Q's for my fellow prochargered v6s. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Q's for my fellow prochargered v6s.

I had my car dyno tuned yesterday. I'm trying to get a comparison on the numbers. My set up is procharger with helix gears( not that they help lol), 4.1 pulley, catless x pipe, 331 gears, American muscle drive shaft, 55 pound injectors. The car made 389whp 323tq at 6.5psi. I was wondering what other people made with there set up. Thanks for the help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197mustang View Post
I had my car dyno tuned yesterday. I'm trying to get a comparison on the numbers. My set up is procharger with helix gears( not that they help lol), 4.1 pulley, catless x pipe, 331 gears, American muscle drive shaft, 55 pound injectors. The car made 389whp 323tq at 6.5psi. I was wondering what other people made with there set up. Thanks for the help.

We have very similar mods on our 2011 V6 project car and were able to make 400 RWHP and 340 RWTQ. You can see the build at 2011 V6 Mustang Project Car!

The 2011+ V6's with a blower are extremely fun to drive. I hope you're really enjoying yours! Keep up the great work and let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
We have very similar mods on our 2011 V6 project car and were able to make 400 RWHP and 340 RWTQ. You can see the build at 2011 V6 Mustang Project Car!

The 2011+ V6's with a blower are extremely fun to drive. I hope you're really enjoying yours! Keep up the great work and let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Hey Dan, I'm likely going to either supercharge my 6 next year or get a gt. I've got a question regarding the numbers posted in that video, mostly how wide and flat the torque curve is from 4k to 7k. Most curves are much more of a peak that maxes out at 5-6k then drops off a bit. Is the difference just in the tune?

Is there any chance you have access to the actual dyno sheet when this car was run with this configuration? I'm interested to see the boost curve.

Thanks.

2012 Premium V6 Mustang, Candy Red, Performance Package, Manual.

Mods: Steeda Sports, Koni Yellows, Steeda HD Strut Mount, UMI LCA's, UMI Panhard Bar, Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings.

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:

Automatic or manual?

It also sounds to me like you are having belt slip, thus causing the lower boost number.

Of course the catless mid pipe is probably also a contributing factor.

And what were the A/F numbers running?

post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013
Rookie

My mods: standard intercooler, standard pulley plus helical gears, 60# inj., American Muscle DS, MRT Catted H-pipe, 2.5" Pypes catback + vibrant ultra quiet resonators, 3.73 gear. Custom tuned

2012 Mustang 3.7 V6
Performance White / Saddle Leather
200A Spec + Performance Package
ProCharged 420WHP / 326TQ @ 9.8 psi
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Automatic or manual?

It also sounds to me like you are having belt slip, thus causing the lower boost number.

Of course the catless mid pipe is probably also a contributing factor.

And what were the A/F numbers running?
The belt was slipping before and I was only seeing 5psi. I changed the tensioner and there is no slipping at 6.5 psi. I went ahead and ordered a 3.70 pulley. I want more boost. I'm a manual by the way.

post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

-Dan
If you don't mind sharing your set up that would be nice. Or is it top secret? Lol

post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
The belt was slipping before and I was only seeing 5psi. I changed the tensioner and there is no slipping at 6.5 psi. I went ahead and ordered a 3.70 pulley. I want more boost. I'm a manual by the way.

Well, the standard pulley is set to get around 8 psi, but the catless mid pipe reduces back pressure some so that lowers boost a bit but I would still think you should see more than 6.5 psi.

How high are you revving it?
_

post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Well, the standard pulley is set to get around 8 psi, but the catless mid pipe reduces back pressure some so that lowers boost a bit but I would still think you should see more than 6.5 psi.

How high are you revving it?
_

GT Member

409rwhp / 335rwtq .... @ 8psi - 7,000 rpms.

Why are you only reving it to 6500rpms? although I dont think that 500rpms would make 1.5psi less though

Your tune is very mild im assuming. Mines pretty mild though and I make decent power. I don't have cats though either.

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebyu12 View Post
409rwhp / 335rwtq .... @ 8psi - 7,000 rpms.

Why are you only reving it to 6500rpms? although I dont think that 500rpms would make 1.5psi less though

Your tune is very mild im assuming. Mines pretty mild though and I make decent power. I don't have cats though either.
I'm sry I went back and looked at te graph and it was to 6850. I wonder why I'm not seeing full boost?

GT Member

Either belt slip or one of your pulleys isn't the right size.... or your leaking boost somewhere

Grabber Blue 2012 V6 6-Speed Procharger P-1SC-1 @ 8psi tuned by Mustang Magic, Tial-Q BOV 3.55 Gears, Spec flywheel, exedy stage-3 clutch, 4in Alum. Driveshaft, Lethal Off-Road X, 12" resonators, 2.5" exhaust all the way back, QTP electric cutouts, GT500 Axlebacks, Barton Shifter, FRPP Strut tower bar, J&M LCA's, Steeda UCA ,CHE adj. panhard bar, FRPP P-Springs...lots of show mods
409/335 on a 98 degree day -- [email protected] - Car has 11's in it!
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebyu12 View Post
Either belt slip or one of your pulleys isn't the right size.... or your leaking boost somewhere

Ok I will keep that in mind. It will be interesting see what it does with this 3.70 pulley.

MACH I Member

Quote:
Ok I will keep that in mind. It will be interesting see what it does with this 3.70 pulley.

Careful with the smaller pullies. Since we have an open-deck block, it's more prone to failure than the closed deck 5.0L. It provides better cooling, but cannot handle boost as well as the 5.0L. If you are dead set on getting a smaller pully, I'd suggest getting a very polished dyno tune with good octane so you have less risk for failure.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VipeRS View Post
Careful with the smaller pullies. Since we have an open-deck block, it's more prone to failure than the closed deck 5.0L. It provides better cooling, but cannot handle boost as well as the 5.0L. If you are dead set on getting a smaller pully, I'd suggest getting a very polished dyno tune with good octane so you have less risk for failure.
Thanks I will keep that in mind. While I was waiting on my pulley to arrive. I found a boost leak. I fixed the boost leak and had the car dynod again. I guess that was the problem cause the car put down 449whp and 408tq at 8psi it was 58 degrees so i know that helped as well lol. So i guess I will be returning the pulley back to procharger now lol.

Heres the dyno video. not the best video but you get the point lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6RLo5KIA8Y

Last edited by S197mustang; 11-11-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: for got the video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page