My take on the 2014 v6 auto - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

My take on the 2014 v6 auto

In the past five weeks I have traded my 13 manual transmission for a 14 automatic. This far I am extremely happy with it. The transmission shifts great and in sport mode leaves a little to be desired but a tune should solve that. I feel like off the line it is quicker even with same gear ratio.
I do not care for select shift as it delays from when I hit the switch to the gear change. I really prefer this transmission over the mt82 though. I did not care for the exhaust stock I drilled holes in the muffler piping and it did nothing. So I installed pype bombs on this car as well and to my suprise it sounds pretty different from the other cars exhaust with it on. More muffled I suppose would be the description. Or maybe after driving my wrx with a down pipe for a little it seems quieter as I have not heard my old cars exhaust in a while.

All in all I really like the automatic transmission a lot. No more guess work. Ford I applaud you on this transmission it is light years better than the aode transmission in the grand marquis I had and 4l60e I had in my old s10

Current mustang
2013 3.7 MT-82:pony package,pype bomb's axleback and that's all for now
Past mustang
2007 4.0 T-5 :Pony package,pypes axleback, afe cold air intake, bama tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013
Apprentice

to bad everything is changing next year with the 2015 mustang . Although its fast as F**k it just doesnt give that mustang feel...

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I think it gives a mustang feel. I had to drive something other than a mustang for a while to realize it but.....my wrx makes more power than a bolt on coyote up here. Yet I prefer driving my v6 daily and on canyon roads

Current mustang
2013 3.7 MT-82:pony package,pype bomb's axleback and that's all for now
Past mustang
2007 4.0 T-5 :Pony package,pypes axleback, afe cold air intake, bama tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page