Headlight went out - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs down Headlight went out

my cars front left headlight went out the other day i had my electrician check it out and he said i would have to take it do the dealer to get it swapped out becuase it has to do something with the fuses , i called to see what they would do and turns out warrenty covers it ..what my concern is should i take my tune off before i take it ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013
MACH I Member

Wouldn't hurt to swap tunes, better safe than sorry. It's all up to the dealer if they want to investigate warranty breaking items such as added hardware or a tune.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

The tune won't affect the warranty on a headlight.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
The tune won't affect the warranty on a headlight.
Has nothing to do with a headlight , I agree BUT
Take the tune off and drive it at least 50 miles...Most good Dealers plug in the vehicle just to see if there are any codes or updates needed, as a service to the customer....However if the tune is spotted it will no doubt be noted in service records, and may come back to haunt you later........Best regards Plum
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbago View Post
Take the tune off and drive it at least 50 miles...Most good Dealers plug in the vehicle just to see if there are any codes or updates needed, as a service to the customer....However if the tune is spotted it will no doubt be noted in service records, and may come back to haunt you later........Best regards Plum
Yea, as i recall i have heard from people that any changes they notice to the car that didnt come with the car get noted down and recorded. If they dont bring it up now they deff will if you have any engine problems in the future.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbago View Post
Also just out of curiousty.. why drive it 50 miles?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazim17 View Post
Also just out of curiousty.. why drive it 50 miles?
Takes about 50 miles to clear the recently reset flag... Just says the ECU had been reset be it caused from loss of power, flash, or even trouble code reset is debatable that's why emissions wise they will not test if this flag has not reset either.

Oxford White 2015 Premium GT with 50-Year Pkg | 3.55 Gears | Roush CAI (105mm Velocity tube) | Stainless Works Headers (Jet-Hot ceramic coated), high flow cats, H-Pipe CatBack full 3" with 4" tips| BAMA V2 93 Octane Tune | Baer EradiSpeed-Plus 2-Piece Rotors | JLT 3.0 Oil Separators | FRPP M-20201-M STB | Silver PP Wheels 19x9, 19x9.5 | NITTO G2 255-40-19, 275-40-19 Tires | J&M Jacking Rails & Subframe Alignment Kit | Steeda Subframe Connectors & Bushing Supports | BMR Front Subframe Brace | Cervinis 1232 Functional Ram Air hood | Ford Performance door sills | White Madness Garage Chrome Shifter | Diode Dynamics interior LED conversion stage 1 & XP80 reverse light | 3M Dark Ceramic Tint (25% sides/20% rear) | Lloyds "50 Years" floor and trunk mats...

Performance White 2012 Premium Pony Package | Torsen T2R 4:1 TBR | FRPP 3.73 Gears | GT500 Differential Cover | DSS 3.8" Carbon Fiber DS | Airaid CAI | BAMA 93R tune | Baer DecelaRotors (drilled/slotted) | BMR Adjustable Panhard & Brace | JLT Oil Separator | Boss 302 STB | Nexen N3000 255-45-ZR18Y tires | PP Engine Cover | 25% Tint

All cars should be rated for Smiles Per Gallon!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013
Apprentice

For future reference... You could just switch out the fuse yourself. The fuse box is on the passenger side in the leg area to the right. I believe the fuse for the left headlight is #7 and it's 10amps if I remember correctly. If you look at the owners manual, it tells you what fuse goes to what. I just had the same issue with my passenger side and I found out the fuse went out so I just replaced it. Works now!

2011 3.7 Coupe | Ingot Silver | Black Cue Ball Knob | GT500 Spoiler | RTR Rear Valence | Tri-Ax Shifter | 3.73 | BBR Tune | BBK LT Headers | BBK X-Pipe | BBK Throttle | Roush Exhaust | Ford Racing Handling Pack | SVE Lower Arms | Ford Racing Panhard | GT500 Brembo Brakes | JLT Carbon CAI |

2014 5.0 Coupe | Ruby Red | Track Pack | Recaro |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page