Finally Dynoed my car! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Finally Dynoed my car!

2013 Mustang V6 Dyno Run - YouTube

13 V6 Premium Deep Impact Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package,Security Package
Mods: Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, RTR 19in wheels, Nitto Nt55,, Ford All-Weather Mats, Gt LED Grille, Airaid CAI, Borla Atak AxleBacks, GT500 Style wing, Adaptive Shifting Pigtail, Koni Yellows, Steeda Adjustable Camber Plates, and Eibach Sportline springs,BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers, MPT 92 Octane Tune, DSS Driveshaft, Ford 3.73 Gears, Brembos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013
Apprentice

You have a nice looking sixer. Planning to ever take it to the track?

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpwr07 View Post
You have a nice looking sixer. Planning to ever take it to the track?
Maybe once to the drag strip, I like road racing alot more.

13 V6 Premium Deep Impact Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package,Security Package
Mods: Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, RTR 19in wheels, Nitto Nt55,, Ford All-Weather Mats, Gt LED Grille, Airaid CAI, Borla Atak AxleBacks, GT500 Style wing, Adaptive Shifting Pigtail, Koni Yellows, Steeda Adjustable Camber Plates, and Eibach Sportline springs,BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers, MPT 92 Octane Tune, DSS Driveshaft, Ford 3.73 Gears, Brembos

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013
PONY Member

So pretty much just the CAI and shorties? Any tuning?
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013
PONY Member

looks like hes got an mpt tune

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013
PONY Member

Two things
1) Your car is so sick!
2) Love the upgrades.

I have Shorty headers (Chrome) Thinking about 3:55 gears and driveshaft.

Question for you. When you purchased MPT tune did they account for the gears and headers ? Is it the same tune everyone gets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5 View Post

2012 v6 Tri Yellow Performance Package.
Upgrade to interior only so far.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice numbers! I'm sure you can squeeze a couple more ponies out of it with some datalogs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshabanov View Post
Two things
1) Your car is so sick!
2) Love the upgrades.

I have Shorty headers (Chrome) Thinking about 3:55 gears and driveshaft.

Question for you. When you purchased MPT tune did they account for the gears and headers ? Is it the same tune everyone gets?
I dont think they do anything for the headers but they will defiantly change it for the gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
looks like hes got an mpt tune
I will update my sig later tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Nice numbers! I'm sure you can squeeze a couple more ponies out of it with some datalogs
I hope so!

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Maybe once to the drag strip, I like road racing alot more.
ok im going to say something here because I really really want you to like your car.

do your absolute best to just acknowledge your car as a super fun street and strip car. do whatever it takes to convince yourself of that.

that does not mean you shouldn't hit the road course. its what I prefer to do most. its also where the lions share of my track time has been spent over the last 2 years.

the reason im mentioning this here, is because I don't want to see you go though what ive seen a few friends go through with auto's. that being, you jumping down a black hole of chassis work trying to make that auto squirt out of corners, and go into corners, or carry speed through turns, the way only a manual car can.

also you really need to acknowledge a dual clutch transmission car is not equal to (in any way shape or form) and automatic on track.

again, I realize this sounds harsh. but ive had 2 friends now dump 6-7 k into their cars, only to sell them, go upside down on both the car and mods only to start all over again just to get a manual (in many cases, tranny swaps are cost prohibitive for most.

I just want you to love that car man. so take my advice under consideration. that's all I ask. I think you'll continue to love that car 2 years down the road if you do.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
PONY Member

Sometimes i want a manual trans but thats why a have a motorcycle

2013 ingot silver v6 auto
Atak ab/BBK TB/91R/K&N Drop-in/3.73/Alum DSS/upr lca 272whp/248wtq :yelpleased: airaid cai,BBK shorties, 18" sve drifts
Sean Reilly

Very Good #'s!.......Great Sounding, and Looking Stang!!......

Sean.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks everyone!

Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks everyone!
keep posting the youtube stuff man ! Great job and sick ass car ! ill be getting my shorties and gearing in a week
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks man! Appreciate it!

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
ok im going to say something here because I really really want you to like your car.

do your absolute best to just acknowledge your car as a super fun street and strip car. do whatever it takes to convince yourself of that.

that does not mean you shouldn't hit the road course. its what I prefer to do most. its also where the lions share of my track time has been spent over the last 2 years.

the reason im mentioning this here, is because I don't want to see you go though what ive seen a few friends go through with auto's. that being, you jumping down a black hole of chassis work trying to make that auto squirt out of corners, and go into corners, or carry speed through turns, the way only a manual car can.

also you really need to acknowledge a dual clutch transmission car is not equal to (in any way shape or form) and automatic on track.

again, I realize this sounds harsh. but ive had 2 friends now dump 6-7 k into their cars, only to sell them, go upside down on both the car and mods only to start all over again just to get a manual (in many cases, tranny swaps are cost prohibitive for most.

I just want you to love that car man. so take my advice under consideration. that's all I ask. I think you'll continue to love that car 2 years down the road if you do.
How is a transmission swap more expensive than getting a new car? In point of fact, performing a transmission swap is a great opportunity to get a better-than-OEM transmission and/or clutch at the same time, and learn a lot more about the car tin the process.

I've found that turning off hill-assist really wakes up an automatic car, because the shifts happen later (both up and down shifts) and it locks out 6th gear. The car is MUCH more responsive. The OP actually has it better because he has the select shift feature in his car, which my 2012 lacks.

The only real problem with his auto trans on a road course will be the lazy speed of shifting up/down. Because you never really know when the transmission is going to finish shifting, you have to approach corners with a bit more trepidation and brake a little earlier/longer. The manual trans definitely wins in this regard (against a select-shift auto).

I think any car (regardless of its transmission) on a road course is leaps and bounds more fun than racing at a drag strip, although the drag strip favors autos, and road courses favor manuals. If I didn't already have other crazy ideas, I'd be planning a transmission swap myself (although my crazy ideas already include a transmission swap, but not JUST a transmission swap).

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page