2011 V6: Steeda Ultra Lites, Front Only - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

2011 V6: Steeda Ultra Lites, Front Only

I posted this in another forum, and figured some of you here might be able to use the information. For a little background, the front end of my 2011 V6 has curiously sat higher than any other V6 I'd seen. Considering my cosmetic mod's, I'd decided a forward rake was the way to go. A few months back, perhaps a year, I put the idea out here and received some mixed responses, most of them negative, just as on the other forum. But being stubborn as I am and prone to doing my own thing, I decided to move forward with my idea.

The post below (cut and paste from the other forum) is in regards to Steeda Ultra Lites I installed yesterday (front springs only):

"The front springs were installed this morning. Here are the realignment spec's afterward (numbers in parenthesis are the specified ranges):

CAMBER
Front Left Camber -1.3 (-1.5 0.0)
Front Right Camber -0.6 (-1.5 0.0)

CASTER
Front Left Caster 6.7 (6.4 7.9)
Front Right Caster 7.1 (6.4 7.9)

TOE
Front Left Toe 0.10 (0.00 0.20)
Front Right Toe 0.12 (0.00 0.20)

Front Cross Camber -0.7 (-0.8 0.8 )

Front Cross Caster -0.4 (-0.8 0.8 )

Front Total Toe 0.22 (0.00 0.40)

My next mod will be caster camber plates, to roll these numbers a little closer in to where they should be. I will likely not have more than a few hundred miles on the car by then.

I have some very small phone pic's that I could upload but you'd have a tough time seeing the difference, though it is obvious in person. The front drop is not as extreme as the Roush in the link I posted. Honestly, it looks closer to how the factory should have looked. And speaking of...

The factory springs were part number BR3Z5310AB SBF Blue. I do not know for a certainty, but I'd say these are GT springs, which would account for the lack of factory rake. I've had other people tell me it had been sitting higher in front than what they were used to seeing from a factory V6.

Before the springs were installed there was room enough for me to put three fingers between the top center of the tire and the bottom center of the front wheel well. Now I can fit only two. The rear is still factory, sitting at "3 fingers" with about 1/8 inch of additional space.

As for the ride...

Most of the braking nose dive is gone, though some of it is still there, under moderate and hard braking; considerably improved for sure, but certainly not what I'd consider true sports car quality. But then I didn't add new shocks or do the rear springs. I wasn't looking for a hard suspension anyway. The ride is a little more firm but seems to be pretty close to factory where comfort is concerned. Tough to tell the difference, really. These are most certainly not harsh, uncomfortable springs. I figure if I want to stiffen things up, I'll just buy some adjustable shocks eventually. For now, it's improved and all is well.

I found one of the most torn up but still paved (barely) county roads I can think of, and raced down it around 60 mph tonight. Car handled beautifully. Very pleasant ride, considering.

I definitely made the right choice in springs."

Here is the stance I was looking for:

http://images.webmakerx.net/Sites/Si...sh_stage_1.jpg

Here is the stance everyone was saying I'd have:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oWa_earKZ3...gg5o1_1280.jpg

Here is the stance I actually have:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130928_111042.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	271338  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013
PONY Member

Stance looks good. What is your time frame to do the rear as well? I think you'll really like it even more.

Just throwing this out there.
Have you ever considered painting the lower trim and rear valance the same color as the car. Only reason I say that is I have a co-worker that has a GT and it's green and all the trim matches so I've wondered how a few colors would look with that. Your color might look really good with that combo.

Cobb Access Port
MAPerformance Tune, CAI, and Intercooler
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs
Everything else is for show.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Not going to do the rear. Not interested.

I'd like to paint the valance and the side skirts to match the car, but I have a few other mod's to complete first.

I'd change the rear valance if there were another one on the market without exhaust cutouts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page