Q's for my fellow prochargered v6s. - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

those trap speeds are low... and the times are in the NA stock area... very confused, between your dyno sheet and you track times. something isn't adding up and I think your tuner is to blame. Possibly inflating your numbers and not knowing wtf they are doing.... just putting it out there. lol i ran [email protected] on "409rwhp/335rwtq" if you are making that much more power your trap speeds should be over 114mph

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

Well his 60' times are very slow so that might be holding him back quute a bit but his trap speeds should at least be over 110. My vote is an ambitious dyno. Not knocking him or his tuner but proof is in the slip.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye010 View Post
Well his 60' times are very slow so that might be holding him back quute a bit but his trap speeds should at least be over 110. My vote is an ambitious dyno. Not knocking him or his tuner but proof is in the slip.

Sry for the delay guys. I was busy doing down pipe installs on 335i's. And let me tell you we are lucky with the amount of room we have under the hood. lol Ok so time for the recap. The first run was with heat soak so the car pulled out a couple of degrees of timing. Not to mention me bogging the launch and shifting slow. Lol The second run I kept the car off and pushed it inline till I got in the front of line. The second run I didn't expect the extra power and I spun all the way threw first and part of second. Now keep in mind those were my first two times I have ever been down the track. Also I after my second time down the track they closed cause of horrible fog. I think with a set of lowering spring and switching out these 3.31 gears. I will do much better. I could care less what anybody thinks about my times at the track or my dyno. I think I did good for my first time.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197mustang View Post
Sry for the delay guys. I was busy doing down pipe installs on 335i's. And let me tell you we are lucky with the amount of room we have under the hood. lol Ok so time for the recap. The first run was with heat soak so the car pulled out a couple of degrees of timing. Not to mention me bogging the launch and shifting slow. Lol The second run I kept the car off and pushed it inline till I got in the front of line. The second run I didn't expect the extra power and I spun all the way threw first and part of second. Now keep in mind those were my first two times I have ever been down the track. Also I after my second time down the track they closed cause of horrible fog. I think with a set of lowering spring and switching out these 3.31 gears. I will do much better. I could care less what anybody thinks about my times at the track or my dyno. I think I did good for my first time.

See i really didnt want to seem as if I was trashing you and learning to hook up at the track can be an art form. Most of us were interested in a fairly clean run to see what your trap speeds were. Which is a true indication of what you are making for power to the wheels. Lackbof traction and nerves dont make for clean runs. Please dont take it as an insult, wasnt heading that way.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye010 View Post
See i really didnt want to seem as if I was trashing you and learning to hook up at the track can be an art form. Most of us were interested in a fairly clean run to see what your trap speeds were. Which is a true indication of what you are making for power to the wheels. Lackbof traction and nerves dont make for clean runs. Please dont take it as an insult, wasnt heading that way.

As for your dyno numbers other people would like to duplicate what you are making for horsepower if those numbers are correct. People would like to be at that level on a standard pulley. If your tuner has found something then others are interested. Its not meant to be an attack on you.

PONY Member

new motivation to procharge, Plates came in today with CRR or Chevy race ready. Lol

2014 Black 3.7 6M. 20 inch black bullets, Pypes Axle back, matte black super snake stripes, next up JLT intake.
2011 Mustang 5.0 Race Red. gone and was sick
2011 Mustang 3.7, gone sold 3 times since, that I know of.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

I echo Popeye's sentiments and I do not mean to come off as an attack but the dyno numbers do not match the times what so ever.

Just saying

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

No worries guys. I reread my post and it came off as me being angry. But I'm not mad. The only thing I'm mad at is my car will be In the shop till dec 6th. An ass holes hit my car. I will try and post pics. The insurance company called me and said its will be 5k in damages.

Rookie

how are you getting so much torque? Gears? tune?
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusohouli View Post
how are you getting so much torque? Gears? tune?
Not sure but it will be back on the dyno when I get it back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page