Finally Dynoed my car! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

btw jsimmons your blog is something I hit weekly. for me you truly are an inspiration.

but note I said cost prohibitive for some. obviously, youre the last guy on the planet that applies to.

but lets say, it costs 4 grand for someone to tranny swap (im pulling a number out of my ass there so keep that in mind).

for some 2 grand is the most they'll be able to come up in in a year or 2 if they live paycheck to paycheck. that just seems impossible to them now.

but 2 grand is a mighty fine down payment with a trade in if you aren't upside down too bad. that's all I meant by that.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
btw jsimmons your blog is something I hit weekly. for me you truly are an inspiration.

but note I said cost prohibitive for some. obviously, youre the last guy on the planet that applies to.

but lets say, it costs 4 grand for someone to tranny swap (im pulling a number out of my ass there so keep that in mind).

for some 2 grand is the most they'll be able to come up in in a year or 2 if they live paycheck to paycheck. that just seems impossible to them now.

but 2 grand is a mighty fine down payment with a trade in if you aren't upside down too bad. that's all I meant by that.
I think it would be closer to $5k (if we're talking new parts). You could cut that in half if you go to a salvage yard or buy off craigslist.

I've looked and looked, but I can't find the pedal assembly (you need to swap out your auto pedals for manual pedals) on a Ford parts website, so I think the only place to get it is a salvage yard. That's the only part I can't find a new-in-box price for.

Update: BUT WAIT! I decided to give the part number search another shot, and actually found it! The pedal assembly part number is CR3Z2455A, and it fits 2011-2013 Mustangs. It costs $127 from Tousley Ford. You probably also have to get a wiring harness to make it work, but I don't have that part number (yet).

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5 View Post
Curious why the afr is so high. Does it just record the highest number seen and during WOT it drops?

Airaid CAI, BBK Shorty Headers, Magnaflow Competition Quad Tip Axle Back, 93R Bama Tuning, 3.31 Gears, PP

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physix View Post
Curious why the afr is so high. Does it just record the highest number seen and during WOT it drops?
this is something I was concerned about and have constantly asked about on here.

this isn't my first rodeo tuning cars. generally when someone is making way more power than they should on any car, first thing to check is the afr's. I wouldn't be surprised the afr's are a bit scary and potentially dangerous on a few of these tunes.

Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
this is something I was concerned about and have constantly asked about on here.

this isn't my first rodeo tuning cars. generally when someone is making way more power than they should on any car, first thing to check is the afr's. I wouldn't be surprised the afr's are a bit scary and potentially dangerous on a few of these tunes.
I ordered an mpt tune last night but I'll be watching the afr very closely. I do believe it makes more power just not convinced its safe.

Airaid CAI, BBK Shorty Headers, Magnaflow Competition Quad Tip Axle Back, 93R Bama Tuning, 3.31 Gears, PP
Rookie

Hi guys. New mustang owner here. I don't understand the concern with the afr. I was always under the assumption that 14.7:1 is ideal.

2014 DIB Premium 3.7L MT82 Pony Package
MPT 91 Tune, BBK Chrome Longtubes, BBK Offroad X pipe, 14" Vibrant Resonators, Airaid CAI, Shelby Short Throw Shifter, 3.73 FRPP
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc321 View Post
Hi guys. New mustang owner here. I don't understand the concern with the afr. I was always under the assumption that 14.7:1 is ideal.
my point is that i think it should be one of the things openly discussed. people throw tunes on around here as if theres no risk involved.

im not saying its risky. but i think we should be the measuring stick that separates good tunes from bad. not just in power or 1/4 mile times, but also, how safe those tunes are.

I think we should be rewarding the businesses that make good power safer than their competition.

thats all, my posts are intended to raise awareness more than anything else.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc321 View Post
14.7:1 is ideal for burning the fuel efficiently but is dangerously lean under high load.

The AFR shown is max, I paused the video where you can still see the AFR graph. It starts around 14.7:1 then drops down out of sight, but it's below 13:1.

2012 Premium V6 Mustang, Candy Red, Performance Package, Manual.

Mods: Steeda Sports, Koni Yellows, Steeda HD Strut Mount, UMI LCA's, UMI Panhard Bar, Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings.

Last edited by sj90; 12-21-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Rookie

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for the information! I see what you are talking about on the graph.

2014 DIB Premium 3.7L MT82 Pony Package
MPT 91 Tune, BBK Chrome Longtubes, BBK Offroad X pipe, 14" Vibrant Resonators, Airaid CAI, Shelby Short Throw Shifter, 3.73 FRPP
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj90 View Post
14.7:1 is ideal for burning the fuel efficiently but is dangerously lean under high load.

The AFR shown is max, I paused the video where you can still see the AFR graph. It starts around 14.7:1 then drops down out of sight, but it's below 13:1.
14.5 or so is fine for cruising. As long as afr drops at wot, you're okay.
MACH I Member

I understand the concern with exactly what cerebrix is trying to say here, and while I agree with him, I also say go where the wind takes you with one thing to consider:

* Whatever mod you put into your car, you lose the value of. The only exception to that is if you take the time to uninstall it and put the OE parts back on.

We all start out putting little bits into it to get more fun out of it, without realizing the cost because we love the car so much. It's our passion and our fun time!

For as fast as the select shift shifts, I wouldn't worry too much about needing a manual down the road. The older autos I would, but not the newer dual clutch autos that shift lightning quick.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

PONY Member

Wow, those numbers are impressive for just a CAI, shorties, DS, and a 92 MPT Tune on an AUTO. Really considering going MPT when I buy my tuner for this reason + mine is a manual.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Like the car and the conversation in this thread. I learn every time I read something ...

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
Apprentice

Really like the meat in that torque curve. Did you feel a big increase? Thinkin bout gettin some shorties soon. Cmon Cyber Monday!.

2011 V6 6MT, Kona Blue, Premium, heated Saddle leather, 3.31, HID
***Procharged***
Mods: AIRAID CAI, Bama, Magnaflow Street CB, BBK S. Headers, BBK Catted X-Pipe, BBK 73TB, Strut Tower Brace, SR Springs 1.5, Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts, Bumpsteer Kit, Panhard Bar, LCAs, PowerStop Brake Kit, Black MGP Caliper Covers, GT500 Rear Diffuser, Roush Side Splitters, Stillen Front Chin, 30% Tint, LEDs, Black Super Snake Stripes, Polk/Alpine, Audio Control LC7i, RF 10" Sub, 19" Staggered AMRs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page