2013 No FRPP CAI or Tune for V6? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question 2013 No FRPP CAI or Tune for V6?

So I've been consistently planning what upgrades I want to do next spring and I figured I would start now so I can take the time to make sure I get what I want, I have a 2013 V6 Premium Auto. The following mods are what I'm looking at for the spring:
GT500 Quad Exhuast & Rear Valance
CAI
Tune

Now the only part I'm still having an issue with is the CAI and tune. I cannot seem to find a CAI and tune from FRPP for the 2013 V6, I only see the mods for GT and up. I would prefer to go with FRPP, since from what I understand, the ford dealerships will still honor the warranty should something go wrong (this of course depends on the dealer as well). So I guess I'm SOL for getting these mods from FRPP?

If it's simply not going to be available from FRPP I will talk to some local dealers and get a feel for their point of view on mods and look at either a Steeda/SCT or a Airaid/BAMA combination.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
I was thinking about changing the gears as well, but since a majority of my driving is highway the 2.73 seems ideal for my situations since this is my DD.

My DD: 2013 V6 Auto (Pony Pkg 202A) Performance White, Comfort & Security Pkg
Future Mods: Steeda Tune & CAI, GT500 Quad Exhaust, Stalker Hood, (still debating which spoiler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Generally the Ford aftermarket intakes are not worth it, and the FRPP tuner is definitely not worth it. You'll see much better gains from our Steeda CAI than you would the Airaid one, our intake has a larger MAF housing, which requires a custom tune, but makes more power as well.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin366 View Post
Generally the Ford aftermarket intakes are not worth it, and the FRPP tuner is definitely not worth it. You'll see much better gains from our Steeda CAI than you would the Airaid one, our intake has a larger MAF housing, which requires a custom tune, but makes more power as well.
Sounds good, I really wasn't worried if they didn't make the FRPP mods for the V6 anyway, I was just partial to the warranty. I will just have to go to some dealerships in the area, luckily there are quite a few, and get a feel for who is the most lenient with regards to aftermarket mods.

As far as a CAI goes, I was leaning towards Steeda anyway since it seems like a better product when paired with a tune, which I planned on getting anyway.

Thanks for the input!

Future Mods: Steeda Tune & CAI, GT500 Quad Exhaust, Stalker Hood, (still debating which spoiler)

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I can't say for sure but will the GT500 fit the V6? The pipes are a different size between the V8 and V6 so some heavy modifications may be needed for that. Please check into this before putting down your money. I don't think your warranty hinges on what mufflers you have (except the warranty on the mufflers themselves).
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
Sounds good, I really wasn't worried if they didn't make the FRPP mods for the V6 anyway, I was just partial to the warranty. I will just have to go to some dealerships in the area, luckily there are quite a few, and get a feel for who is the most lenient with regards to aftermarket mods.

As far as a CAI goes, I was leaning towards Steeda anyway since it seems like a better product when paired with a tune, which I planned on getting anyway.

Thanks for the input!
There should be no issue with our intake and warranty, we have never had an issue and many dealers sell our serialized vehicles which come with our intake and tune as well as other upgrades.

Keep in mind that if you want to use our intake you MUST get a custom tune, it is not optional.

You're welcome to pm me if you have any questions or would like some pricing.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
I can't say for sure but will the GT500 fit the V6? The pipes are a different size between the V8 and V6 so some heavy modifications may be needed for that. Please check into this before putting down your money. I don't think your warranty hinges on what mufflers you have (except the warranty on the mufflers themselves).
Yep it will fit a V6, it just requires a little more work, but nothing to ridiculous, just some welding to make sure the pipes line up correctly.

Here's the total cost from someone on another site who had this modification done: GT500 Quad Exhaust or Borla S? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums Post #10.

He managed to get the GT500 AB and valance for $680 (from an FRPP dealer) + $224 (dealership installation), obviously this could be cheaper if you go outside the dealership, but just an idea.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin366 View Post
There should be no issue with our intake and warranty, we have never had an issue and many dealers sell our serialized vehicles which come with our intake and tune as well as other upgrades.

Keep in mind that if you want to use our intake you MUST get a custom tune, it is not optional.

You're welcome to pm me if you have any questions or would like some pricing.
Oh I will in the future most likely when it gets closer to the spring.

From everything I've been reading the combination of a tune and a CAI is a great combination of mods to start off with and getting a CAI that doesn't require a tune, when I plan on getting one anyway, seems like a waste.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Yep it will fit a V6, it just requires a little more work, but nothing to ridiculous, just some welding to make sure the pipes line up correctly.

Here's the total cost from someone on another site who had this modification done: GT500 Quad Exhaust or Borla S? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums Post #10.

He managed to get the GT500 AB and valance for $680 (from an FRPP dealer) + $224 (dealership installation), obviously this could be cheaper if you go outside the dealership, but just an idea.
But that was on a GT, not a 6. They're a straight bolt on for a GT, are they not? I must say though, the quad exhaust does look good.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013
PONY Member

I talked to ford racing at length about a v6 tune and I got them to say "ok, show us enough interest and we'll do it"

I made a thread about it, everyone was basically like "**** em" and that was that.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
I talked to ford racing at length about a v6 tune and I got them to say "ok, show us enough interest and we'll do it"

I made a thread about it, everyone was basically like "**** em" and that was that.
I would say they should look at the forum and see what people are doing to gauge interest. I'm not sure how well FRPP would do tuning the car vs anyone else.
PONY Member

You'll be happy with just a tune and cai. I think with just these two mods, it took off around .5 tenths off my 0 to 60 times.

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
But that was on a GT, not a 6. They're a straight bolt on for a GT, are they not? I must say though, the quad exhaust does look good.
Oh wow, I must have been tired yesterday because I completely missed that I apologize.

This guy had no problem getting the quad GT500 ABs on his 2013 v6: http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/t318585/

It takes a little more work, but for me it's worth it. I don't want to piss my neighbors off, but I do want it to stand out and grab some attention, for me this setup is ideal.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
You'll be happy with just a tune and cai. I think with just these two mods, it took off around .5 tenths off my 0 to 60 times.
Yeah I think I'll be going with a Steeda CAI/Tune first, seems like it will be the best bang for my buck at the moment.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post

Hm, well if that's their reaction then screw it. I was just partial to them for the warranty purposes anyway, but as I said before there are quite a few ford dealerships in the area so it doesn't really matter. I was kinda hoping to get a Steeda/CAI and tune anyway

I will be contacting those dealerships when the time comes to get a feel for which ones are more lenient with modifications.

PONY Member

Quote:
Hm, well if that's their reaction then screw it. I was just partial to them for the warranty purposes anyway, but as I said before there are quite a few ford dealerships in the area so it doesn't really matter. I was kinda hoping to get a Steeda/CAI and tune anyway

I will be contacting those dealerships when the time comes to get a feel for which ones are more lenient with modifications.
to be clear it wasn't fords reaction that was like screw em.

it was the forum members that told em to get effed.

basically we told ford "don't develop a v6 tune, we don't want it"

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page