Lower control arm brackets - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Lower control arm brackets

I've been on AMs site looking at Whitelines LCA brackets. They were recommended to me by a couple of guys but am wondering about pinion angle after installing these. Some of the feedback says it's a good mod if you've lowered your car and some say they work great with the stock length LCAs. It looks to me the only way the pinion angle wouldn't be affected would be if the hole for the control arm were located a little forward of the stock hole since it's farther from the rear axle. Has anyone here used these brackets with the stock length aftermarket tubular control arms on a stock ride height car.

Dave

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013
GT Member

i have them with stock length but its lowered a tad more than an inch.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013
PONY Member

it gets rid of the squat in corners. great mod. vorshlag told me they noticed more from that mod than any other when it came to the mustangs handling.

also yes, I can verify, theyre a fine upgrade for stock suspension, angle is already a little on the flat side even stock.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013
PONY Member

You are talking about the relocation brackets.
This is a very good mod. I lowered my car and had these put on and not only does it corner well, but it sticks on take off.

Cobb Access Port
MAPerformance Tune, CAI, and Intercooler
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs
Everything else is for show.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013
Banned

Whiteline may not be the best choice. Did you search "Whiteline LCA" here?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D BERRY View Post
I've been on AMs site looking at Whitelines LCA brackets. They were recommended to me by a couple of guys but am wondering about pinion angle after installing these. Some of the feedback says it's a good mod if you've lowered your car and some say they work great with the stock length LCAs. It looks to me the only way the pinion angle wouldn't be affected would be if the hole for the control arm were located a little forward of the stock hole since it's farther from the rear axle. Has anyone here used these brackets with the stock length aftermarket tubular control arms on a stock ride height car.

Dave
I would definitely recommend picking up a set of Lower Control Arms. They will help you squat harder off the line and help a ton with weight transfer. I would also recommend picking up an Upper Control Arm. This can be used to adjust the pinion angle when you lower your car or are running a 1-piece driveshaft! I picked up a half a second in the quarter mile from UCA's, LCA's and a 1-piece aluminum drive shaft. My car gets off the line extremely hard now and has absolutely no wheel hop!

I hope this helps. Hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance. You can also hit up my CS team a call if need be. They can be reached at the contact information in my signature!

-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post
Whiteline may not be the best choice. Did you search "Whiteline LCA" here?
Whiteline did have a couple of issues with their control arms when they first came out, there's no denying that! However, I think they handled the issue very well and made sure all of their customers were taken care of. With Safety and Function being first on their mind, they recalled all inventory and completely revamped the Whiteline line of products! I can't say to much just yet but I'm going to leak a photo for you guys.

Here's a photo of the new Whiteline Upper Control arm that's coming out. The welds are insane, better/bigger bushings, three times as thick as the original design! You be the judge, Let me know what you think..

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
I would definitely recommend picking up a set of Lower Control Arms. They will help you squat harder off the line and help a ton with weight transfer. I would also recommend picking up an Upper Control Arm. This can be used to adjust the pinion angle when you lower your car or are running a 1-piece driveshaft! I picked up a half a second in the quarter mile from UCA's, LCA's and a 1-piece aluminum drive shaft. My car gets off the line extremely hard now and has absolutely no wheel hop!

I hope this helps. Hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance. You can also hit up my CS team a call if need be. They can be reached at the contact information in my signature!

-Dan

Whiteline did have a couple of issues with their control arms when they first came out, there's no denying that! However, I think they handled the issue very well and made sure all of their customers were taken care of. With Safety and Function being first on their mind, they recalled all inventory and completely revamped the Whiteline line of products! I can't say to much just yet but I'm going to leak a photo for you guys.

Here's a photo of the new Whiteline Upper Control arm that's coming out. The welds are insane, better/bigger bushings, three times as thick as the original design! You be the judge, Let me know what you think..

-Dan
It looks a lot like Steeda's UCA. I had one in my hand less than 2 hours ago while I was at Steeda getting my LCA relocation brackets welded in.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013
Apprentice

Yes, we've put the Whiteline relocation brackets on cars with OEM lower arms. And performance per dollar, it's one of the best modifications you can make to the S197, particularly once it's lowered.

There are modifications that add more chassis performance, but they cost significantly more.

Jason McDaniel - Motorsport Chassis Engineer - Team Vorshlag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page