2011+ 3.7: 3.55's + Lone Wolf + JLT+ BBK + MPT - INCREDIBLE Combination! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazim17 View Post
im actually about to buy a tune ... so which one should i get? its a daily driver and i dont want to do anything that would break the car
Bama SCT tuner until ALL your mods are finished, then throw a $75 MPT tune on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Bama SCT tuner until ALL your mods are finished, then throw a $75 MPT tune on.
MPT is loaded via the SCT tuner, same as Bama.

Bama tunes would be great until you're finished modding, then throw the MPT tune on after you've data logged.

Run both tunes and see which one works best for you. Bama could very well prove superior in his case, or anyone else's for that matter. Not every vehicle responds exactly the same to the same mod's or tunes.

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

After reading this threa and others bit the bullet and ordered MPT tunes. It's literally a different car. I've tried Bama, Steeda, and Lund

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 V6 Auto, black, Performance Package, 102a, Dynotech drive shaft, brakes: Wilwood Superlite (front), adj. panhard; 3.73 gear; Steeda Sport Springs; Steeda sway bar.

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Darned iPad! To finish the above..."tunes. All have good points, but MPT is awesome."

2014 V6 Auto, black, Performance Package, 102a, Dynotech drive shaft, brakes: Wilwood Superlite (front), adj. panhard; 3.73 gear; Steeda Sport Springs; Steeda sway bar.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post
MPT is loaded via the SCT tuner, same as Bama.

Bama tunes would be great until you're finished modding, then throw the MPT tune on after you've data logged.

Run both tunes and see which one works best for you. Bama could very well prove superior in his case, or anyone else's for that matter. Not every vehicle responds exactly the same to the same mod's or tunes.
A better tune is a better tune. MPT is a better tune, doesn't matter if its mild or wild.

Show me one person who went back to Bama tunes after switching to MPT, zero, zilch, notta.

13'
Performance Pack
SR Lowering Springs
93 MPT race tune
3.73 gears
BBK ceramic Shorty Headers
BBK O/R X-pipe
Airaid CAI
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Rockett View Post
After reading this threa and others bit the bullet and ordered MPT tunes. It's literally a different car. I've tried Bama, Steeda, and Lund

Hmm really? That is crazy to here it is better than LUND. I might need to get one... Ugh more money

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
PONY Member

Stop drinking coffee at Starbucks for a few weeks, you'll have enough money.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I don't drink coffee in general. Never picked up the habit and don't really want to.

It adds up considering I also want to put resonators into my exhaust set up somewhere as well. That's gonna be over 100 dollars installed. I will eventually get the MPT tune. When I'm done bolting the car up

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm very hesitant to go back to the bama tune after swapping to MPT. The basic MPT race tune just delivers the power so much better than bama, it feels like I could take on any car. I even like the shifting better, despite the bama tune's shift points being set how I told them I wanted them. There's something about MPT's tune compared to bama where you get instant downshifts into the correct gear. Bama's tune always felt like you either had to go WOT or slug around in OD. The way MPT has their tune set up, it always feels like I'm in the appropriate gear for the amount of throttle I'm giving, with no early upshifting so long as I'm still giving throttle.

I emailed mike at MPT to see about some datalogging, but I think I'm going to be sticking with this regardless. Too bad MPT doesn't make personalized plates for their tunes!

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaseleblanc View Post
Too bad MPT doesn't make personalized plates for their tunes!
Nothing says you can't have one made and stick it on your fuse box.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
The things you guys describe with MPT I can already do with my steeda tune, which makes me hesitant to get MPT.

There is still a part of me that believes MPT knows something the others don't, mainly with part throttle ti-VCT cam timing that might make my car faster.

But You guys couldn't get sideways before the MPT even with multiple data logs to BAMA?

I've sent Gus from Steeda 2 datalogs ever and just today the tires lost traction for a good 2 seconds on the 1-2 shift at 3/4 throttle shifting at 4k rpm. I dont know how much of that is the midpipe and headers or the tune but it seems weird some guys are saying they can't lose traction at all in their cars with the BAMA tune.

I can vouch for this car, ive raced with him. hes really fast. but that's only because better looking guys always drive a little slower.

yeah that's what it was, im going with that. =p

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
I can vouch for this car, ive raced with him. hes really fast. but that's only because better looking guys always drive a little slower.

yeah that's what it was, im going with that. =p
HAHAHAHA! We ugly old cusses don't want to be laughed at for our looks, so we drive too fast to be seen and make the hot young tender vittles girlies laugh at their soap opera pretty-boy friends when we blast their doors off instead!
PONY Member

im kinda burned on drag racing though. I cut my racing teeth on road courses, so its kinda where my heart is at. damn I wish it wasn't so expensive. especially in the tires department

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I still wanna make the trek one of these years to the cannonball run in west Texas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page