im an idiot... crashed my car, and now its time to upgrade the front end - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

im an idiot... crashed my car, and now its time to upgrade the front end

Yep as the title said, im an idiot and have done my faithful mustang wrong.

since this looks like i can fix everything but paint myself, Im going to do the work to save a claim on my insurance.. All the damage is confined to the front end. Specifically the bumper, radiator, and one headlight. The cars still structurally sound, starts, drives etc... no frame damage as it was a rather low velocity crash. (breaks locked up in the rain and i hit a barrier goin about 5 mph)

In the mean time, Im looking at replacing all the parts and was thinking why not upgrade to a GT or other front end while im at it.

Other than the obvious things like radiator, bumper and headlights. Can anyone inform me of other parts id need to order such as brackets, or anything that you think of? I'd like to order and have everything first before i start tearing it apart.

even a link to more information would be a huge help.

thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

11 v6 auto. black.black bbk longtubes/xpipe, magnaflow gt competition exhaust, sct93 tune, Eibach Pro kit, GT break upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

jus tto clairify... i know i need a new bumper, grill, grill surround and raiator, im more just looking to for info on things like brackets, and other components that may need replacing as a result of said accident.

11 v6 auto. black.black bbk longtubes/xpipe, magnaflow gt competition exhaust, sct93 tune, Eibach Pro kit, GT break upgrade.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013
Banned

Well to be honest we cannot really quote you what you need for parts from a front end impact without actually laying eyes on it as there may very well be undercarriage items, and other things not seen.

As far as going to a GT bumper, minimum you just need the bumper, you can get an 3D carbon grille with center fogs which does not require a surround or a saleen grille same deal no surround needed as its part of the grille.

Without those two grilles you will need the surround and then its your grille of choice and if you go with fogs in the grill you will need a wiring harness.

As far as everything else do you know if you have any wiring damage etc?

Why would you need a radiator with a 5 MPH impact? was it compromised?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013
BOSS Member

Garage
You won't know what you need until you start turning wrenches. Park it and pull it apart.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013
Apprentice

Sorry to hear about your car man. Have you considered the roush bumper? I love the way they look
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013
Apprentice

Well looking for a new bumper I bought mine from this ebay seller, he is by far the cheapest one I've found and he has other colors already prepainted factory colors.

Heres the link for a black GT bumper

10 11 12 Mustang GT Front Bumper Black New Takeoff w Lower Grille Included | eBay

I got mine within a few days and its great no dents just 2 minor scratches on the very bottom probably due to shipping.

As for the grille I'm waiting on this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-FO...42a7f1&vxp=mtr

I ordered it the other day its supposed to come with the grille and grill surround but we shall see.

2011 V6 Black Mustang Automatic: Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights, 93H-R3.1 Bama tune, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnxboyxjoe View Post
Well looking for a new bumper I bought mine from this ebay seller, he is by far the cheapest one I've found and he has other colors already prepainted factory colors.

Heres the link for a black GT bumper

10 11 12 Mustang GT Front Bumper Black New Takeoff w Lower Grille Included | eBay

I got mine within a few days and its great no dents just 2 minor scratches on the very bottom probably due to shipping.

As for the grille I'm waiting on this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-FO...42a7f1&vxp=mtr

I ordered it the other day its supposed to come with the grille and grill surround but we shall see.
Thats a good price for a GT bumper!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

If you are repairing a collision you need to take it apart first, and see what is needed. You are not simply upgrading an otherwise good car. If you buy first and then disassemble plan to spend more and take longer, its setting up for failure. Kinda frustrating because I'm guessing you need to drive the car hence wanting to get things first, but it will be better in the end if you get it apart and diagnose it first.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013
PONY Member

Accident aside, to do a GT front conversion on a v6 is extremely simple. Just need the bumper, lower valence, fog lights and jumper harness (if applicable). It's literally plug and play.

Car: 2011 Black Mustang v6, 6-Speed Auto, Premium Package
MODS: KW Variant 3 Coilovers w/ Maximum Motorsport CC Plates | J&M Adj. Panhard Rod | AEM Intake | Bama 91R | Borla S-Type Axle-Back | Boss Front Conversion w/ Saleen Grille + Foglight w/ Auto Headlight | Boss Rear Diffuser | Forgestar F14 18x10 +42 w/ Nitto NT05 275/35-18 (all around)| BMR LCA | SVT GT500 BBK|
Chuckwalla(CW)-2:21.065
Streets of Willow(CCW)- 1:29.661
Buttonwillow(CCW)-Let's not talk about it
Apprentice

I know Rorysbrown had a boss 302 front bumper kit from a 2011 on sale on craigslist, might still be there. Sideskirts too
MACH I Member

Similar thing happened to me and I did a full Roush front end conversion (new w/ fogs) for only a few hundred dollars more out of pocket than what OEM replacement would have cost.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VipeRS View Post
Similar thing happened to me and I did a full Roush front end conversion (new w/ fogs) for only a few hundred dollars more out of pocket than what OEM replacement would have cost.

I miss my roush front

Car: 2011 Black Mustang v6, 6-Speed Auto, Premium Package
MODS: KW Variant 3 Coilovers w/ Maximum Motorsport CC Plates | J&M Adj. Panhard Rod | AEM Intake | Bama 91R | Borla S-Type Axle-Back | Boss Front Conversion w/ Saleen Grille + Foglight w/ Auto Headlight | Boss Rear Diffuser | Forgestar F14 18x10 +42 w/ Nitto NT05 275/35-18 (all around)| BMR LCA | SVT GT500 BBK|
Chuckwalla(CW)-2:21.065
Streets of Willow(CCW)- 1:29.661
Buttonwillow(CCW)-Let's not talk about it
PONY Member

Send a message via MSN to Rorysbrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightX View Post
I know Rorysbrown had a boss 302 front bumper kit from a 2011 on sale on craigslist, might still be there. Sideskirts too
Actually, I sold my 2012 bumper kit a week ago but I maybe looking to change my 2012 hood and Roush front bumper with the C/S grille to a 2013 GT Hood and front bumper set. So if you are interested vplnic, contact me through my web site, http://mymustang.ca or here.

Rory S. Brown from Surrey, BC Canada
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2014 Mustang MCA Edition in Grabber Blue. Previously: 2016 Shelby GT350 in Race Red, 2015 Mustang V6 Competition Orange, 2012 Mustang V6 Premium ProCharged in Black, 2011 Mustang V6 Premium in Red Candy Metallic, and 1979 Mustang Cobra in Bright Red (My 1st New Car)
Website www.mymustang.ca
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks all. the links provided are very helpful!

and yes i know i wont know exactly whats damaged until its all apart, just more looking for things that i can order before hand that will obviously need replacin.

i will start tearing her down on monday.

Apprentice

Your welcome, I would be very cautious about the bumper though, I did not notice that it had a dent in it.... It isn't a bad one but knowing that it is there just drives me crazy, I can't ask for a return because it is passed the return time limit. :/ When it comes in look over every part of it. My dent was on the front and I couldn't see it from head on, I had to look at an angle. So when it comes in if you buy it from that seller look over it very carefully.

2011 V6 Black Mustang Automatic: Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights, 93H-R3.1 Bama tune, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page