Reasons to boost your 3.7 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvillan87 View Post
so basically bolts and pro charger= you are in the clear?
yeah as long as you dont opt for the smaller pulley haha

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Put a smile on my face ... but I was thinking that the GT wasn't really racing either but more looking for a parking place.

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebyu12 View Post
yeah as long as you dont opt for the smaller pulley haha
depends how you beat on it too..

if the pedal is glued to the floor constantly...

Apprentice

The procharger is really cool, however this motor would be a total beast with a TVS roots set up if anyone where to ever bother to engineer a kit. With all of the rapid prototyping via 3d metal printing going on today you would think that someone could just whip up a kit. However, I am not an engineer, probably more involved than I think.

2013 Grabber Blue Premium Couple, Auto, FRPP N Springs, FRPP Dampeners, Lund Tune
PONY Member

Totally off topic, but what kind of chin spoiler do you have and what is the grill you have? BTW, I like your choice of a black rear spoiler to compliment your hood.

Can't wait to get my procharger.

2008 Bullitt|Roush M90 w/2.57 pulley & CAI; 90mm MAF; Steeda-UCA, LCAs, Ultralites, links, mounts; MM CC plates; Bilsteins; GT500 FCAs; Brembos; Roush shifter; GT500KR axle back; etc
1969 Coupe Restomod-never complete!
2008 Power Wheels Bullitt Clone
Mustangs from the past: 66 coupe, 69 Coupe, 69 Grande, 2001 Bullitt, 2011 V6
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerdoc View Post
Totally off topic, but what kind of chin spoiler do you have and what is the grill you have? BTW, I like your choice of a black rear spoiler to compliment your hood.

Can't wait to get my procharger.
Stillen chin. Stock.grill with the pony painted black. Thanks for the compliment

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
Rookie

dang that sicks.
do you have HID in your 2012?
PONY Member

honestly, I really wonder if boosting is worth it when we're seeing people with times as good as 12.60 @ 108.39 MPH naturally aspirated.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

You have to remember there has only been 1 person to do that... He is running slicks and skinnys he has adjustable shocks and his car is set up for drag racing. He is also a helluva driver. I ran 12.5 @ 113mph with a crappy drag radial.. stock shocks and lowering springs which actually hurt your 1/4 mile time. It was also extremely hot the day I ran. Wrxified ran a best of 12.1 @117 with his procharger setup.

The run of the mill bolt on 3.7 will most likely not run under a 13.0

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
honestly, I really wonder if boosting is worth it when we're seeing people with times as good as 12.60 @ 108.39 MPH naturally aspirated.
also depends on what your goals are... i used to bang around in a MN12 Thunderbird.. which are heavy beasts.. it was a struggle to hit 13s NA... throw some boost on there and i was running mid 11s without the slicks

the faster you go.. the more money it takes.. and with the prices they charge for these things, it seems to cost more and more each year.. hell a dual bore performance throttle body for a Terminator Cobra you could pick up for a couple hundred new, maybe $150 used... it's $400 for the 3.7 and what does it really gain you without a tune and other mods?

even the wife noticed... its 300-500 for almost every "mod" on this car.. i used to get 2 or 3 before..
Apprentice

Garage
off topic sry. after installing a procharger, would it be ok to dyno the car with stock driveshaft or would it be better to wait and change it first before getting it dyno/tune?
Apprentice

Nice video. Finally cool mornings for even more power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page