CAI & TUNER Opinions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

CAI & TUNER Opinions

Hey everyone, so I just placed an order for a Roush AB exhaust for my 2011 Mustang V6 which I am stoked about, but now its time to move on to the next mod, the CAI and Tuner, now I probably will be looking at a combo pack for the two and I have seen some on AM but I just wanted everyone elses feedback on what they have and how well it works for them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Consider this package, you won't be disappointed...

Steeda 2011-14 V6 Mustang Power Pack - Made in USA 555-3938 - Free Shipping!

I'll be glad to help if you have any questions or would like some assistance.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

That looks like one of the best packs I have seen so far definitley worth considering I also have read on the forums that the tuner really unlocks the stangs true potential, is it really that noticeable?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpetersS197 View Post
That looks like one of the best packs I have seen so far definitley worth considering I also have read on the forums that the tuner really unlocks the stangs true potential, is it really that noticeable?
Very much so, but its the pairing of the intake and tune together that really make the difference. The tuner also allows you to calibrate for future mods, read dtc's, calibrate for gears, etc.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Alright so new info was related to me tonight by a couple of guys I was talking to, number one the tuner can potentially hurt the car and make the engine explode if you aren't careful the other is that it voids warranty, but I thought that if you revert it back to factory tune to take it in there would be no problem

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If your looking at getting a tuner with tunes from Steeda or American Muscle Bama, I'd be inclined to say you shouldn't have anything to worry about. You won't be blowing your engine anytime soon.

You also can be potentially causing some warranty issues, but you can always take the tune off before you go to the dealership. I've heard and read lots about how dealerships can still see you were tuned, unless you unplug the battery for such a time, or drive 50 miles, etc etc. I don't know what's true there honestly. I'm not a person who's too concerned with my warranty. I know that when I swap things out it can cause issues, and that's on me if the part causes a failure.

As for what to pick for CAI...this is asked every week. I and most others probably have Airaid. It works well and sounds good. JLT is probably #2 for popularity. Steeda is awesome too, just some people are nervous to buy it at first because its the only "tune required" intake.

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013
PONY Member

im really loving my afe power CAI. best sounding intake ive found and i really do believe they make the best filters in the business (which is why they made TRD's filters for years).

tunes, for mail order you cant go wrong with steeda or bama for mail in tunes due to the tunes for life thing.

that said, guys are really loving mpt tunes as well

but..

if you can afford a proper dyno tune, nothing and i mean nothing you can get via email will be anywhere near as good.

good luck

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks guys that really puts my mind at ease as far as the tunes go. As good info on steeda I would rather get a cai that doesn't need a tune. And about this dyno tune, not too familiar with dynos but I got a co worker that has a friend and he will do 3 pulls for 60 bucks which I thought was really good but how would I go about getting a dyno tune from that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page