having from being too rich.

Wife = 2012 Mustang V6 Premium Grabber Blue BBK CAI, BBK LT w/ HFC, Borla ATAK, MPT Tune, DSS Driveshaft, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BMR LCA's | Best = 13.5 @ 105
Husband = 2010 Camaro V6 Synergy Green Edition IPF Supercharger Best = 12.5 @ 111

Also own a 2014 Mustang GT Premium, Brembo Package, 401A, Comfort Package, Shaker Pro System, Pedestal Spoiler
Banned

I have the same thing, no power at launch... AFAIK it's the stupid damn torque management...
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnclutch View Post
Hey i need to get your contact information i live in manchester tn i have a 2013 mustang v6 with roush axle backs and diablo intune with bama tunes and i think i might go with a friend to thunder valley next saturday i would love for you to give me the info about it my number is 931-409-4389 names josh by the way.
Site Sponsor

Quote:
well everyone, im happy to say that bama got my data log and responded very quickly and now everything is exactly where it should be! It honestly feels like a completely different car and and ive fallen back in love with it. Today i also ordered some 285 rear tires so traction wont be a problem either. Next saturday cant get here quick enough.

Side note to everyone that has an sct tuner, always keep check on the firmware update, pretty sure thats what my problem was.
Excellent! Good to hear the Bama Team was able to make adjustments that suited your needs. Now lets see what the car can do this Saturday!

Remember to try what I mentioned about leaving as close to idle as possible and roll on the throttle. Just make sure you foot brake at the starting line to make up for drivetrain slack and you'll do great!

Keep us updated!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Apprentice

Quote:
Glad you posted something about this, I just did a data log and sent it to BAMA, but from looking at the logs the car is running very lean until 3500 RPM's, then she richens up to around 12:1 AFR.

Too bad I couldn't get the spark reading, I tried twice and it said there was no reading from the device on that PID.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post

Too bad I couldn't get the spark reading, I tried twice and it said there was no reading from the device on that PID.
Strange, I can't get the spark PID to read either.

2011 V6 Convertible Kona Blue I Billet Grille
Ford Racing exhaust I Ford Racing M5300N Springs
Airaid CAI I Bama 91 Hybrid Tune
Koni STR.T Shocks
American Racing Bullit Chrome 18" Wheels
255/45/18 Pilot Sport A/S Plus
Apprentice

Quote:
No update???

2011 V6 Convertible Kona Blue I Billet Grille
Ford Racing exhaust I Ford Racing M5300N Springs
Airaid CAI I Bama 91 Hybrid Tune
Koni STR.T Shocks
American Racing Bullit Chrome 18" Wheels
255/45/18 Pilot Sport A/S Plus
Apprentice

Ok quick question. I'm about to get a tune. When I install it how do I tell if its running lean or not? Do I just data log and send it to American muscle?
PONY Member

Data logging will show you that, and when you buy the tune they can advise you on how to do that. Bama is great, once you get the tunes go ahead and do what they advise in regards to pulling data with the tunner and if it's on target compared to what they normally consider on target then you should be good to go without issues. If corrections are needed Bama will take care of you.

However, If you truly have a major issue it should throw a code/check engine, etc. I've only had one major issue and threw a code only once when my JLT Oil catch came loose and I had a vacuum leak. Luckily I had the original connection laying around so that was a simple fix.

Cobb Access Port
MAPerformance Tune, CAI, and Intercooler
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs
Everything else is for show.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page