need recommendations on next mod. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013
37stangv6blue20

Question need recommendations on next mod.

I have been looking to do another performance mod but it really seems other than a procharger not much more I can do. I have bbk shorty headers, competition magnaflow axle backs, t.b., Bama tune, air aid, strut tower brace, 3.55 ford racing gears.

I was debating an off road h pipe lethal performance but my car is loud enough with the muffler delete axle backs and headers.

I have been upgrading the look a little, mmd quarter window louvers, tinted tail and tinted headlights, LED dome lights, short throw shifter, wheels, roof decal.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37stangv6blue20 View Post
I have been looking to do another performance mod but it really seems other than a procharger not much more I can do. I have bbk shorty headers, competition magnaflow axle backs, t.b., Bama tune, air aid, strut tower brace, 3.55 ford racing gears.

I was debating an off road h pipe lethal performance but my car is loud enough with the muffler delete axle backs and headers.

I have been upgrading the look a little, mmd quarter window louvers, tinted tail and tinted headlights, LED dome lights, short throw shifter, wheels, roof decal.

Any advice?
You definitely have majority of the basics already installed on your Sixxer. The only real improvements you could do to make more power would be, Long Tubes, O/R X-Pipe, 3.73 or 4.10 Gears, Throttle body or some sort of power adder! The new V6 handles nitrous pretty well, a 100 shot would be awesome with your current set up.

Keep up the great work with your build and hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013
37stangv6blue20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
You definitely have majority of the basics already installed on your Sixxer. The only real improvements you could do to make more power would be, Long Tubes, O/R X-Pipe, 3.73 or 4.10 Gears, Throttle body or some sort of power adder! The new V6 handles nitrous pretty well, a 100 shot would be awesome with your current set up.

Keep up the great work with your build and hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
In interested in a nitrous set up! I see you work at american muscle where I buy everything. There is no nitrous kit on your site. I would be interested in a kit and a Bama tune to go with it . maybe a hybrid tune so I wouldn't have to change tunes just to play with the nitrous. Any suggestions?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

You have already said it. With your current mods, which are basic, you have about as much performance out of your V6 as you are going to get, with "basic" mods. What mod to do next ? Good question.
So you have to think long and hard as to what to what you realy want. Sure, simple mods will provide small increments in power increases.
I went through this with my GT. But I finally got to the point where I said to myself "I don't want to make 10-15 HP increases that will be noticeable at best, lets just get it done." If you bolt on a
Procharger, it will make more power that all the other mods combined, and then some.
It costs money to play. I think we all know that. But when you take into account that 500.00 here, 1000.00 there will only leave you with returns that insignificant, doesn't it make more sense to spend some money up front, and get some real power increases.
Again, these thoughts are for enthusiasts with the desire, and the funds to get it done. All I can say is if you want maximum performance, in a streetable package and have the means to do so. Get the Procharger, and be done with it.
Not really though. ive found over many years of driving and modifying cars, that no matter what you do to them, they always slow down. In reality, they dont really slow down, but you get used to it, and always crave more. But you have to be realistic, about how far you can, and want to go.
Sorry for the babbling, couldn't resist.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013
Banned

So true. every car feels slow after a while. I have a buddy who bought one of the original 2011 V6 stangs, drove that for a couple months, traded it in on a GT, drove that for 6 months, traded it in on a GT500, and 2 weeks ago it went into the shop to be TT'ed. No matter what you do, you'll always want more power.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

[quote=McCarthy;5161658]So true. every car feels slow after a while. I have a buddy who bought one of the original 2011 V6 stangs, drove that for a couple months, traded it in on a GT, drove that for 6 months, traded it in on a GT500, and 2 weeks ago it went into the shop to be TT'ed. No matter what you do, you'll always want more power.[/quo

It's a disease.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013
37stangv6blue20

I had a 5.0 fox that I did 10k engine work before it got lifted.... :'( but I Dont want a pro charger just yet. If I can help it.... Anyone else do a nitrous setup? How do we do it with our motor and tunes? Thanks.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013
Banned

How do we do it with our motor and tunes?

If you handed me $$$ for one and said I had to install it this weekend, I would

- Nitrous Express 20421-10 or -15 (manual switch, save $) or 20422-10/-15 (wet systems in the Proton line)

- Revert to stock tune

- Start with the "35" N2O/Fuel jet pair (next is 50)

- Dump in some MS109 and try it.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013
PONY Member

I had Magnaflow street axlebacks. Got some Magnaflow competitions. I lost so much 'low end' torque i put my 'streets' back on. Just saying..........

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
PONY Member

Trying to get your jollies by accelerating in a straight line with a n/a V6 gets old pretty fast IMO.

Have you ever thought about turning?

The suspension of the base V6 sucks. Get some good shocks and springs, sticky tires, and try turning from time to time.

2012 V6 Base. 6-speed. 3.31. Roush Wheel Hop Kit. BMR 38mm Front Swaybar. Camber Modded Koni Yellow Struts. Linear Steeda Sport Springs. J&M Camber Plates. J&M Panhard Bar. Airaid Intake. 93R Bama Tune. BBK Ceramic Shorties. Carbon Fiber Trac-Lok w/ Finned Cover. Hawk SR pads. GT Rotors. Spec Al Flywheel & Stage I Clutch, 18x10.5 ET38 Enkei PF01 Wheels. 285 30 R18 RE-71r tires. Boss 302 Radiator.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740weapon View Post
Trying to get your jollies by accelerating in a straight line with a n/a V6 gets old pretty fast IMO.

Have you ever thought about turning?

The suspension of the base V6 sucks. Get some good shocks and springs, sticky tires, and try turning from time to time.
What he says.... i changed my Pony Package V6 suspension for stiffer springs, Koni Yellows and Steeda HD strut mounts, then added BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2 and it's a whole different car. No more floating. Sway Bars are next.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
37stangv6blue20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber2012 View Post
How do we do it with our motor and tunes?

If you handed me $$$ for one and said I had to install it this weekend, I would

- Nitrous Express 20421-10 or -15 (manual switch, save $) or 20422-10/-15 (wet systems in the Proton line)

- Revert to stock tune

- Start with the "35" N2O/Fuel jet pair (next is 50)

- Dump in some MS109 and try it.
I was under the impression because of the variable timing on our car that just putting a nitrous kit on our cars would send the computer and check engine light off? Plus when you search for kits for our year motors they don't make one. At american muscle they make a v6 nitrous kit to the 2010 v6? I know little to nothing about nitrous except that a buddy of mine highly recommended it. So if anyone had a nitrous kit on their stang some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Banned

I left off a fuel adapter fitting like

CFM Performance Fuel Pressure Gauge / Nitrous Fuel Rail Adapter for 2011+ Mustang GT & V6

The Proton series is a universal wet kit suitable for our cars. For smaller shots, splicing in to our current fuel system should eb adequate. Some attention should be paid to spark plugs, too, I concede. Not sure of a p/n there but the platinums should go....
Apprentice

i would get sway bars. Does wonders to your handling!
PONY Member

What about catted bbk xpipe to go with the short headers?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page