1/4 Mile MPT tune vs. Bama - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

What was the da? Good or bad? In 1500 da with 3.31 gears and only t/i/e the steeda tune got my auto to run a 8.883 @81.68 mph 1/8th mile. Not sure what the 1/4 mile would have been. Maybe mid 13's. I launched around 1600 rpm but still got a 2.1 60" same as you. What are your shift points set up at?

I understand there are many variables but the extra 1 mph with the steeda tune from the MPT tune and the extra almost 2 mph from the BAMA tune with your 3.73 gears factored in means the steeda tune runs pretty damn good. If you weren in over 2500 da it could be comparable

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The DA for the 5 runs with the bama tunes was 1650
The DA for the 5 runs with the MPT tunes was 1470

My 13.872 previous best with my non-datalogged bama 93H tune was in a DA of 2150.
So from 3 datalog sessions with bama, a one piece aluminum driveshaft, and a better DA, I was only able to pick up .112 seconds in the 1/4 mile with the bama tune.

The MPT tune instantly beat that with hardly any information from me, and so that should definitely be a big factor to anyone on the fence.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
Banned

Get that 60' down to where it should be and you'll be doing exactly what you're after. Strange because off idle my MPT does 2.10 60' and Bama is 2.25'.

When the weather gets good and your 60' gets better you should be able to get 13.4.

PONY Member

Hey Blaseleblanc, I think my Mustang goes from 2nd gear to 4th sometimes. I think it does it sometimes with my Evolution Performance tune and my MPT tune. I wonder why???????

I'm going to try the manual shifting of my automatic like you did to see if it stops this from happening again. Mine seems to do this 'only' from a dead stop.

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3_3.7 View Post
Keep the traction control on and you'll be fine.
Nope. He'll still have traction issues. My MPT tune shows me that every single day. It will help, but not enough. Definitely use it though. He will either have to let go of some more rear tire pressure on the track or get some better rubber under there, unless he goes with other suspension components.

I reckon now, OP, you kind of get the idea of what I was talking about in my thread. Trust me, it's no more easier to control in the M6. Too much fun to walk away from though.
Banned

I should chime in and say, you will adapt to it and no longer have traction issues because you will learn to control it. It's not like the car is making 500hp now, you just aren't used to it yet. Since the first week I've had no issues to speak of, then again I don't drive around trying to spin...
Banned

i have stock gt 235/50/18 pirellis, and the mpt spins hard off dig and really bad on 1-2 shift. Anyone have advice on a good summer tire for next year? I was looking at the mickeys that AM sells that are the same size, or would I be better off going with a 255/45/18?
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire003 View Post
I should chime in and say, you will adapt to it and no longer have traction issues because you will learn to control it. It's not like the car is making 500hp now, you just aren't used to it yet. Since the first week I've had no issues to speak of, then again I don't drive around trying to spin...
Adaptation won't entirely eliminate the need to change some characteristic of how the tires dig in. He could easily adapt but could still lose a few ticks on the track because of the adaptation. I doubt anyone is trying to spin at the drag track, outside of the burnout area, but it happens anyway. On the open road it's not a problem. Adapt away.
post #54 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yeah, spinning is not an issue with the MPT tune on the street unless you are driving like you are at the 1/4 mile. You also will need to have TC off to get any sort of spin that could cause danger. MPT simply has much more pull to it once you are hooking up, and that's canned. Aside from some shifting preferences that could be changed to suit my needs, I'm really liking the MPT tune as a daily driver. It makes me confident that my car could take on pretty much anything in a street race.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Glad you like it! I'm not here directly representing MPT, but when you find something good, you want to share it with good folks!
Apprentice

Idk if it helps any but I do have ebiatch sway bars. When I do street race I usually put the pedal to the metal. My car doesnt have any tunes so that's what I'm used to... Would the spin be enough to send me flying into another car. I always leave tc on unless I'm doing donuts or burnouts.
PONY Member

The spin shouldn't send you into another car.
Only way that will happen is if you are doing donuts on the freeway or you peel out when someone is 5 feet in front of you.

Our cars are pretty stable, if you have decent tires you'll really enjoy the tunes. It's a very good improvement, but it's not like putting a pro-charger on your car. I think once you supercharge the car, then you really have to start getting use to the extra power.

You'll have more issues trying to keep down the wheel hop more then anything else, and learning what rpm to launch at once you start doing some of these tunes and bolt-on mods.

Cobb Access Port
MAPerformance Tune, CAI, and Intercooler
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs
Everything else is for show.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazim17 View Post
Idk if it helps any but I do have ebiatch sway bars. When I do street race I usually put the pedal to the metal. My car doesnt have any tunes so that's what I'm used to... Would the spin be enough to send me flying into another car. I always leave tc on unless I'm doing donuts or burnouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhtx35 View Post
The spin shouldn't send you into another car.
Only way that will happen is if you are doing donuts on the freeway or you peel out when someone is 5 feet in front of you.

Our cars are pretty stable, if you have decent tires you'll really enjoy the tunes. It's a very good improvement, but it's not like putting a pro-charger on your car. I think once you supercharge the car, then you really have to start getting use to the extra power.

You'll have more issues trying to keep down the wheel hop more then anything else, and learning what rpm to launch at once you start doing some of these tunes and bolt-on mods.
And, as with any tune, don't power it through a u-turn, in a double turn lane, or through a potentially dangerous curve. Too easy to break traction and swing the rear into the other lane. Just use some discretion as you would with any tune.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post
And, as with any tune, don't power it through a u-turn, in a double turn lane, or through a potentially dangerous curve. Too easy to break traction and swing the rear into the other lane. Just use some discretion as you would with any tune.
How is MPT with installing new parts? im about to install a cai and tb. Im going to be listing this when i order my MPT but lets say the parts dont work or i decide not to keep them can they adjust my tune for me? or will that be extra
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Your parts will work. I'd wait until after you install them then record data logs and send them in for your first tune, if you want the most power you can get from them. Otherwise, just get the tune now and leave things as they are. No need to readjust the tune if you get rid of those components, as neither of those require a tune to begin with. But you would have to pay $75 for every time you have your tune adjusted, so make sure you do it right the first time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page