Standard Speaker - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Standard Speaker

Thinking about upgrading the speakers on mustang 2013. If you did so,
What did you use. Was it worth it. I have base model. Thanks for Time.

Bless you..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013
PONY Member

Yeah it's worth it, The front's are very easy to do, and the rears take a little bit more effort. Pioneers in the front for me and kickers in the rear. Sound a lot better than stock and not too over the top.

Crutchfield.com is the place to search.

example of the search for Infinity Reference which are very good too.
Infinity Reference X REF-8602cfx 5"x7"/6"x8" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Don't for get to get the Ford metra speaker adapters, I believe they come in pairs when you buy them.

Cobb Access Port
MAPerformance Tune, CAI, and Intercooler
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs
Everything else is for show.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
Rookie

Crutchfield has a good selection of speakers, replacing the front door speakers definately helps. I went with the Focal speakers, a bit more expensive however they do sound very good. And for sure get the Metra adapters, makes the job a bit easier.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Check sonicelectronix & woofersetc as well. Crutchfield is still great though too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

What are the seize of the speakers in the front and the back..
I Will ordre the speakers now and install them later..
Thanks for your help...i really need new speaker..:-)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...cs-inside.html

^^^this is a great thread. Like others I picked Crutchfield and Focals.. Google Crutchfield coupon code. They don't always have the best prices but props to their customer service. It is worth it to me. I suggest doing all four. The fronts are easy the rears take a bit more effore but you should be able to do all 4 in 1/2 day. The head unit will still be Meh, but at least your stereo will no longer sound like a group of drunken frat boys with kazoos. I found the Focals in the clearance bin (the base models) they took a looooong time to break in and develop bass but I'm pleased with them now. Size is 6x8 (5x7) but go to Crutchfield they'll tell you what will fit as depth is also important (esp in front) this is one of the better non-performance upgrades you can do.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I replaced the front speakers in one car with Pioneer TSD6802R's. The highs are more crisp, but to tell you the truth, I like the factory sound better. I ordered 2 pairs of the Pioneers, but I haven't put them in both cars yet, and may not bother. IMO the factory speakers aren't that bad.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
Banned

The factory speakers sucks balls. This is all.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcollin24 View Post
To each their own I guess. After all, its your car. And you can do with it as you see fit.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcollin24 View Post
I'm not sure if the Shaker500 speakers are the same as the base model (minus the 8" door woofers). But they weren't super horrible. I was pretty set on doing a new stereo install though regardless. The mustang just could use a good 10'' or 12'' subwoofer for bass...I didn't like the bass from the 8'' shaker woofers.

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtu245 View Post
I'm not sure if the Shaker500 speakers are the same as the base model (minus the 8" door woofers). But they weren't super horrible. I was pretty set on doing a new stereo install though regardless. The mustang just could use a good 10'' or 12'' subwoofer for bass...I didn't like the bass from the 8'' shaker woofers.
The shaker systems aren't bad, but could easily be upgraded. I was talking about the base model, those 4 speakers cannot play at upper volumes without sounding terrible. I swapped mine out for some rockford fosgate 6x8's, along with a rockford amp that powers my 12" boston acoustic G5. (the same G5 has followed me from car to car to car!)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer67 View Post
Crutchfield has a good selection of speakers, replacing the front door speakers definately helps. I went with the Focal speakers, a bit more expensive however they do sound very good. And for sure get the Metra adapters, makes the job a bit easier.
Focal for me as well. Huge improvement over the craptastic stock speakers.

2011 V6 Convertible Kona Blue I Billet Grille
Ford Racing exhaust I Ford Racing M5300N Springs
Airaid CAI I Bama 91 Hybrid Tune
Koni STR.T Shocks
American Racing Bullit Chrome 18" Wheels
255/45/18 Pilot Sport A/S Plus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page