JMS Nitrous kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

JMS Nitrous kit

I was just wondering if anyone had looked into the JMS kit? I haven't really seen it before, and it seems like a really good deal that is just plug and play with some really good results. JMS Nitrous Kit
2013 JMS NOS V6 3.7L Mustang Auto gains +54rwhp 106ft-lbs - JMS Progressive NOS Kit PN:JMS-NOS-5000 - YouTube

Black 2011 V6 - Totaled
Candy red 2012 V6 - Sold
Candy red 2013 V6 PP - SCT tuner with Jon Lund tuning, BBK TB, FRPP Sport Axlebacks, Airaid CAI. SOLDDDDDD
2003 Redfire Terminator - Too many mods to list, SOLDDDDDDD
2012 Yellow Blaze 5.0 - M6, Lund tune, GT500s, O/R H pipe, and some other cool stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013
PONY Member

Wonder what it makes a 6 run

2012 Black MCA, HID package, Steeda splitter, Airaid cold air intake, AM Hood struts, FRPP Sport axle back, Soon : matching lower grille, MMD tailight surrounds and tint.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013
Banned

I really like this kit, especially their controller. My only problem with a nitrous setup is the tuning. I know a nitrous tune is easy to get, but I wouldnt want to run it all the time ( for NA performance), although I would like my system ready all the time. I wish our cars could use the "flip chip" style sct offered up to the 2004 model stangs..

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
Wonder what it makes a 6 run
I'm not exactly sure.. I was hoping a couple of the guys with nitrous would chime in with their opinions. The kit doesn't seem extremely expensive for those kind of gains.

Black 2011 V6 - Totaled
Candy red 2012 V6 - Sold
Candy red 2013 V6 PP - SCT tuner with Jon Lund tuning, BBK TB, FRPP Sport Axlebacks, Airaid CAI. SOLDDDDDD
2003 Redfire Terminator - Too many mods to list, SOLDDDDDDD
2012 Yellow Blaze 5.0 - M6, Lund tune, GT500s, O/R H pipe, and some other cool stuff
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013
Banned

Well, you don't have to be running N2O to predict what might happen. Let's take a minimal-mods car like mine that's close to optimized for the drags and add what's billed as a "50 shot." You typically realize about 3/4 of the advertised number, so, just answer the question of what 37 extra HP would do for a 3450 lb car.

If I'm running repeatable 13-teens now, I would, if I can make the N2O installation equally repeatable, run 12.60s or maybe occasionally better (12.55). For their rear-wheel 54 HP, change that to 12.40s with the occasional 12.35.

I think this JMS system may be fine, but they leave out all the useful stuff in that video - since they elected for a dry shot, where did they inject it? How rich is their N2O tune? If I do it, I plan a wet system downstream from where the MAF sits in my JLT.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013
Banned

I found myself eyeballing these kits even though I generally steer clear of nitrous. I like the idea of a small, conservative shot. I have no desire to spray a 125 shot for any reason. To me that's just a bit too drastic. However, keeping in mind the 50-75 shots, do I really think it's worth all the dyno tuning time, potential pooling of nitrous, inability to swap tunes on the fly, etc. for those kinds of power gains? Not really.

I like to have my power all the time but, that's why I like all motor builds. You plan for one situation and you focus all your efforts at that, I feel like you'll be more successful and satisfied. No need to manage boost, methanol, nitrous, etc. but, bang for the buck if this is your thing, is certainly apparent with this kit. But for a little more than a couple grand on top of that price, you can have those horsepower levels on demand with boost.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013
Apprentice

That is what I used to think. Until the first time I throttled into boost at elevation... I felt like I had entered heaven. I am now curious how a nitrous hit would feel to spool up the turbo

Current mustang
2013 3.7 MT-82:pony package,pype bomb's axleback and that's all for now
Past mustang
2007 4.0 T-5 :Pony package,pypes axleback, afe cold air intake, bama tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page