Just a litle thought.... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Just a litle thought....

historically, im super fickle about my cars...

example, ive bought 3 in 2.5 years

I kind of dreaded the oc auto show coming around because I was certain I was going to see something that was going to put me on my (takeitupthebehindsellingacartoosoon) mode.

but nothing really grabbed me. best part of the show was the new stingray, which is amazing for the money.

but then I went out to the parking lot and was all excited about my car again. the potential it has with the mods I have planned upcoming etc..

then I see another car (I kinda like small cars) that kind of excited me, but the price was too high.

But as Im online tonight, I see a few posts from Deysha and I remember the thing that brought me back to Ford in the first place.

So heres to you Justine (my car). I may look at other girls, but at the end of the day, I guess I'd just rather go home with you

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013
Banned

I've gone through my '94 Mustang 5.0 and my '02 Audi A6 4.2 V8 Quattro and then to this in a matter of a year. So I can relate. Even now I constantly look at other cars to get and I keep aspiring. To that end, just like you, I end up taking another look at my car and finding myself inspired again. Lets hope the aftermarket picks up and really starts to support this platform.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013
Apprentice
S197 Member

This is my third one, and I know all of us v6 guys get crap from the v8's. But dang if I can sell mine for enough I'll be in something with two more cylinders. I'm tired of the constant debate on how much money do I dump into this car that won't be worth $10,000 in a couple of years, and when is the motor gonna go. It's a fun car and certainly has some power for a v6 but the game is still going and I expect the 15's to make our cars look like the 05-09 v6's do to us now.

Black 2011 V6 - Totaled
Candy red 2012 V6 - Sold
Candy red 2013 V6 PP - SCT tuner with Jon Lund tuning, BBK TB, FRPP Sport Axlebacks, Airaid CAI. SOLDDDDDD
2003 Redfire Terminator - Too many mods to list, SOLDDDDDDD
2012 Yellow Blaze 5.0 - M6, Lund tune, GT500s, O/R H pipe, and some other cool stuff

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013
Banned

True enough but, I think I've reached that point in my life where I've had enough fast cars to settle down a bit. I know there's always something newer, better, faster, etc. out there and that keeps me grounded. I just hope that there's a way to retrofit that IRS to our cars when the '15 does drop.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
historically, im super fickle about my cars...

example, ive bought 3 in 2.5 years

I kind of dreaded the oc auto show coming around because I was certain I was going to see something that was going to put me on my (takeitupthebehindsellingacartoosoon) mode.

but nothing really grabbed me. best part of the show was the new stingray, which is amazing for the money.

but then I went out to the parking lot and was all excited about my car again. the potential it has with the mods I have planned upcoming etc..

then I see another car (I kinda like small cars) that kind of excited me, but the price was too high.

But as Im online tonight, I see a few posts from Deysha and I remember the thing that brought me back to Ford in the first place.

So heres to you Justine (my car). I may look at other girls, but at the end of the day, I guess I'd just rather go home with you
That was very nice, cerebrix!

Deysha
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013
Rookie

I have this problem myself, I blame my constant reading of Autoblog and the like. Seems there's always something newer and better than what you have, be it car, cellphone, tool, etc. Honestly, I was ridiculously close to picking up a Genesis Coupe just a few weeks ago, but then the sensible part of my brain reminded me that I've only owned this brand new car of mine for about 6 months and I'd be an idiot to even think about dumping it now. I kept my last car for 5 years (MINI Cooper S. Most unreliable thing I've ever owned. Fun as hell when it wasn't broken, though!), so I don't see myself getting rid of the stang anytime soon. Not to say it isn't fun to look, though!

2013 V6 Premium A6 - Airaid CAI, Bama 93H Tune, FRPP 3.55 gears, Dynomax Catback
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad View Post
I have this problem myself, I blame my constant reading of Autoblog and the like. Seems there's always something newer and better than what you have, be it car, cellphone, tool, etc. Honestly, I was ridiculously close to picking up a Genesis Coupe just a few weeks ago, but then the sensible part of my brain reminded me that I've only owned this brand new car of mine for about 6 months and I'd be an idiot to even think about dumping it now. I kept my last car for 5 years (MINI Cooper S. Most unreliable thing I've ever owned. Fun as hell when it wasn't broken, though!), so I don't see myself getting rid of the stang anytime soon. Not to say it isn't fun to look, though!
I looked at the genesis as well before I bought my car. but man, Hyundai aftermarket support is horrible (I feel bad for those guys), and Hyundai dealers? don't even get me started on that support network.

50% of my decision to buy a mustang was that ford dealers no matter what have at least 2 mechanics that know what theyre doing when it comes to a mustang. gotta love that whole 49 years of sales thing =p

Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013
Rookie

Quote:
I looked at the genesis as well before I bought my car. but man, Hyundai aftermarket support is horrible (I feel bad for those guys), and Hyundai dealers? don't even get me started on that support network.

50% of my decision to buy a mustang was that ford dealers no matter what have at least 2 mechanics that know what theyre doing when it comes to a mustang. gotta love that whole 49 years of sales thing =p
No kidding, and the parts that ARE available for the things make some of our stuff look pretty cheap in comparison! And yeah, there's several Ford dealerships around here within spitting distance and they actually know what they're doing. The Hyundai ones, ehh I haven't heard much good about them from the people that I know.

2013 V6 Premium A6 - Airaid CAI, Bama 93H Tune, FRPP 3.55 gears, Dynomax Catback
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013
PONY Member

Unless the 2015 Mustang GT gets the same MPG as the current V6, I will be able to resist the temptation and keep my 14 V6

As mentioned by others, newer models are often more powerful, and more efficient. Keeping buying new cars is not the best use of the capital. Plus, I don't want to discard all the good mods I have put on my car.

===
2014 Mustang V6 3.7L 6-spd manual, with MGW shifter, Airaid CAI, BBK shorty headers, Corsa Sport axle back, strut tower brace, JLT oil separator, GT500 differential cover, BG Synchro Shift II gear oil, Redline differential oil.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4spd View Post
Unless the 2015 Mustang GT gets the same MPG as the current V6, I will be able to resist the temptation and keep my 14 V6

As mentioned by others, newer models are often more powerful, and more efficient. Keeping buying new cars is not the best use of the capital. Plus, I don't want to discard all the good mods I have put on my car.
most likely it will

there will be gains for both (were not going to bring up the 4 cyl) with direct injection coming to the table.

I will say though, im actually kind of intrigued with the idea of an ecoboost 4 cyl mustang. one of the cars I have been drooling over lately, is the amg Mercedes cla 45

that thing gets an insane 360hp running more than 26 (im serious) lbs of boost with a 7 speed Mercedes dual clutch tranny.

if ford, svt, and ford racing can collaborate on something like that for around 30k. I might just do it. im serious, and it gets 34 mpg

that's just insane. I REALLY want to see ford step up with that level of engineering. but then again, I also wish ford fielded a formula 1 team. so needless to say, sometimes I want unreasonable things =p

Banned

If the 2014 V6 has the rumored close to 400bhp... I may take the plunge.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm waiting for the diesel. Powerstroke Mustangs RULE!!!

2014 Race Red Base Model-3.7L, MT82, Tech Package, 18" Black Factory Wheels, AirRaid CAI
MACH I Member

Quote:

Yup not even the Corvette can say that.

(Say whatever you want, but the Corvette was M.I.A. for a year)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang No.7 View Post
I wouldn't mind a diesel. Gobs and gobs of torque. Ever seen the Cummins swapped Stang?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang No.7 View Post
You can build the first rolling coal Mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page