Controller Area Networks (CAN) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Controller Area Networks (CAN)

Hi all,

Anyone have the schematics or know how I can get the Controller Area Networks (CAN) for our stangs? Preferably for a v6 2013 MT? I'm not sure if Ford hands this information out. It is a .dbc file

High Speed Controller Area Network (HS-CAN) 500kbs
Medium Speed Controller Area Network (MS-CAN) 125kbs

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterang View Post
Hi all,

Anyone have the schematics or know how I can get the Controller Area Networks (CAN) for our stangs? Preferably for a v6 2013 MT? I'm not sure if Ford hands this information out.

High Speed Controller Area Network (HS-CAN) 500kbs
Medium Speed Controller Area Network (MS-CAN) 125kbs

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
I know how to access both networks, but Ford does not give out their information on these networks (for Ford proprietary CAN information). You either have to watch for the information to come by and do statistical analysis on it or get lucky. What are you looking to do?

2011 GT Sterling Gray Metallic - Roush Supercharger 85mm Pulley, JLT Big Air Intake, VMP Tune, Stainless Work 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers, O/R X-Pipe, Retro Muffler, Tokico D-Spec, Steeda Ultralite springs, BMR LCA&ReLoBrackets, J&M PHB, Tremec Magnum XL, McLeod RXT, Aluminum Driveshaft, 4.10, Eaton TrueTrac, Moser Axles

1993 LX Vert Electric Red (Under Construction) - 306, GT40 Heads, Tublar intake, E303 cam, Forged pistons, 70mm TB
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Thanks for the reply.
Was toying around with the idea of activating a device like an external lamp or speaker system to the startup sequence when I unlock the car.
How would I be able to watch for this information? what are the tools/equipment that I would need? Some direction would be helpful.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013
IDIOT

IF you check the forum stickies under the v6 technical thread there is one called workshop manual, its an online PDF of the entire manual for out model and year car. you can find that information there under the electrical section I believe.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ce-manual.html

More directly found here ==> Ford Service Manuals - Workshop Manuals

I used the info there to wire up my remote start for my subwoofer off one of the SJB so it would not power on while the car was starting, and it would only power on when the engine was running. This is to ensure the engine has the most cranking force from the battery on startup, as the AMP sucks a lot of power.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013
IDIOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterang View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Was toying around with the idea of activating a device like an external lamp or speaker system to the startup sequence when I unlock the car.
How would I be able to watch for this information? what are the tools/equipment that I would need? Some direction would be helpful.
You can probably do this btw (the external lamp anyway) by piping directly into the same circuit that the dome lights or factory illuminated rockers were wired for that.

Why would you want speakers enabled when car is unlocked?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page