When to change spark plugs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Question When to change spark plugs

I have been looking around and cant seem to find how often our cars need our spark plugs changed. I'm currently at 49,000 miles and feel like it may need a swap.

Thanks for the help!

Nick

So far I have 3.73 gears, custom pypes exhaust, air raid cai, ddm hid, jlt lower control arms, Bama 93r tune, sway bars, lowering springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013
PONY Member

Manual says 100,000 miles.

Refer to pages 303, 308 and 328 of the owner manual for the motorcraft part number, gapping and change interval.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3_3.7 View Post
Manual says 100,000 miles.

Refer to pages 303, 308 and 328 of the owner manual for the motorcraft part number, gapping and change interval.
thank you very much, could not find it this morning.

So far I have 3.73 gears, custom pypes exhaust, air raid cai, ddm hid, jlt lower control arms, Bama 93r tune, sway bars, lowering springs.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013
PONY Member

Really? I found it in a couple seconds simply searching for spark plug.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Platinum spark plugs last a long time .i tend to agree with the manual stats for 100,000 changes. At 49,000 miles, your plugs should still be good for quite a while yet. Ive taken platinum plugs out of engines with 60-70 thousand miles on them and they still looked perfect.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2013
PONY Member

On my last car (Dodge ) i did an experiment with about 4 different kinds of sparkplugs. $2 to $8 each. In the end, i'm going to stick with the OEM sparkplugs and call it a day

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page