1/4 Mile MPT tune vs. Bama - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Ok you guys convinced me haha i just bought the tune along with some decal to fully get that MPT family feel haha! Guess im part of the family now :P

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The decal adds 20 HP on top of the tune, 75 HP more if you put it in the center of your windshield.

Apprentice

Haha if only it was that easy... no the only reason I got it is cause around here there are alot of v6 mustangs I seee a good 8 in a day. So the decal will help tell pll what I'm running and so on. Don't hate on the decal Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

PONY Member

I'm the opposite. I prefer to let them wonder what the hell just happened to them lol.
Apprentice

I love the idea of the whole sleeper thing but it's extremly hard when u have an exhaust that yells "I'm going to eat anything in my eat " oh roush.....
PONY Member

im very curious to know what your afr's are with both of those tunes during hard runs. I see a lot of talk about various tunes lately, but none that mention what the afr's are during runs. its really important to know. like really really really really important

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
post #67 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Latest update-

Will be sending a datalog to Don at bama to see what he can do in order to make my bama tune surpass the MPT tune.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaseleblanc View Post
Latest update-

Will be sending a datalog to Don at bama to see what he can do in order to make my bama tune surpass the MPT tune.
By all means, keep us updated.
PONY Member

I'm interested too.
post #70 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Currently, I'm not pursuing datalogging with MPT for the fact that I've got performance mods left to put on my car that I feel they would charge me to re-tune for (Throttle body and full exhaust). I did however alert Mike of the issues with gear skipping. He seemed to think it was the torque converter lockup settings and not an actual gear change, but I know third gear was either skipped entirely for fourth gear, or the transmission immediately shifted into fourth right after shifting into third. I think if Don adds a good bit of timing, tweaks AFR a bit, and increases shift pressure, we can really be talking.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
Rookie

Getting my shorty headers today and just emailed Bama. Not sure if anything will even need to be changed adding those but I'm just not that impressed with my 93R tune. It seems more tame compared to the 91H tune I had, though maybe, possibly, some of that could be attributed to the engine running smoother on the higher octane.

I guess I could try loading the 93H to see how I like it, but impressions after a week or so aren't very positive. I also haven't reset my adaptive throttle in a LONG time so that may be playing a part, but that won't actually affect power numbers, right?

2012 Base 3.7 Race Red: Airaid Intake. Ford Racing 3.73 Gears. Dynomax 39507 Catback Exhaust. Bama 93rV2 Tune. BBK Short Headers. 6 speed retro shift knob.

Wheels/tires: Enkei Raijin 18x8. Sumitomo 235/50/18 HTR A/S P01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrickland1988 View Post
Getting my shorty headers today and just emailed Bama. Not sure if anything will even need to be changed adding those but I'm just not that impressed with my 93R tune. It seems more tame compared to the 91H tune I had, though maybe, possibly, some of that could be attributed to the engine running smoother on the higher octane.

I guess I could try loading the 93H to see how I like it, but impressions after a week or so aren't very positive. I also haven't reset my adaptive throttle in a LONG time so that may be playing a part, but that won't actually affect power numbers, right?
Update: Changed over to the 93H tune from the 93R and am much happier. Powerband is MUCH improved, though I do miss the throttle response. The 93R was amazingly smooth, for whatever reason, but the 93H reminds you that you have 6 cylinders firing. I do miss the throttle response but I'll definitely get some of that back by resetting the adaptive throttle. I strongly suggest that any disappointed by the 93R check out the 93H, it's completely different in the low-mid range with the top-end of the race tune.

2012 Base 3.7 Race Red: Airaid Intake. Ford Racing 3.73 Gears. Dynomax 39507 Catback Exhaust. Bama 93rV2 Tune. BBK Short Headers. 6 speed retro shift knob.

Wheels/tires: Enkei Raijin 18x8. Sumitomo 235/50/18 HTR A/S P01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrickland1988 View Post
I do miss the throttle response but I'll definitely get some of that back by resetting the adaptive throttle.
Could you explain how you do this?

2012 3.7 V6 Performance Pack - MRT Interceptors - Steeda CAI -
PONY Member

Pull fuse #47 for 10-20 minutes.
post #75 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

So the latest development is as follows:

I did a datalog of the car running the MPT tune. I sent the datalog to Mike at MPT last Friday with my concerns asking him to tweak the transmission and update the tune to increase the gains. I have heard no response from MPT. It looks like I'm seeing a pattern here.

I also sent the datalog as well as the MPT tune file itself to bama. I asked them to tweak my 93H tune to surpass this MPT tune. I got a response the next day with a tune file. After running MPT for nearly a month and swapping back to a bama tune, I gotta say: Bama's tunes feel stock compared to MPT. The power and aggressiveness just can't touch MPT's tune. I can barely even feel the car accelerating below 3000 RPM. I'm pretty disappointed that I sent bama the MPT tune itself, the datalog of how it runs on my car, as well as detailed instructions on what I felt bama was lacking compared to MPT, and I basically got a repeat tune of what I've been getting from bama. I can't imagine it's that difficult for bama tuners to compare the numbers and settings for the bama tune and the MPT tune to see where MPT is more aggressive, then just put that on the bama tune and bump it up a notch.

Right now, I'm hoping Mike at MPT gets back to me and sends me a revised datalogged MPT tune. I'm not sure if bama just doesn't WANT to tune my car aggressively, or it's not within their ability to. I'd rather one tune from bama that is TOO aggressive and needs to be dialed back, than to have to go months and months of exchanging datalogs to get the car up to par.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page