2013+ V6 Decklid Panel - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

2013+ V6 Decklid Panel

Hey any V6's wanna swap deacklid panels for my GT one? I have a 2013+ rear decklid panel for a GT I got on ebay. Looking to swap for your pony emblem decklid panel. Let me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013
Apprentice

I really doubt u can find someone that will put a gt decklid on a v6.

2013 3.7 mustang auto.
Mods: magnaflow catback- 20% tint- roush upper grille- AM billet lower grill- gt500 rear spoiler-jlt oil seperator- boss 302 strut tower brace- SVE drift wheels 19x9.5 on nitto nt555 275/35/19- 3.73's- ebay paddle shifters
》MPT tuned 93race《
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

u never know...

ok lets try this, any v6 guys wrecked their car recently? sell me your decklid panel =P

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013
PONY Member

Can you do me a favor and post a picture of the deck lid under the rear panel? Im curious if its designed like the 2011.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloBusa View Post
Can you do me a favor and post a picture of the deck lid under the rear panel? Im curious if its designed like the 2011.
The 2013/14 decklid has the same dimensions as the 2010/11/12, and the same hump under the faux gas cap, but it adds two rows of holes for the factory decklid panel. The 2013/14 panel can be mounted to a 2010/11/12 if you remove the tabs that align with the holes in the decklid.

Here's a picture I saved from either this forum or some other:

2013+ V6 Decklid Panel-2013_trunk_lid_with_panel_removed.jpg

And here's one of the 2013/14 panel on a 2010/11/12 car:

2013+ V6 Decklid Panel-2010-12_with_2013_trunk_panel.jpg

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
The 2013/14 decklid has the same dimensions as the 2010/11/12, and the same hump under the faux gas cap, but it adds two rows of holes for the factory decklid panel. The 2013/14 panel can be mounted to a 2010/11/12 if you remove the tabs that align with the holes in the decklid.

Here's a picture I saved from either this forum or some other:

Attachment 274010

And here's one of the 2013/14 panel on a 2010/11/12 car:

Attachment 274018
That's not a hump ^^ My '14 actually HAS a hump in that spot - the circle extends out from the panel itself. It's not recessed as shown above on the '10-'12s.

I found out the hard way because I ordered a CDC rear panel, being assured by a vendor it would fit. Well things line up fine, but I have a 3/4" high bump/hump to deal with. Their suggestion? Cut it out. I guess that was their idea of fitting. They would do nothing for me in the way of a refund, so I sold it to a buddy with an '11.

'14 V6 Prem. 6 speed Perf. Pkg. Oxford White/Saddle
Mods in profile
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowellDoug View Post
That's not a hump ^^ My '14 actually HAS a hump in that spot - the circle extends out from the panel itself. It's not recessed as shown above on the '10-'12s.
You lost me. The top picture is the decklid on a 2013 car, with the gloss black plastic panel removed. The circular area at the center, under the faux gas car, protrudes about 3/4" - 1". It's not recessed (I have seen photos from a better angle, but cannot find one at the moment).

AFAIK, the protruding hump is the same on all model years from 2010 thru 2014. The only difference is that the '13s and '14s add the two rows of square holes.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013
PONY Member

Ok, from the angle I was looking at, it appears recessed, sorry about that.

That being said, the CDC panel made for the '10-'12 has a projection from the back of it, that will not like it fit the '13/14. The vendor's suggestion was for me to cut out the bump in my decklid, but I refused to do that, in case I wanted to go back to the stock panel.

Sorry for any confusion.

Mods in profile
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Ok, from the angle I was looking at, it appears recessed, sorry about that.

That being said, the CDC panel made for the '10-'12 has a projection from the back of it, that will not like it fit the '13/14. The vendor's suggestion was for me to cut out the bump in my decklid, but I refused to do that, in case I wanted to go back to the stock panel.

Sorry for any confusion.
your talking about the cdc panel with no faux emblem right? i think they made those like the rtr decklid panel, where you would actually have to cut out the protuding portion of the trunk (where the faux cap goes) before you can attach the decklid panel (which is dumb).
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSixer View Post
your talking about the cdc panel with no faux emblem right? i think they made those like the rtr decklid panel, where you would actually have to cut out the protuding portion of the trunk (where the faux cap goes) before you can attach the decklid panel (which is dumb).

Correct. The vendor (well known) stated clearly that it fit '13-14, with no mention of having to sawzall off part of your factory decklid. I hate the factory panel, and the CDC one matches the panel on either side of the license plate. Maybe down the road, they'll come out with one that will actually fit without requiring hacking up the oem decklid.

Mods in profile
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Correct. The vendor (well known) stated clearly that it fit '13-14, with no mention of having to sawzall off part of your factory decklid. I hate the factory panel, and the CDC one matches the panel on either side of the license plate. Maybe down the road, they'll come out with one that will actually fit without requiring hacking up the oem decklid.
well if you do replace you decklid panel, lemme buy yours haha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page