Raxiom Projector Headlights HID Install. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Raxiom Projector Headlights HID Install.

Sooo I was planning to install my Raxiom Headlights yesterday but ran into an issue. After I had taken off my bumper and everything. Stupid I know. I noticed that I have H13 bulbs instead of H9's that Raxiom requires. Now, my car has an HID kit from the previous owner. I'm assuming I would now have to get an HID kit with H9 bulbs. My fogs are H11's with an HID kit. To try it out, I simply wired the H11's to my headlight ballast and inserted the H11's into the Raxiom housing. Worked perfectly. I figured I'd rather do it the right way so I put it back.

Do you guys have any recommendations on HID kits? I was looking at DDM Tuning's kit.

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

Also used here:

HID Headlight Upgrade Installation | A 3.7L V6 Mustang Owner Resource for Modifications and Repairs

I was also wondering why Raxiom has their own wiring for the headlight. I don't see the purpose. The halos power themselves. I plan to wire them so they work as DRL's. I can also simply just plug in the bulb so I don't see the point for the wiring. Can someone enlighten me? Am I missing anything?

Attached are pictures of the current kits.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	532.4 KB
ID:	273402   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	809.8 KB
ID:	273410  

2011 3.7 Coupe | Ingot Silver | Black Cue Ball Knob | GT500 Spoiler | RTR Rear Valence | Tri-Ax Shifter | 3.73 | BBR Tune | BBK LT Headers | BBK X-Pipe | BBK Throttle | Roush Exhaust | Ford Racing Handling Pack | SVE Lower Arms | Ford Racing Panhard | GT500 Brembo Brakes | JLT Carbon CAI |

2014 5.0 Coupe | Ruby Red | Track Pack | Recaro |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Or would replacement bulbs like these simply work?

2pcs 35W 12V HID Headlight Replacement Bulbs H4 H7 H8 H11 9005 9006 9145 D2S D2R | eBay

2011 3.7 Coupe | Ingot Silver | Black Cue Ball Knob | GT500 Spoiler | RTR Rear Valence | Tri-Ax Shifter | 3.73 | BBR Tune | BBK LT Headers | BBK X-Pipe | BBK Throttle | Roush Exhaust | Ford Racing Handling Pack | SVE Lower Arms | Ford Racing Panhard | GT500 Brembo Brakes | JLT Carbon CAI |

2014 5.0 Coupe | Ruby Red | Track Pack | Recaro |
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013
Apprentice

So yes, I did the same thing almost. If you have the Ballasts all you need is a set of new H9 Bulbs.

I went with the standard eBay 55 watts 6000K HID kit. It works pretty well, I go through a set of HID bulbs every six months. But they are really cheap and easy to replace. I always have one or two extra laying around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page