I wonder if 1000 hp is possible with the 3.7? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned
4.6L Member

can you believe those guys get "paid" to do what they do? Here race this Veyron...ok

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Lets just say a very large sum of money found its way to me from a very interested party that can see an exploitable market that needs a player to do some testing on this platform. No its not MMR, SuperSix or any other of the know companies currently working on this platform. Ill say their name has an F in the company name. Ive been talking with their engineers for two years now about the 3.7 and they have finally opened up to the aftermarket potential.

They want to see the high level potential so they can look at doing what they do.... And they wanna back my racing after we finish the engine build.

Banned

That sounds awfully intriguing. I hope whomever "F" is sees value in this venture.

PONY Member

For the money they gave me yeah I have a feeling their very serious
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloBusa View Post
Lets just say a very large sum of money found its way to me from a very interested party that can see an exploitable market that needs a player to do some testing on this platform. No its not MMR, SuperSix or any other of the know companies currently working on this platform. Ill say their name has an F in the company name. Ive been talking with their engineers for two years now about the 3.7 and they have finally opened up to the aftermarket potential.

They want to see the high level potential so they can look at doing what they do.... And they wanna back my racing after we finish the engine build.
This is literally the best news I've heard yet for this platform

Congrats! & thanks again for your continuing work on the 3.7 Mustang. I really wish I knew more about what was coming

Base Vehicle- Black 2012 3.7L V6 Premium, Pony Package
PONY Member

Its going to take some time but good things will come from this. For guys wanting to build a 3.7 for high horse power you should wait. Its going to get much cheaper and can be done in actual packages. Work is still crazy for me right now but the car will be going to Vegas when she's back together for a few people to see it and then its going in a trailer for the long haul up north.
Apprentice

This. Is. Awesome. My goal is to be in the 500s and be street legal in California. That's 5 years down the road at least. But it would be nice.

2013 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6
Red Candy Metallic
Airaid CAI, Bama 87S Tune, Magnaflow Street Series Catback Exhaust
Polk Audio D5000.5, Polk Audio db 5x7, Polk Audio db 5.25 component system, Polk Audio 12" db in ported box, MMD Quarter Window Louvers, Powered by Ford emblems, Embossed pony trunk mat
Apprentice

Solo I love you. You have good timing! I have been shopping for a gt but I love my car and want a quick v6 to shut people up.

FRPP 3.55 - DSS driveshaft - LMR SVE Drift 19x9.5 - Falken FK452 275/40/19 - Eibach Sportlines - Airaid Intake - Bama Tune
GT Member

Quote:
Its going to take some time but good things will come from this. For guys wanting to build a 3.7 for high horse power you should wait. Its going to get much cheaper and can be done in actual packages. Work is still crazy for me right now but the car will be going to Vegas when she's back together for a few people to see it and then its going in a trailer for the long haul up north.
Thats my plan... Im not touching my tune or boost levels until the path has been paved haha. Thanks to all those doing so. Until then Ill enjoy my 409+rwhp on a safe tune. Its more then enough to have fun with in the streets for now. Ive past the mark of having my blower over a year. Car sees boost everytime I take it out and loves it.

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:

Congrats on getting the backing. You earned it with all your hard work. Best of luck.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Banned

Quote:
I hope this comes to a conclusion within a reasonable time frame and does not fall apart like prior projects. Reason being a lot of guys reading this will put modification/build plans on hold and the demand for aftermarket parts will decrease and consequently negatively impact R&D for more products for this platform. Just saying I hope it is not a pipe dream that will screw everyone here in the end....
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post
I hope this comes to a conclusion within a reasonable time frame and does not fall apart like prior projects. Reason being a lot of guys reading this will put modification/build plans on hold and the demand for aftermarket parts will decrease and consequently negatively impact R&D for more products for this platform. Just saying I hope it is not a pipe dream that will screw everyone here in the end....
Well said!
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post
This is truly in "Fs" best interest that this gets off the ground and it a viable performance platform. Its becoming a v6 or smaller world and getting onboard will help them build an ultimate better product. The 3.7 is a world motor and will be around for a while. Solo has done all this before on his dime so give the guy some slack and lets see this come through. Solo has always finished these builds within a decent amount of time so just try and be patient.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye010 View Post
This is truly in "Fs" best interest that this gets off the ground and it a viable performance platform. Its becoming a v6 or smaller world and getting onboard will help them build an ultimate better product. The 3.7 is a world motor and will be around for a while. Solo has done all this before on his dime so give the guy some slack and lets see this come through. Solo has always finished these builds within a decent amount of time so just try and be patient.
I don't think he was taking any pot shots at Solo or "F", just reflecting a little of the frustration I think most of us have been experiencing over the past 3 years. Could possibly have been worded a little differently, but it's still valid.

I'd almost be happier if someone came up out of nowhere and stormed onto the scene with a finished product, ready to scream, "Looky here what I did!" It would certainly be a change. But now that this cat's out of the bag, please don't leave us hanging.
BOSS Member
S197 Member

As has been said, almost anything is possible. But at what expense ? There is no free lunch with regards to power increases. Personally, if I were contemplating these kind of power levels, I would be looking into getting a bigger motor.My tuner runs a pro mod car with an engine about twice the size of the 3.7 and it makes approximately 3500 hp. But it is only good for 1/4 mile trips, and isnt always able to do that.And at best of times, it still spends more time disassembled on an engine stand, that it ever spends in the car. The old school saying "there is no substitute for cubic inches, except cubic money", still applies. With piston engines, anyways.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page